Old May 29, 2003, 12:39   #1
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 21:37
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Techwhore Deal
We now have a excellent opportunity to techwhore either polytheism or mathmatics. We can buy poly from egypt for wm,14gpt,117g. or we can buy mathmatics for wm,5gpt,108.
I suggets we get poly and here is why. It is simply worth more and with it we are guarenteed I believe to be able to get return from other civs. We can sell it to Koreans,English,Spain and Irioquis for math,writing, and 2 workers probably + gold. I am unsure of the specific amounts but since poly is more expensive than either of these it is a good bet. That would bring the "cost of each tech down to about 80g. A true bargain. With
math we can build some catapilts for the war and thus make our arches go further. We can also sell our map to germant for about 26 I believe. I have a chart of what all have, unfortunately it is written and not in file form.
Aggie
Old May 29, 2003, 12:51   #2
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 22:37
What will that leave our finances in for the war?

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old May 29, 2003, 13:06   #3
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

The best I can figure is that we will have around 65g and 5gpt after we do the trade. Also the workers can develop land to get the gpt up. Also the only place to spend money right now is in upgrades until we get monarchy, so that amount should be sufficient to upgrade 2 warriors once we take the iron city. Also we can make up the gold by selling our tm every turn for 1g to each civ that has mapmaking. currently that is 4/5 countries.
Aggie
Old May 29, 2003, 13:07   #4
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Sounds like a plan.

--Con
Old May 30, 2003, 14:36   #5
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Old May 30, 2003, 16:27   #6
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 20:37
Go for it.
Old May 30, 2003, 18:15   #7
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

I'm going to do the techwhore now; I'll be reporting the results in #civ3dem (on Apolyton's IRC server) if anyone is interested.
Old May 30, 2003, 18:59   #8
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Log for 1350 BC trading session:

Sold World Map, 117 gold, and 14 gpt to Egypt for Polytheism.
Sold Polytheism to Korea for 1 worker, Writing, and 38 gold
Sold Polytheism to Spain for Mathematics and 6 gold
Sold WM to Germany for 19 gold
Sold Mathematics to England for 1 worker and 39 gold

So, this techwhore has gained us Polytheism, Mathematics, Writing, and 2 slaves; we lost 34 gold and 14 gpt (14 gpt is 280 gold, so we lost 314 gold total). We also gained 19 gold from a trade with Germany (they and Egypt were the two Map Making civs we hadn't traded our map to yet).

Edit: Save uploaded here in the Turnchat #8 thread.

Last edited by Kloreep; May 30, 2003 at 19:15.
Old May 30, 2003, 20:08   #9
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:37
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Wow... not too shabby, especially with Writing and Mathematics for Catapults...

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old May 31, 2003, 16:18   #10
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:37
Keep on techwhoring ... it's our greatest assest for competing with the AI at this level.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old May 31, 2003, 19:51   #11
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Nicely done!
Old June 2, 2003, 12:44   #12
GodKing
Emperor

Good Job.

--Con
Old June 2, 2003, 13:54   #13
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 04:37
Local Date: November 2, 2010
hi ,

Kloreep , dont leave us till the end of the game , great job , .....

so , any future plans

have a nice day
Old June 2, 2003, 17:12   #14
Kloreep
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
Kloreep , dont leave us till the end of the game , great job , .....
Thanks, but it was aggie's plan; I just carried it out.

Quote:
so , any future plans
Not really. Hopefully Japan will get enough money to make it worth selling Alphabet to them, but I don't think buying Map Making is viable right now.