View Poll Results: What should the worker in Logic Loop be working?
Monolith (2:2:2) 0 0%
Nutrient (4:1:0) 6 100.00%
Minerals (2:3:0) 0 0%
Write-in 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 1, 2003, 18:17   #1
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 02:50
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Logic Loop Worker Placement
Here is a map of Logic Loop. Should we change the worker? If so, what to?

You have 2 days.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Last edited by Drogue; June 1, 2003 at 18:30.
Old June 1, 2003, 19:09   #2
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 21:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I vote we stay on the nutrients, then switch to the monolith and energy when we get growth. We get the CP in 9 turns and 2 energy collected by then. If we switch to the monolith right away, we still get the CP in 9 turns, get 2 energy collected if we put the extra in the energy square. For nuts, though we get 8 if we go for this plan, but only 5 if we go for the monolith and then energy square. Thus, we get 1 less energy (which would go into labs and make little difference), and 3 more nuts, which would give us a turn advantage. Of course, if one switches to the nutrients instead of the energy, one gets 8 nuts as well, but gets 2 less energy.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old June 2, 2003, 08:56   #3
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 23:50
we'll need to send a scout back to the base though for police. keep in mind on transcend the 2nd citizen is a drone.
Old June 2, 2003, 10:21   #4
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 04:50
We still have to wait five years. There's no hurry.
Old June 2, 2003, 10:52   #5
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 23:50
i know, just saying that all these plans for worker manipulation could be foiled if we dont send the scout back in time
Old June 2, 2003, 15:14   #6
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

TKG: It has a scout, however I sent it out for a couple of turns to pop the pod where the monolith is. It will be back in next turn (or maybe the one after) so will not be a problem.

Also, I am expecting us to change to building a former instead of the CP. I will poll of course, but we will get Cent. Eco. in but a few turns. I vote nutrients, as we can grow now, then change to former, so we don't waste as many (if any) minerals.

Old June 2, 2003, 21:33   #7
Corellion
Prince

Wow, it appears pretty unanimous.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
Old June 3, 2003, 06:51   #8
Drogue
staff

Which is nice Makes my job easy

Old June 10, 2003, 21:44   #9
Corellion
Prince

Now may be a good time to switch to either the monolith or the minerals. There is no difference in growth time and we get faster production (and more energy if we go for the monolith).
Old June 18, 2003, 20:22   #10
Corellion
Prince

Alright, either this worker is very contenscious, or I'm obsessed with him/her. If we switch to working the minerals and the monolith, then we can complete the WP or HGP (whichever it is at the time) in 30 turns (it will probably improve with that former we just built). In addition, this has a very appealing added bonus. Doing so will speed up our research rate by a fuse-blowing 2 turns, dropping from 6 turns until Biogenetics to 4 turns until Biogenetics. This seems to be a good option, to me.

In the interests of impartiatlity, the growth rate would almost half from 6 turns to 11 turns.

I'll leave the creation of the two build order polls and the colony pod location poll to either Drogue or Maniac.

Last edited by Corellion; June 18, 2003 at 21:34.
Old June 19, 2003, 07:46   #11
Drogue
staff

Can Maniac do it? My screenshots are not exactly the most accurate

Also, we won't get an SP in 30 turns. IMHO they will both be built by then, although if we go for it, theres the WP, HGP and VR up for grabs, we could pick up one. However I would favour building it in AP. LL is a option though. Anyone have anything to add before polling?