Old July 1, 2003, 19:18   #31
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 04:48
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Borc,
Honestly, from a diplomatic standpoint I'd say that this is the worst idea I've heard in months (no offense, just giving out constructive criticism). IMHO it makes your team come off as aggressors and the sort of people that send out threats.
Additionally, some people may actually want the game to go a little slower (to allow more time for diplomacy and planning, or alternatively to allow more time for RL). Surely you understand that you can't force other teams into embracing your views by sending out embargo threats.
I know this kind of criticism may be hard to receive from GS who is considered by many as the team with the "worst diplomacy", not to mention the team that is slowest on the counter. So I suggest that you accept is as a personal note from me. Besides, consider that in a few turns, your team might be violating the 24 hours rule left and right (I'm not saying that this should happen, or that this would, I'm only pointing out that you should not judge others until you find yourself in their shoes).

On a lighter note,
I will speak with Sirotnikov tomorrow about altering the PHP page to include another row for 24 hour rule violations, and when we're done adjusting the script (that is, assuming that Sirotnikov would be keen to cooperate ) I will update the counter.
Ciao!
- Phantom of the Opera
Old July 2, 2003, 01:39   #32
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 03:48
Quote:
Originally posted by Borc
i really think about starting a poll in Neu Deomogyptica to discuss if we should at least organize a trade and tech embargo against the "slowest team" ...
That is the point of view from consul Borc only, it is not an official statement of the Neu Demogytian gouvernment. I'm a consul too and i do not see the need for an embargo.

On the other hand. The slower the game the less people are interestet in it. There are a lot of people in ND that think that there is already too much outgame diplomacy. That is solely my point of view and it is in no way an official statement of the gouvernment of ND!
Old July 2, 2003, 02:01   #33
Borc
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Warlord

Local Time: 03:48
This time counter works great, Shiber! And I only wanted to start a [funny] discussion here how to use your counter. My idea to stop any diplomatics with the slowest team is only one of many possible ideas... and not an in-game threat, sorry!

Probably we only will build a cathedral now where we can pray (face to the east) that Allah will send us the next save

And of cause you are right, if you are at war you need more time so we never will declare war to the slowest team...
Old July 2, 2003, 06:29   #34
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Darekill
That is the point of view from consul Borc only, it is not an official statement of the Neu Demogytian gouvernment. I'm a consul too and i do not see the need for an embargo.
I understand.
I said what I said because I took Borc's statement seriously and considered the possibilities had ND ratified the poll that Borc said he wanted to post.
Borc: I apologize if I misunderstood the tone of your statement that I referred to.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old July 7, 2003, 05:52   #35
Shiber
Emperor

After a long period of inactivity, I've updated the counter, with ND in the lead and RP slightly behind in 2nd place.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old July 7, 2003, 07:16   #36
Shiber
Emperor

Okee, I've cancelled all the time penalties. I'll add a new row with icons for teams that have violated the 24 hours penalty as soon as I can find a nice bomb icon or something else that could represent a violation of the rule.
So far, I haven't had any luck. Can anyone suggest a suitable icon?
- Phantom of the Opera
Old July 8, 2003, 16:54   #37
Shiber
Emperor

Amazingly enough... my team won the fastest turn award for this turn.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old July 19, 2003, 22:05   #38
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 20:48
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
Amazingly enough... my team won the fastest turn award for this turn.
And who's running this counter again?
Old July 19, 2003, 23:36   #39
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 20:48
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Don't worry, Ghengis. I doubt he is biased. He gave GS more thumbs down than can be found at any large gladiator contest.
Old July 20, 2003, 03:22   #40
Shiber
Emperor

- Phantom of the Opera
Old July 23, 2003, 15:31   #41
Shiber
Emperor

If everyone keeps violating the 24 hours rule, I'll be near-unemployed pretty soon.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old July 29, 2003, 15:11   #42
Shiber
Emperor

Updating the time counter is a sisyphian work, and it's hardly rewarding anymore. Nowadays it feels like some menial job.
I'm going to stop updating it. If you want to take charge, you're more than welcome.
- Phantom of the Opera