View Poll Results: Should being a nazi in your country be illegal?
Yes 21 26.25%
No 54 67.50%
banana party should be illegal 5 6.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 28, 2003, 21:26   #121
Al B. Sure!
Emperor

Local Time: 22:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Kidicious:

How the hell is that a response to what i said... if anything, them getting their message out only harms themselves... don't suddenly create an allurement around the Klan by banning it... let them have their little rallies where they are brutally ridiculed and their ideas trashed... it's a very effective way in destroying the power of the KKK... right now, all its made up of is trailer trash who need to feel better than someone... it's not really a threat to anyone and it is trashed so much.

many times, idealogies have only gotten more popular when outlawed... keeping them in public view and ridiculed can be much more effective.

Also, i think some alterations are needed in society such as bringing some kind of jobs to these rural poor people. a man with a good job and confident in his abilities and the abilities of others, with no need to gain confidence through supposed superiority, will never done a hood.
Old May 28, 2003, 21:28   #122
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Quote:
They do not violate any law,do not commit violence, so based on your rethoric should it be allowed in the US.
Yes, it should be allowed, and it will be. Free Speech should apply to all. How are we better than the Nazis when we silence political views we don't agree with?

Quote:
The Nazis should be outlawed too. Anyone who preaches hate should be.
Far left communists hate the rich. I guess we can ban the Communist party too!
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old May 28, 2003, 21:44   #123
Al B. Sure!
Emperor

Imran:

i dont think people realize how letting some groups give their speeches and have their rallies and what not is usually very effective in destroying their idealogy... let something stay public and let it be brutally ridiculed... sounds so simple...
Old May 28, 2003, 21:45   #124
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Exactly... shutting it up just creates a MASSIVE underground movement. Look at neo-Nazis in Germany.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Old May 28, 2003, 21:48   #125
Space05us
King

Local Time: 14:29
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
The federal govt should have declared war on the KKK long ago and crushed them.
uhhh, where have you been?
Old May 28, 2003, 22:00   #126
August Borms
Prince

Local Time: 03:29
Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Exactly... shutting it up just creates a MASSIVE underground movement. Look at neo-Nazis in Germany.
Allowing it to exist can create an even larger underground movement, just look at islamic fundamentalism in western Europe...
Old May 28, 2003, 22:02   #127
Kidicious
Deity

Local Time: 18:29
Quote:
Originally posted by Albert Speer
Kidicious:

How the hell is that a response to what i said... if anything, them getting their message out only harms themselves... don't suddenly create an allurement around the Klan by banning it... let them have their little rallies where they are brutally ridiculed and their ideas trashed... it's a very effective way in destroying the power of the KKK... right now, all its made up of is trailer trash who need to feel better than someone... it's not really a threat to anyone and it is trashed so much.

many times, idealogies have only gotten more popular when outlawed... keeping them in public view and ridiculed can be much more effective.

Also, i think some alterations are needed in society such as bringing some kind of jobs to these rural poor people. a man with a good job and confident in his abilities and the abilities of others, with no need to gain confidence through supposed superiority, will never done a hood.
I don't think so. I think they can spread thier propaganda better when they are legal. You may think they sound stupid, but they can convince a lot of idiots with thier simple rhetoric.
Old May 28, 2003, 22:02   #128
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
Allowing it to exist can create an even larger underground movement, just look at islamic fundamentalism in western Europe...
Why would you create an underground movement if it is legal? That's just silly.

Islamic fundamentalism is pretty low in Europe... it'd be even greater if you outlawed their parties.
Old May 28, 2003, 22:03   #129
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
They did declare war on the KKK, and they did crush them. The KKK came back several decades later, but it was no longer functioning as a terrorist organization -- instead it functioned primarily as a hate organization. Since terrorism is illegal, while hate is constitutionally protected, the first instantiation of the KKK was crushed while the second instantiation is still around.
Old May 28, 2003, 22:03   #130
Kidicious
Deity

Quote:
Far left communists hate the rich. I guess we can ban the Communist party too!
I don't care. I'm not a member
Old May 28, 2003, 22:05   #131
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
Doesn't matter.... I find it scary to believe that you would have no problem with this.
Old May 28, 2003, 22:06   #132
Kidicious
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by loinburger
Quote:
They did declare war on the KKK, and they did crush them. The KKK came back several decades later, but it was no longer functioning as a terrorist organization -- instead it functioned primarily as a hate organization. Since terrorism is illegal, while hate is constitutionally protected, the first instantiation of the KKK was crushed while the second instantiation is still around.
Shame on me. I should know better.
Old May 28, 2003, 22:07   #133
Kidicious
Deity

Quote:
Quote:
Doesn't matter.... I find it scary to believe that you would have no problem with this.
I would, but not on the level that you might think. I don't believe that the communists have commited any terrorism in this country. I haven't seen any proof.

edit: btw, I think there is a difference between being a communist or a fascist and being a member of a party who plans violence or terrorism.
Old May 28, 2003, 22:12   #134
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
I don't believe that the communists have commited any terrorism in this country.
Neither have Nazis.
Old May 28, 2003, 22:27   #135
August Borms
Prince

Local Time: 03:29
Quote:
Quote:
Why would you create an underground movement if it is legal? That's just silly.

Islamic fundamentalism is pretty low in Europe... it'd be even greater if you outlawed their parties.
While islamic fundamentalism is allowed, the terror networks remain underground ofcourse and are funded by non-underground organisations: charities, mosques, etc.

And I wouldn't call islamic fundamentalism low in Europe, since 2001 hundreds of terrorists who were planning to attack targets in Europe have been arrested in Spain, France, Italy, the UK, Belgium and the Netherlands.

The muslim fundamentalists in Belgium have been responsable for the murder of General Masood and have aided the terrorists who commited the attacks in Casablanca.

In the forests outside Brussels, an islamic "scouts" organisation is training teenagers to fight in the Jihad (atleast several people have been sent to Afghanistan already)

These things would be much harder to do if islamic fundamentalism was outlawed.

The nazi's otoh are being much more "repressed" than the islamic fundamentalists in Belgium, the result being that either there is no underground nazi movement or maybe they just aren't doing anything, I don't know...
Old May 28, 2003, 22:51   #136
Kidicious
Deity

Quote:
Quote:
I don't believe that the communists have commited any terrorism in this country.
Neither have Nazis.
But I don't like them
Old May 28, 2003, 22:53   #137
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 21:29
Quote:
Originally posted by Kidicious

But I don't like them
What does that have to do with anything?
Old May 28, 2003, 22:54   #138
Kidicious
Deity

Aren't you suppose to make things you don't like illegal?
Old May 28, 2003, 22:56   #139
DinoDoc
Deity

I don't like chocolate ice cream but you don't see me writing me Congressman to have it banned.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old May 28, 2003, 23:00   #140
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Just had another thought on this subject:

If being a Nazi is illegal, they'll just create a new organization with the same ideals but a different name.

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005
Old May 28, 2003, 23:01   #141
Kidicious
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc
I don't like chocolate ice cream but you don't see me writing me Congressman to have it banned.
I think I feel a little bit stronger about the Nazis than you do about chocolate ice cream .
Old May 28, 2003, 23:05   #142
Al B. Sure!
Emperor

Kidicious:

I'm sure DinoDoc or Imran or dozens of others would feel VERY strongly about someone being denied the rights of free speech... and they'd truly dislike anyone who promoted such restrictions on free speech... can we get you outlawed too?

of course, they would never try to do that because it would break their belief in free speech...
Old May 28, 2003, 23:06   #143
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 11:29
I think I'll play Devil's advocate.

Frankly I reckon that any organisation that exists through brainwashing should be proscribed. Example - David Koresh and his mates. I don't see the Nazis being any different.
Old May 28, 2003, 23:06   #144
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:

I think I feel a little bit stronger about the Nazis than you do about chocolate ice cream .
Your arguments, though simple, are really pretty damn good.

Old May 28, 2003, 23:08   #145
Kidicious
Deity

Quote:
Kidicious:

I'm sure DinoDoc or Imran or dozens of others would feel VERY strongly about someone being denied the rights of free speech... and they'd truly dislike anyone who promoted such restrictions on free speech... can we get you outlawed too?

of course, they would never try to do that because it would break their belief in free speech...
I believe in free speech for some, but not for others. I'm not your typical American I guess you might say.
Old May 28, 2003, 23:13   #146
DinoDoc
Deity

Quote:

I doubt that.
Old May 28, 2003, 23:14   #147
Al B. Sure!
Emperor

Kidicious:

Ever heard the term slippery slope? or some are more equal than others?
Old May 28, 2003, 23:17   #148
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Kidicious:

Ever heard the term slippery slope? or some are more equal than others?
A composite of your opinions from two threads:

Being a Nazi should be legal.
Adultery should be illegal.

I just find that amusing.

Old May 28, 2003, 23:18   #149
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 11:29
Quote:

I believe in free speech for some, but not for others. I'm not your typical American I guess you might say.
Now there's someone with his head screwed on the right way.

Let me ask the Hitler-lovers () this: If the Nazi Party, given what you know about them and their political program, became popular in the country you lived in and began to establish themselves as a political power by legitimate means, what would you do?

Would you leave them be and wait until they gained power and then attempted to overturn all the civil rights you wanted to protect, or would you suppress them, which would be bad for them, but good for all the people who would avoid the evil things they planned on doing?

Presumably, this dilemma once confronted the German authorities. I think they made the wrong choice, don't you?
Old May 28, 2003, 23:20   #150
Al B. Sure!
Emperor

JW:

Someone has the right to express views... also, i am convinced these views only get trashed and ridiculed by staying public so it makes more sense to keep them legal...

adultery, however, does do serious harm to the spouse and the children. furthermore, adultery is not protected by the US constitution