Old June 5, 2003, 01:05   #1
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 13:03
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The state of democracy in Karakas
. . . looks bad. The President has apparently disappeared, "stepped aside" as the official press release goes. General Brian Adams, head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, unilaterally stated that he would step in as Acting President. His first action was to cancel the emergency meeting of the Assembly, declaring that "the current situation is a military one and the military will deal with it".

None of Karakas' news networks such as Southern News or the Voice of the Sunrise have been threatened or censored yet. More news as it comes in.

Spoiler:
NationStates ranks Karakas as a Corrupt Dictatorship, hence . . . I didn't even realize it was happening.
Old June 5, 2003, 04:08   #2
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

General Adams has declared a name change. He is now the leader of the Commonwealth of Karakas. He is quoted as saying

Quote:
Republicanism is dead!
Old June 5, 2003, 04:29   #3
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

The Confederacy of New Griffith along with the Unified Sheepstan Republics recognise the new government.
Old June 5, 2003, 22:17   #4
Mr. President
Emperor

More dictats from General Adams.

The highway to New Griffith has been re-opened and air patrols on the border scaled down. Additionally, the General has reportedly directed his diplomatic staff to re-open ambassadorial relations with the Unified Sheepstan Republics.
Old June 6, 2003, 03:59   #5
Mr. President
Emperor

The military government continued cleaning house, announcing that it would be reviewing the performance of several members of the Assembly. It has also declared a freeze on oil exploration in the Gulf of Balar, stating that it will grant preference to non-fossil fuel energy research.

General Adams announced that the Assembly would be allowed to meet after his reforms were complete. He stated that he has no intention of stepping down in the near future, but requires the Assembly's advice on governing Karakas.

Added by the Ministry of Information:

The General made no attempt to deny that he desires to re-open relations with Sheepsta. He said, however, that "Karakas will maintain its relationships with its traditional friends, including Alecrast, Centralis, Noosland, Dakmoristan, and all others."
Old June 8, 2003, 03:20   #6
Mr. President
Emperor

Governmental structure takes form
General Adams' inquiry into the Assembly has ended anticlimactically, with no members being dismissed. The General has published his vision for the new governmental structure.

In this vision, a Prime Minister will be chosen by popular election to deal with the day-to-day running of Karakas, and the Assembly will operate as before. Adams will resign from his position as Chief of Staff, but remain in the executive branch as "Senior Minister".