Old May 29, 2003, 13:06   #1
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 22:37
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Turnchat #8, first chat of 2nd term, ministers please read and post
I am proposing to host a chat on 6/3 at about 6pm EST. That I believe works out to about 11pm London Time, or about 8 AM on the 4th Sydney time. I can only stay for a max of 3 hours (I have to leave at 9pm unless my schedule changes between now and then).

Chat will be held on undernet, at the #civ3dem room. (Poly chat will cause my home computer to crash if I use it with Civ - so sorry MarkG, but for my chats I will stick with Undernet for now.)

I may be a bit late (rush hour traffic driving).

Will all ministers (once the elections are done) please post their availability for this chat here along with their orders.

I will top this once I get the powers. Otherwise, if MWIA sees this.....

Will the DM please open the save, make any work force changes and queue changes, and then repost the save in this thread. Remember, do not move any units and so forth.

Also, what version of PtW are we playing? I think it is the unpatched version and if so I will have to re-install. I have no problems with this, Just need to know so I can do this correct.

I am proposing another chat for saturday the 7th. Unless the VP (or VP's) can do one between times. We will discuss viable times for the weekend chats at this first chat, or feel free to post here if you cannot attend.

Thanks, and hope to see you there.

GK - Pres elect

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old May 29, 2003, 14:43   #2
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 21:37
I can be at the 6/3 chat for an hour and a half; after that, I'll have to leave. I'm in a tennis tournament on saturday, so I doubt I'll make that one, especially if it's not in the evening; it all depends on how I do.

We're playing with 1.14f, the second-to-last patch so far. (I think the next patch is supposed to be worldwide, so hopefully we can upgrade to that when it comes out. )

Also, can I carry out Aggie's techwhore deal before the next chat?
Old May 29, 2003, 15:35   #3
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Kloreep,

Hi. Thanks for the info. I thought it was 1.14 but figured I would ask and make sure. Go ahead and do Aggie’s tech whore deal (you are FAM), but make sure that you do not cross post with the DM. If you choose to do this, make sure you write up a detailed report of the trades you made. Do not move any units, end turn, so on and so forth.

--Con
Old May 29, 2003, 17:51   #4
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

All right. I'll probably do it tomorrow... too busy today to give it the time it deserves.
Old May 29, 2003, 18:19   #5
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 18:37
Re: Turnchat #8, first chat of 2nd term, ministers please read and post
Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
I am proposing to host a chat on 6/3 at about 6pm EST. That I believe works out to about 11pm London Time, or about 8 AM on the 4th Sydney time. I can only stay for a max of 3 hours (I have to leave at 9pm unless my schedule changes between now and then).

Chat will be held on undernet, at the #civ3dem room. (Poly chat will cause my home computer to crash if I use it with Civ - so sorry MarkG, but for my chats I will stick with Undernet for now.)

I may be a bit late (rush hour traffic driving).

Will all ministers (once the elections are done) please post their availability for this chat here along with their orders.

Will the DM please open the save, make any work force changes and queue changes, and then repost the save in this thread. Remember, do not move any units and so forth.

Also, what version of PtW are we playing? I think it is the unpatched version and if so I will have to re-install. I have no problems with this, Just need to know so I can do this correct.

I am proposing another chat for saturday the 7th. Unless the VP (or VP's) can do one between times. We will discuss viable times for the weekend chats at this first chat, or feel free to post here if you cannot attend.

Thanks, and hope to see you there.

GK - Pres elect
A agree that the Java Script chat sucks balls. You know that you can connect to Apolyton's IRC server via mIRC right?

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old May 30, 2003, 05:03   #6
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:37
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Ack. 1 AM again. Please hold the weekend chats at times Europeans can make it...!
Old May 30, 2003, 08:37   #7
GodKing
Emperor

I know that you are supposed to be able to connect to apolyton with mIRC, and at work I can. But at home I can never get the connection to work, and using the Java causes problems galor when you run Civ at the same time.

It is my intention to hold the weekend chats at earlier times so other people can join in.

--Con
Old May 30, 2003, 09:51   #8
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:37
Re: Turnchat #8, first chat of 2nd term, ministers please read and post
Quote:

You want the spellZ eh?

/me looks glum

I'll miss them. just let me know when you want them. I guess I'll have to PM MarkG....

/me shuffles his feet

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old May 30, 2003, 13:11   #9
GodKing
Emperor

I already PM'ed MarkG. Go ahead and PM him yourself. If he is willing, I have no objection to you also having the POWER.

Thanks.

--Con
Old May 30, 2003, 19:13   #10
Kloreep
Emperor

New 1350 save with FAM trades.

Note that I left research at Monarchy. We should probably research Monarchy, Construction, or Currency as our next tech, as they are the three most expensive (all three were still 40 turns when I tried turning the slider to 100%). Also, the DM has two new slaves to use; they need orders this turn.
Attached Files:
Old May 30, 2003, 20:14   #11
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:37
Quote:
I already PM'ed MarkG. Go ahead and PM him yourself. If he is willing, I have no objection to you also having the POWER.

Thanks.
I may ask that, as otherwise I might lose the spellZ for the ISDG forum, where I am still ( ) Consul.

I will also PM DanQ, as MarkG said he is off in the Greek equivalent of the territorials, so he may be a little more scarce right now.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old May 31, 2003, 19:56   #12
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

New DM here. I will be there on Tuesday. I will also look at the save before then and post the changes.

As to time - you mention 6pm est. Do you mean 6pm edt? Don't mean to be fussy but there is an hour difference. The east coast went from being gmt-5 to gmt-4 with edt.
Old June 2, 2003, 09:05   #13
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Term II SMC reporting for duty.

Today I will be looking over UberKruk's orders and all the military discussions from Term I. Then I will post some plans/ideas for discussion.
Old June 2, 2003, 11:54   #14
GodKing
Emperor

With all the daylight savings time stuff, I can never keep it streight. I am in Detroit, which is eastern time US. Same as Washington DC, New York, Boston, Miami and Atlanta. I know that right now there is a 5 hour difference with London (per my phone call with a friend), but what relationship London has with Greenwhich I do not know, but I think there is an hour difference, so I guess that would equal the gmt -4 time. Sorry for the confusion.

--Con
Old June 2, 2003, 14:03   #15
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 04:37
Quote:
With all the daylight savings time stuff, I can never keep it streight. I am in Detroit, which is eastern time US. Same as Washington DC, New York, Boston, Miami and Atlanta. I know that right now there is a 5 hour difference with London (per my phone call with a friend), but what relationship London has with Greenwhich I do not know, but I think there is an hour difference, so I guess that would equal the gmt -4 time. Sorry for the confusion.
hi ,

one answer > http://greenwichmeantime.com/

have a nice day
Old June 2, 2003, 17:53   #16
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

One problem: Apolyton's clock does not match daylight savings correctly.
Old June 2, 2003, 18:40   #17
GodKing
Emperor

test

--Con
Old June 2, 2003, 18:40   #18
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

BetaHound, it has come to my attention that the best next move we can make towards the Ottomans (if we want war or peace), is to settle by the iron and cattle.

There I suggest that we settle and connect a city there as soon as possible.
Old June 2, 2003, 18:45   #19
GodKing
Emperor

OK. It is telling me that the Test post I made above is at 18:40. That is matching my time (6:41 per my clock). BFM's post above the test says 17:53, and that makes sense. So, as I think I have two Vice Prez this term, I am appointing it their duty to make sure that everybody knows what time I am in and what time I am talking about

Chat should be at 18:00 tomarow, poly time, assuming I get out of work on time and get home in less than an hour (usually takes 40-50 minutes).

BFM, what time works well for you for chats? In poly time.

--Con
Old June 2, 2003, 21:09   #20
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 20:37
Co-Vice President Octavian X checking in. Assuming I remember that there's a chat on Wednesday, I should be able to attend.
Old June 2, 2003, 21:50   #21
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

OK. 18:00 edt time it is. That is 22:00gmt. Thanks to panag.

I have been reviewing and tinkering with the save. As I only have two moves for next turn - I am posting them here. I don't think it is worth posting the save for two moves.

I have all the future DM moves noted - and I will be there for the chat. Hope this is an OK approach. If not - please let me know.

The moves for 1350bc are to switch Asgard to settler (4 turns), and the two workers in Asgard (Korean and English - do you think they brought their own Earl Grey tea?) to move s-sw (keyboard 2-1) to the forest tile for future roading.

See you in the chat gentlemen.
Old June 2, 2003, 22:15   #22
Beta
lifer
Deity

Ooops - one more move. I promise not to get into the red wine before tomorrow evening's chat.

WF from s of bergen to w of bergen. Also - switch bergen production to settler - 4 turns. This is subject to debate. I would like to get the three cities as described in the Limited Ottoman War thread built asap. Comments?
Old June 3, 2003, 03:10   #23
BigFurryMonster
Emperor

Quote:
BFM, what time works well for you for chats? In poly time.
Let's see... ... this would work:

-7 California time: 13:00
-4 NewYork time: 16:00
0 GMT: 20:00
+2 Euro-time: 22:00
+3 Israel time: 23:00
+12 NZ time: 8:00

Sorry - I don't know the exact names of the time zones, nor do I know in what time zone Poly is, since its clock is wrong.

At least, it's daylight or evening at all our locations at this time!! or am I missing a location here?
Old June 3, 2003, 05:53   #24
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

some more info ;

http://swissinfo.net/cgi/worldtime/

www.worldtime.com

http://greenwichmeantime.com/ > they have a time converter that takes in account summer and winter time sub link > http://greenwichmeantime.com/local/

and other great think , its a map with time zones > http://www.hells-angels.dk/aarhus/time.htm

the map was found there > http://www.jgiesen.de/astro/astroJS/...e/worldmap.htm

and the best is always saved for the last > http://aa.usno.navy.mil/faq/docs/world_tzones.html

have a nice day
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	timezone.gif
Views:	67
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	46833  
Old June 3, 2003, 07:26   #25
Beta
lifer
Deity

panag.

I nominate you for Minister of Time.
Old June 3, 2003, 07:28   #26
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
Co-Vice President Octavian X checking in. Assuming I remember that there's a chat on Wednesday, I should be able to attend.
Octavian - the chat is Tuesday - not Wednesday.
Old June 3, 2003, 14:23   #27
GodKing
Emperor

I hereby appoint panag as Minister of Keeping the Pres. Correct in Time. I am in zone R on that map.

--Con
Old June 4, 2003, 19:05   #28
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

Sabra host's two games for now , in one there is a "turn system" day one ; vp from time zone 1 plays the orders , day two ; vp from timzone 2 plays the orders , ....

each play twice a week , thats 4 times ten turns in one week , ......

a similar system could be set up by us , .....

have a nice day

panag as time mister >