Old June 5, 2003, 23:37   #61
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 22:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by David Floyd
You sure there wasn't another reason in there somewhere?
Yes, that's it.

I'm still friends with her. We both watch friends and in the season finale of last season one Chandler jokes to Pheobe's boyfriend that the reason Pheobe broke up with her old boyfriend was because his penis was too big. Now me and her use that as a joke reason about why it didn't work out between us.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old June 6, 2003, 00:37   #62
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Imran:

How would your summer be if the Devils lose to the Ducks?

I sure hope things work out with your rent... I'd go the loan route, perhaps the bank can help you if all you need are 300 dollars, and you have a confirmed job next month.

Let us know how it works out. We're all pulling for you here.
Old June 6, 2003, 00:56   #63
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Apoc: By management do they mean Door to door sales? because it was the management pitch that got me in their door, and the second interview. But it was the reality of the job that had me hustling out the back door as fast as my legs could carry me.
Old June 6, 2003, 01:12   #64
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
Apoc: By management do they mean Door to door sales? because it was the management pitch that got me in their door, and the second interview. But it was the reality of the job that had me hustling out the back door as fast as my legs could carry me.
Nah, I'm getting this through a friend (if I choose to accept anyway). It's all legit (as legit as most businesses are anyway).
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old June 6, 2003, 01:51   #65
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Apolyton Grand Executioner

Local Time: 19:04
Re: My Horrible Summer (so far)
Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
So there is my crap summer... anyone else have a story to share?
My daughter's pseudo-boyfriend (he hasn't annoyed me yet, so he's still anatomically correct ) (actually, he's a nice kid, he's an exchange student in France) was driving up in LA when he was up there visiting his cousin a few days before the prom. The cousin was in the right front seat, and a drunk ran a red light and broadsided the car on the passenger side.

My daughter's pseudo-b/f took her to the prom with his arm in a cast, and then they had to leave early, when he got a family emergency call. The night of the prom, the docs treating his cousin determined that they couldn't save the leg, there was too much vascular damage and the leg wasn't responding to treatment, so they had to amputate his right leg at the hip.

Remember - if you can walk away from it, it ain't crap yet.
Old June 7, 2003, 13:20   #66
SuperSneak
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 19:04
Asher-- I can't believe the incredible irony of the surgery you're having.
I'd feel some measure of satisfaction and shout out a loud "I told you so!" but I feel for you pal, that can't be too much fun!

Just look on the bright side: now you'll be "normal" like most of us.
never neglectful, never indulgent.