Old June 9, 2003, 08:32   #61
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:35
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Locutus - great effort! I think we should not combine an Apolyton meeting with any event (like Lowlands, rpg convention), so I propose to meet in a bar somewhere. An outside one, at that time of year, preferably.
Best thing would be to have it during a weekend.
Can't make it on either 30 Aug or 6 Sep, though.

Aidun - thanks for having me included!

Panag - are you into reselling train tickets?
Old June 9, 2003, 09:42   #62
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 04:35
Quote:
Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
Locutus - great effort! I think we should not combine an Apolyton meeting with any event (like Lowlands, rpg convention), so I propose to meet in a bar somewhere. An outside one, at that time of year, preferably.
Best thing would be to have it during a weekend.
Can't make it on either 30 Aug or 6 Sep, though.

Aidun - thanks for having me included!

Panag - are you into reselling train tickets?
hi ,

nope , but during the years i have not only learned to speak the languages , i have also found ways to get the cheapest yet the best quality money can buy , .....

and build up excellent contacts in various train and plane services , .......

have a nice day
Old June 10, 2003, 04:44   #63
Ribannah
Queen

Location: The Netherlands, Embassy of the Iroquois Confederacy
In case we need a topic to talk about, I just received this e-mail from Cracker at CivFanatics ....

Needless to say that I have no clue what he is talking about. Crackerpot has been haunting me ever since I dared to critique his "opening sequence' thread. This is a guy who has already threatened me with the gas chamber before.

The name Civ-Fanatics gets a new meaning.

Quote:
I am contacting in advance of publication of the Gotm19-Ottomans results to inform you that your submission for this game has provided the final necessary piece of evidentiary information to support a conclusive finding that you are actively using external information and/or replay/reloading to gain an ongoing unfair advantage over your friends and peers who play
the same games in comparison to your efforts.

Based on a detailed review of your most recent 4 games and QSC submissions plus your submissions of record from 2002, we have determined to implement a series of administrative actions. These actions are specifically designed to support all players in the GOTM community who abide by both the spirit and intent of the rules of play for the GOTM games. The rules assure that all GOTM games impart a high level of confidence to all players that patterns of play like those exhibited in your GOTM games can
be detected and reliably excluded from the results through statistical comparison of the long term patterns of play and the expected statistical results for events that should display an overall random distribution.

This set of actions will initially include the following specific actions:
1) Exclusion of your Gotm19-Ottomans results as invalid.
2) Restructuring the Qsc19-Ottomans results to exclude your previously announced first place finishing submission.
3) Further review of past GOTM and QSC games to remove those games submitted by you that are now confirmed to be an ongoing part of this pattern of play that violates both the letter and the spirit of the GOTM rules.
4) Further submission of GOTM and QSC games by you for scoring and/or recognition will no longer be acceptable or acknowledged.
5) Your access to post in the CivFanatics forums and to use the Private messaging system will be restricted, but you may still freely communicate with me or Thunderfall privately by email.
6) In the event that your access privileges are selectively restored to some membership functions at Civfanatics, you will be prohibited from participating in any public discussion of rules or play conduct issues related to GOTM events, either directly or by implication.
7) There will be a period of public assimilation and discussion that will include questions about these issues from many experienced and new players. I will address these questions by focusing on the specific issues and then after a period of a week to ten days will consider the issue closed for all participants including you. You are not expected to respond to or participate in any of this discussion in any way.

These actions have been reviewed by the GOTM staff as well as all members of the CivFanatics leadership and moderator teams and have been deemed reasonable and appropriate in view of the serial and ongoing nature of the problem issues revealed in this investigation.

No single one event is specifically at issue here. It is the overwhelming weight of review of many events across over nine of your submitted games and then compared to the submitted game results of literally hundreds of your peers that leads me to the unquestionable determination that your games cannot be considered as meeting the standards of conduct and fair play that are acceptable with the GOTM games. We reached this same
conclusion in January when your Gotm14 game was excluded from the results and now these additional game submissions demand that further permanent action must be taken.

You may continue to contact me at gotm@civfanatics.net if you feel that you need further clarification of any specific issues outline for you within this communication.

Respectfully,

Cracker
Administrator of the Games of the Month
CivFanatics.com
(P.S.: No explanation was ever given for my January exclusion either.)
Old June 10, 2003, 06:13   #64
Bas
Prince

I think I'll be able to make the last date mentioned (6 or 7 september or something like that), the other two are highly unlikely.
Old June 11, 2003, 09:38   #65
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ribannah
In case we need a topic to talk about, I just received this e-mail from Cracker at CivFanatics ....

Needless to say that I have no clue what he is talking about. Crackerpot has been haunting me ever since I dared to critique his "opening sequence' thread. This is a guy who has already threatened me with the gas chamber before.

The name Civ-Fanatics gets a new meaning.

(P.S.: No explanation was ever given for my January exclusion either.)
hi ,

sjee , what did you do , .....

dont worry , you are not the only one , .....

maybe its time we get our own GOTM at apolyton , ....

anyway , just a Q , would the 6 of september not be a problem due to the start of school in nederland , ......

have a nice day
Old June 11, 2003, 10:03   #66
Ribannah
Queen

Hi Panag,

Well, that is the thing. I didn't violate any rule, and have absolutely to clue as to what is causing all this (except a clearly noticable envy).

Of course now that I can't reply all kinds of lies and fabrications are appearing about my games but no clear reason is surfacing.

Since indeed I am but one in a long row of Cracker's victims (his goal seems to be to remove everyone who is not willing to constantly express their admiration for his godliness), there is little hope of rectification.

Thunderfall is passive these days, he seems to be totally in Cracker's pocket and is letting the alternative tourney games at CF die out by not responding to their requests.

Yes, a GOTM here at Apolyton would be a great idea, it would put some life back into this old place!
Old June 11, 2003, 10:04   #67
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

No one have a big garden or something where we can hold a BBQ
Old June 11, 2003, 10:51   #68
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Now, that would be a good idea But of course, you need good weather for that, so kinda hard to make arrangements for that so far in advance...
Old June 11, 2003, 11:08   #69
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

should I attend? I'm all for a BBQ

Dr. Oogkloot has a garden

and BTW, the civ fanatics guys are just reactionary twits, Alcibiades on top of all... posting here as....
Old June 11, 2003, 11:11   #70
Zopperoni
Age of Nations TeamApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ecthelion
Dr. Oogkloot has a garden
Heh, his garden isn't that big

I'll poke him to see if he's interested.

Would be cool if you could come too, Andz
Old June 11, 2003, 11:16   #71
Ribannah
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Ecthelion
and BTW, the civ fanatics guys are just reactionary twits, Alcibiades on top of all... posting here as....
Believe me, compared to Cracker, Chris is a saint.
Old June 11, 2003, 11:16   #72
Ecthy
Emperor

stop calling me that it makes me twisted
Old June 11, 2003, 12:22   #73
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ribannah
Hi Panag,

Well, that is the thing. I didn't violate any rule, and have absolutely to clue as to what is causing all this (except a clearly noticable envy).

Of course now that I can't reply all kinds of lies and fabrications are appearing about my games but no clear reason is surfacing.

Since indeed I am but one in a long row of Cracker's victims (his goal seems to be to remove everyone who is not willing to constantly express their admiration for his godliness), there is little hope of rectification.

Thunderfall is passive these days, he seems to be totally in Cracker's pocket and is letting the alternative tourney games at CF die out by not responding to their requests.

Yes, a GOTM here at Apolyton would be a great idea, it would put some life back into this old place!
hi ,

bah , meid , trek het u niet aan , er zijn overall wel mensen die om de een of andere reden anderen ambeteren , leugens over hun verspreiden , enz , .....

ik heb het zelfde hier met een paar flauwe plezanten , maar ik kijk er niet naar om , laat ze maar in hun eigen vet gaar koken , ....

zoals altijd zijn er wel mensen die vergeten wat een spel is , ..... daar is het uiteindelijk om te doen , een spel > en dat wil zeggen , plezier , fun , toffe zaken

en wat is hier de beste oplossing , that we make our own GOTM (!)

anyone else who feels like this

advise and feedback welcome true email and pm , not in this thread please

maybe we can use the meet in a couple of months to share ideas and thought , ....

Rib , jij komt toch ook hé ?

have a nice day
Old June 11, 2003, 12:41   #74
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

We could hire a bungalow, so if the weather is bad, we put the BBQ on the terras.

It should set of the money spend on drinks and food in cafe's and such
Old June 11, 2003, 12:42   #75
Ecthy
Emperor

alva

sounds like I'm obliged to attend. noone knows BBQ as well as I do
Old June 11, 2003, 12:46   #76
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by alva
We could hire a bungalow, so if the weather is bad, we put the BBQ on the terras.

It should set of the money spend on drinks and food in cafe's and such
hi ,

, is there maybe something like a vacation park in the neighborhood , ....

or should we put our money together and hire a penthouse or so with a large terras , ....

have a nice day
Old June 12, 2003, 03:45   #77
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Panag: question: where do you live, exactly?
Old June 12, 2003, 03:57   #78
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

BFM , check your PM's , ...

have a nice day
Old June 12, 2003, 04:26   #79
Ribannah
Queen

An update.

Without warning, my possibility to send private mail at CivFanatics has also been disabled. This happened minutes after I sent absolute proof of my innocence in one particular case that had been stressed (I still had a save at that point) to a friend who was questioning Cracker. My friend never received the mail.

And now, Cracker has openly stated (like it is something to be proud of) that he has not only been monitoring my every PM, but also my normal e-mail!
Of course lying about the contents, but that is not the point.

Is someone allowed to see my e-mail, 99,99% of which is even unrelated to Civ, just because I am a member of a forum where he is a moderator?

Is this what the world is becoming??
Old June 12, 2003, 05:09   #80
BigFurryMonster
Emperor

How can he read your email? Does it go through the CivFan server or something?
Old June 12, 2003, 05:44   #81
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

since when do you need good weather for a bbq? best bbqs are held in snowstorms
Old June 12, 2003, 06:21   #82
Ribannah
Queen

Quote:
Good question, BFM.

If you know someone's e-mail address there are ways.

But it can just as well be bluff on Cracker's part - he has not backed up his statement by revealing any content, but then again, he never backs up any of his statements.
Old June 13, 2003, 15:10   #83
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

hi ,

yep , and it aint the first time , ......

Rib , just leave them , come over to apolyton full time , ...

panag offers Rib a welcome cake

trek het u niet aan meid , ..... ze zijn het echt niet waard die bende zeikers , .....

have a nice day
Old August 1, 2003, 05:02   #84
Major Guz
Warlord

Hi guys,

I'm sorry I did not check my PM's earlier (i am graduating at the UT in Enschede and very busy with that).

I think it is a wonderful idea to meet each other in person. Kudos to Locutus!

About the location:
Maybe a more centralized city like Utrecht (or something)would be nice for everyone. I don't now if it takes much from the time in the train, but for our Belgian friends it would. (for me as well, but that would be very selfish to openly admit it ). But Amsterdam is fine as well.

I am available from the 24th of august (my graduation is on thursday 21st and after that I will be druk for a couple of days and before I am too busy with reports and stuff).

Hope hearing something soon!
Old August 11, 2003, 05:57   #85
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

*bump*

(Not as big a bump as I thought it would be, thanks to Major Guz )

Zop and I just came back from the London Meet and are eager for the next one (well, I am anyway)

Since we've had the fewest cancellations for September 6th, I think we can safely set the meeting for that date (Sorry BFM, can't make everyone happy ).

For location, I think we should stick to Amsterdam: several non-Dutch people have indicated (here or elsewhere) that they'd like to visit Amsterdam sometime anyway, and that this would be a good excuse. It's true that other places would be more central, but the most central place would probably be Den Bosch or Gorinchem -- and surely noone wants to meet in either of those? (Although Den Bosch isn't too bad...) And I could be wrong, but I think that Amsterdam is much easier to reach from Belgium (read: Belgium west of Antwerp and Brussels) than Utrecht, at least by train.

Does anyone know a specific place (bar/pub/whatever) in Amsterdam that would be suitable for a Meet like this?

So, with the time and place set and less than a month away, how certain is it that everyone will come? I for one will certainly be there.

Edit: this list is no longer up to date. Check the last page of the thread (counting at 50 posts per page) or the very first post.

(All but) certain to come
Locutus
Zopperoni
panag
Tarquinius
Hueij

Might be coming
Mercator
germanos
Major Guz

(All but) certain NOT to come
BigFurryMonster
Mark123jansen
Maniac
S. Kroeze
Paul
pacman

Unknown
alva
Ribannah
Provost Harrison
Ecthelion
Bas
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Panzer
Lemmy
Saint Marcus
Franses
CapTVK
DeepO
Aidun
georges bonbon
CyberShy
(Anyone else who wants to come)

Last edited by Locutus; August 12, 2003 at 17:39.
Old August 11, 2003, 06:01   #86
Zopperoni
Age of Nations TeamApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

I'm sure I can show up.
Old August 11, 2003, 07:42   #87
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

I don't know yet...

On the other hand (Hueij), it's becoming more and more probable that I'm going to Lowlands. But considering I still don't have a job (stupid, lazy me), that would mean I will be flat broke after that.
Old August 11, 2003, 09:13   #88
Locutus
Deity

Merc,
Well, if we meet in some bar or whatever in Amsterdam, the Meet shouldn't have to cost you anything

Because it's been a while since I sent out the original PM to all prominent Dutch/Belgian posters, it seemed like a good idea to reevaluate the list. And I've found another dozen or so people who (now) qualify as prominent Dutch/Belgian posters and have sent them a PM as well.

If anyone knows any other posters who might be interested in this thread, please contact them or let me know so I can contact them:

Allard HS
atawa
Lucilla
Be Quicker
Mattaba
BobD
Ivellios
Nacht
Ctulu
pacman
Rand Al'Tor
Tarquinius
Maniac
Colon
(dannubis > doesn't allow PMs/emails to be sent to him, so I couldn't contact him; but if anyone knows how to contact him...)
Old August 11, 2003, 10:58   #89
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Since I received a second PM on this matter, I guess I'll respond. Unfortunately I can't attend such a meeting for several reasons: I will be terribly busy the beginning of September, I only know few Dutch posters more or less (Lemmy, DBTS, S. Kroeze), and I don't have a clue how I could get in Amsterdam anyway. Perhaps in a few years I might come though. But in any case; thanks for asking.
Old August 11, 2003, 12:14   #90
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

almost certain to be there

send a PM to ALVA also Mr Borg

have a nice day