Old June 3, 2003, 21:42   #1
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 22:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Chat 9
Chat 9 is scheduled for this saturday. Time to be determined by those who post here and request. I am leaning towards early afternoon my time to make it so that the euros can go to bed early and MWIA isn't up to early on sunday so he can join us.

Ministers, please post orders here as well.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old June 3, 2003, 21:56   #2
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

I'm okay with anytime Saturday, but preference would be afternoon or morning, EDT (GMT-4).

SMC Orders

Odin and Thor do not have orders as they have to react to discovered terrain and unit movements as best they can to maximize our WM for trade.

DM requests:

Units: Build Spearmen
We have archers and warriors in our cities that we can free up for battle if we build more spearmen. We also need more spearmen for defense of offensive stacks and eventually worker protection.

Roads:
1) Road to Iron city
2) Road to new eastern city
3) Extend a road towards Aydin? Will expedite attack once warrior upgrades are complete.

Turn 1 (1225BC):

DM requests:

Eastern Settler/Spear - E

Western Settler - W
Lone Archer - Fortify
Stack - Fortify

Turn 2 (1200BC):

Eastern Settler - build city

Western Settler - build city
Stack (6 archers, 2 spear) - NW, W
(I considered NW, NW onto forest, but being on the road will be helpful once we take the city, giving us a jumpstart to wherever we go next.)
Lone archer - W (into Iron City), Fortify

Turn 3 (1175BC):

Lone Archer - Fortify in Iron city
Stack attacks Erdine!

Now it gets fuzzy. Depends on how many units end up attacking Erdine, what additional incoming reserves we see for the Ottomans, etc.

Worst case scenario: It takes all we've got to take Erdine. Fortify all units in city and wait for our reserves (upgraded warriors)

Best case scenario: We take the city with 2 archers (I expect 2 spearmen defending). We leave those archers to heal with a spearman to defend, and use the road south of the city to hop the remaining forces quickly across the river, onto the hill - heading for Uskudar on the hills.

Side story: Aydin. We move veteran warriors to Bergen or Kobenhavn, and after the road to the iron city is finished, we upgrade them to swords and march on Aydin. The spearman in Warrior's Luck could be pulled into duty for this as well.

Once we have those three cities, make peace and hopefully get techs. Build temples in Erdine and Uskudar asap. We can defend Uskudar on the hills/mountains outside the city. They have to cross a river to attack Erdine, so it's harder for them to capture it, but we'll need to garrison it well.

Okay, comments please.

Last edited by Hot Mustard; June 5, 2003 at 11:59.
Old June 3, 2003, 22:00   #3
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I am hoping around 10, but the state of the war with the Ottomans will determine what we do. We might get a GL! that would be a game stopper, so could a number of other things. As you will be there and as you are SMC, I think that you only need a couple of items for the beginning 3-4 turns, and a general game plan for the actuall attack. I would (and I know other people would also) like to see just what the plan of attack is (which we all know will never survive contact with the enemy....)

Thanks for being at this last chat - even though we only got 5 turns done, I think it worked out well for all of us having new positions.

--Con
Old June 3, 2003, 22:58   #4
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Sorry GK - still stuck in Oz and using Uni computers where I can't install mIRC, so I can't get there. Don't worry about me at all for times for the next week and a half.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old June 3, 2003, 23:12   #5
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 21:57
I might be there (I was thinking of another week when I posted in the previous turnchat thread ) depending on the time; morning or afternoon would work best for me, evening wouldn't be possible.

Also, if you're reading this Aggie, please check your PMs!
Old June 4, 2003, 00:37   #6
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 20:57
I'd go for 11 PM (est), but that's just because it works better, considering my dial up situation.
Old June 4, 2003, 07:10   #7
theViking
Civilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 12:57
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Sorry GK - still stuck in Oz
I will try to be in the chat if I am up that early as I am livinig in Oz-Melbourne (the world most livable city).

Old June 4, 2003, 07:24   #8
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:57
Well I'm in Sydney. I think I have a right to complain.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old June 5, 2003, 12:00   #9
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

^bump^ SMC Orders entered above. Please read and comment.
Old June 5, 2003, 12:36   #10
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

I hope to attend Saturday. EARLY morning would work best for me as always, but there is no way for that to happen (I don't see GK waking himself at 5 AM for me (that coffee club chat I held sure was fun, though ). Anything before 10:00 Est would be OK, 1200-1400 EST would be possible, after 1600 EST will be touchy as Ill likely be hitting the town with my family, most likely taking the kids to the new Disney movie...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old June 5, 2003, 13:48   #11
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:57
I may be able to drop in but won't be able to stay more than a few mins due to work commitments.
Old June 6, 2003, 01:02   #12
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

I can be there for the first two hours, possibly longer.

FAM deputies (BTW, Aggie is now a deputy as well): please post (or PM) whether you can be at the chat by two hours in; if it continues past then, I'll need a replacement.
Old June 6, 2003, 10:55   #13
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I can be there anytime Saturday.
Aggie
Old June 6, 2003, 12:09   #14
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

So, is there any word on when this thing will be?
Old June 6, 2003, 14:51   #15
GodKing
Emperor

Crap.... my post didn't show up from last night.

Sorry. It was at 4pm my time.

Give me a bit and I will dig up the conversion times.

--Con
Old June 6, 2003, 14:57   #16
GodKing
Emperor

OK. Call me an idiot. I found my post, in the wrong thread. Here it is.

Quote:
-7 California time: 13:00
-4 NewYork time: 16:00
0 GMT: 20:00
+2 Euro-time: 22:00
+3 Israel time: 23:00
+12 NZ time: 8:00

Sorry, BFM suggested this time for the Saturday chat, and it works for me OK, but I am sorry that I didn't post it and confirm it earlier. So far, I have not seen anything else that would change that time - so lets stick with it.

Hope to see a lot of you there.

Oh Ya, OctavianX or OPD, my trusted VP's, will you please look at doing a mid week chat next week sometime. I will be unable to do so until the following weekend and I hate to see the game sit for a whole week with nothing going on. I know that OPD probably cannot do one due to his work schedule, so I guess I am looking at you OctavianX.

Thanks.

Prez GK

ps - dexters, the SMC names each unit, so you might want to ask dijon..... and if I were you, i would hope that he doesn't die in the counter attack if he does get your name, otherwise it will make for a bloody edition of the Viking Harold.

--Con
Old June 6, 2003, 16:59   #17
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

DM here. I will be there. Will get my orders together. Sorry for the delay - but I keep having this bad dream of me being somthing called a Voxian and hordes of these soldiers in blue keep coming at me.
Old June 6, 2003, 17:05   #18
GodKing
Emperor

Voxian....
Blue soldiers...
Must be horrible. Here, take this cup of mead, and if after 15 of these it doesn't cure your problem, just start banging your head against that wall over thear, or, better yet, go out and kill some something. I know that always helped every Viking I know.

--Con
Old June 6, 2003, 19:35   #19
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound
DM here. I will be there. Will get my orders together. Sorry for the delay - but I keep having this bad dream of me being somthing called a Voxian and hordes of these soldiers in blue keep coming at me.
I knew a few guys who had a similar sort of problem a while ago just with a different colour. That went away after a while though.
Old June 6, 2003, 19:35   #20
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 04:57
hi ,

, since the euro's almost always have to have funny hours , why not ones make one around 8 pm euro time ( gmt +1 ) , .......

lets hope the chat is at apolyton , .....

have a nice day
Old June 7, 2003, 06:38   #21
theViking
Civilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 12:57
Where will the chat be.
Old June 7, 2003, 09:20   #22
OPD
King

Quote:
Originally posted by theViking
Where will the chat be.
see this thread. But remember it's undernet not dalnet.
Old June 7, 2003, 11:42   #23
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

DM's orders:

(I acknowledge the requets of the SMC as listed above.)

Turn 1 (1225bc)

Worker n of Bergen moves to tile w-w of Bergen (where the settler currently is).

Change Asgard's production to spear.

Change Bergen's production to spear.

Trondheim wf from 2 to 7.

Warrior's Luck scientist to wf on tile 3.

Move science slider to 10%.

(this gets us units faster out of Warrior's Luck, alllows the city to start growing, gets us Monarchy in the same time, and costs us 1 extra gold per turn. With more tile improvements around WL, this would be break even.)

Turn 2 (1200 bc)

Workers (there should also be a Babylonian worker there) w-w of Bergen commence roading.

Kobenhavn production to spear,

(Question for team and Dejon- do we want to produce more warriors before we obtain iron. We can produce warriors for 10 shield fairly quickly - and then spean 40 gold to upgrade them. We currently have 4 warriors and some 120 gold. But we could leave them in the inner cities until we have the cash to upgrade. Once we connect the iron, you cannot change a build queue to warrior.)

Build city in the east. WF to 7. Production to walls. (my recommendation - what does the team think.)

Build city in west. WF to 2 (cows) Production to ??? Barracks? Walls?

Turn 3 (1175bc)

Trondheim production to settler.

Two workers near Kobenhavn to the woods tile w of the new city. They start roading next turn.

Workers south of Bergen to nw-nw of Kobenhavn. Commence roading next turn.

Turn 4 (1150bc)

Warrior's Luck wf from 3 to 1.

There will be other moves - but that is as farin advance as I want to plan for now.

See you there.