Old June 5, 2003, 17:14   #1
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 22:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
code patch out June 6th
Code patch due out June 6th, afternoon (pacific time)

link

God I hope it salvages this game.
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2003, 17:25   #2
lockstep
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 04:05
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Seems you were faster.

Anyway, my favourite part of chantz' post is 'I want to assure all of you that Atari and QSI are committed to improving and enhancing MOO3 beyond this patch ...'

And yes, let's hope the AI can put up a fight now.
"As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW
lockstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2003, 17:36   #3
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by lockstep
Seems you were faster.

Anyway, my favourite part of chantz' post is 'I want to assure all of you that Atari and QSI are committed to improving and enhancing MOO3 beyond this patch ...'
Yes, but unfortunately it will be a year before the 2nd and final patch. And looking at another thread where QSI states whats not to be in the patch, I can only be cautiously optimistic about the state of the game tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally posted by lockstep
And yes, let's hope the AI can put up a fight now.
By far the most important question. Most of the other bugs I can live with, but it needs to first be a game.
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2003, 17:49   #4
lockstep
Apolyton University
King

Quote:
Originally posted by asleepathewheel
unfortunately it will be a year before the 2nd and final patch. And looking at another thread where QSI states whats not to be in the patch, I can only be cautiously optimistic about the state of the game tomorrow.
There's always the possibility of a second QS data patch (balancing tweaks, expanded encyclopedia etc.) that would not need to go through Atari's QA. Sort of an 'official mod'.

Anyway, if the code patch delivers, the next thing I'm waiting for is the improved manual (that was also promised long ago).
"As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW
Old June 5, 2003, 18:34   #5
Harry Seldon
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireNationStates
King

Local Time: 03:05
Will the code patch also incorporate the previously released data patch?
Harry Seldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2003, 18:37   #6
lockstep
Apolyton University
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Seldon
Will the code patch also incorporate the previously released data patch?
Yes.
Old June 6, 2003, 07:24   #7
Ozymandous
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by asleepathewheel

Yes, but unfortunately it will be a year before the 2nd and final patch. And looking at another thread where QSI states whats not to be in the patch, I can only be cautiously optimistic about the state of the game tomorrow.
It will be a year before the second patch? Syas who? Where did Chantz, Stephen or anyone else who officially represents the game say that? Last I heard this was the opinion of Tom H, who does not work for QS except as a contractor, and does NOT represent IG/Atari.

Quote:
By far the most important question. Most of the other bugs I can live with, but it needs to first be a game.
I agree. Once the AI can put up a fight, and even kick my butt on occasion, then everything esle can be fleshed out.
Ozymandous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6, 2003, 15:34   #8
ChristopherC
Warlord

Fileplanet says the code patch is not compatible with the data patch, most of us have already incorporated in the game. What does that mean? Can we continue to play the games on which we are currently embarked having incorporated the data patch?

Live long and prosper.
ChristopherC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6, 2003, 16:07   #9
Harry Seldon
GalCiv Apolyton EmpireNationStates
King

Someone told me that the data patch is included in the code patch. Maybe fileplanet is mistaken.
Harry Seldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6, 2003, 16:12   #10
ChristopherC
Warlord

Hopefully, they are, Harry. Thanks for you reply. I guess I am gonna have to wait for Apolyton to mirror the patch and also to give a good summary of it!

Apparently, you have to subscribe to Fileplanet to download it and I sure as hell can never download anything from Infrogrames!

Live long and prosper.
ChristopherC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2003, 03:44   #11
Vince278
King

The code patch is a BETA? Did I read the Atari/IG/QS/(whoever they are this week) announcement correctly? When will the code patch really be out? How will it differ from the beta?
Vince278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2003, 15:56   #12
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Vince278
The code patch is a BETA? Did I read the Atari/IG/QS/(whoever they are this week) announcement correctly? When will the code patch really be out? How will it differ from the beta?
Chantz's announcement of it being beta said this was hopefully only a testing term... apparently, they didn't quite finish regression testing (IIRC, that basically means checking all areas of the game, even those formerly without bugs, to make sure no bugs are present) in time. If no bugs are discovered over the next week, the difference will be in name only; if not, I guess there'll be an update.