Old June 4, 2003, 06:39   #1
zeit
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 03:58
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The Tales of Benthor, part 1
A true war-story, of a GS soldier.

410 BC

For whoever gets to read this.

My name is Benthor, Corporal Benthor of Gathering Storm's army's 112nd heavy infantry battalion. And I'm not in Monsoon anymore.

Major Stromhammer said to us the other day that we embarked on a journey to change the face of history, to drive out the darkness that has taken over our land, to fight off the enemy in his territory...

The rest was the same babbling, and I wasn't listening. I knew exactly what this meant, and so were many of my friends in the company- we're going there first, probably without cover for quite a while. We were briefed and drilled tens of times in the last couple of months, but the Voxian grasslands just didn't look like the training grounds back in the Desert of Tears, and the hardships of spending days with full armor on a boat at the mercies of the great sea was not particularly rewarding.

It's not about the sailors- heck, they're this world's finest, and you'd be suprised what they can do with some jerky and dried vegetables... But the sea is the sea.

We've heard the stories about the Voxian army- their troops are highly disciplined, and are ready to follow orders even in the most desperate situations. With my own eyes I've seen them being pounded by our artillery, only to keep on moving deeper into our territory. I almost felt sorry for some of them, until I saw our boys who survived the carnage. No one really wants to talk about it, but it was soon known to all that the battered remains of two Voxian platoons eliminated a couple of ours, after which they succumbed to our superior forces.

We heard other stories of glorious victories against unprotected Immortals down at the Spinebreakers Valley, but we are no cavalry, with only our feet to use for charging, and no chance of running away if something goes wrong.

So much for Stromhammer inspiring speech.

But I do have trust in myself, my pike and my friends, to carry me through this day, and perhaps the one to follow. We're here at the designated hill, codenamed Inchon, and we're about to make history.

Wish me luck

Cheers
Benthor.
Old June 4, 2003, 11:15   #2
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 22:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Stormian High Command salutes the bravery of Benthor and our other soldiers taking part in the Inchon and Inchoff operations. May the (RN) gods be with them.

-Arrian, Co-General of the Armies of the Gathering Storm

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.