Old June 5, 2003, 05:15   #1
KWAiRT
Settler

Local Time: 03:03
Local Date: November 2, 2010
What a Waste of Time and Money
Being a big fan of the MOO series and well aware of the development that was taking place on MOO3 I was one of the first people to rush out and buy a copy I had pre-ordered. Only problem is I am still sitting here after all this time with a coaster to put my beer on.

The sheer amount of bugs in the game on release is an indication of just how unorganized the development process was on this game. Critical bugs such as the whole problem with bombing military targets and weapon systems not working... (I mean how could you miss some of these bugs??!?!) The list goes on forever. Yes the game technically works but overall there is no point playing until ALL the issues with current code are fixed. At this point I don't care about new features just fix the frickin ones already "IN" the game. Hell there are more we just can't verify them. Seriously does any of the game mechanics actually work as intended?

Listening to these developers talk about the patch is almost humorous. Even they don't know how to fix some elements of the code and Atari doesn't give a **** that part is obvious. Announcing plans for a second patch 6 months from now? I mean seriously give me a break. I can't take the game back and I am stuck with a defuct while technically working game. Contrary to what some would say I can't sit there playing a game knowing about all the problems and trying to work around them. There is just too many.

I am one of the people that actually didnt mind the graphics and menu system despite some of the tediousness those are easily overcome with dedication and passion for the game. However that fades quickly once you realize just how broken it really is.

With that said I am going to post this here on Apolyton which is a great site with dedicated fans. I would have slapped this up in the Atari forums but apparently they don't allow free email accounts like hotmail when signing up and I'll be damned if I am giving them my personal information to sell to some company. Also for the record I will never buy another game published or developed by Atari. They have nobody to blame but themselves not Quicksilver. I can't even imagine how horrible they were to work under.

Moo3 should have been developed as it was designed without all the major cuts and staff changes. If anything more people should have been brought in to work with team that was originally developing the title. Sure we have a code patch in the works but we already know it doesn't fix all of the problems and we already know the next patch is vaporware so WTF is the point? I paid full price for this damn game too and I can't take it back now can I? Truly pathetic...
KWAiRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2003, 18:13   #2
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Local Time: 03:03
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Well when I was programming on my first computer than ZX-81 with 16 K of memory that right 16 k of memony have to drop some things I want as to incluse then all would have taken up about 28 k of memony.
Old June 5, 2003, 18:35   #3
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 21:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The news is not sounding good.

'Uhmmm, we can't fix that thingie because nobody left here really has a clue how it works...'

Argggghhhhh!
notyoueither is offline   Reply With Quote