Old June 6, 2003, 12:46   #1
burly
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 03:07
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Forum Profile Help
Sorry to post this in the CIV3 forum, but there's no place for help with Message Board functions.

How can I get a custom graphic in my profile. I can see the provided graphics in the profile modifier, but I see no place to provide a link to a picture I have on the web. How can I do this?

Thanks in Advance!
"These rocks, he thought, are here for me; waiting for the drill, the dynamite and my voice; waiting to be split, ripped, pounded, reborn; waiting for the shape my hands will give them". -Ayn Rand , The Fountainhead
burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6, 2003, 13:12   #2
Purple
Prince

Local Time: 22:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
You can't do it until you have posted 500 messages. That will give you time to create the perfect custom atavar.
Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6, 2003, 13:24   #3
burly
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

Well, I'm not much of a post-padder, so I guess I'll have to make due with the typical avatars. Too-bad, I've got a groovy little tiki-idol graphic that I use for some other Forums.

Thanks!
"These rocks, he thought, are here for me; waiting for the drill, the dynamite and my voice; waiting to be split, ripped, pounded, reborn; waiting for the shape my hands will give them". -Ayn Rand , The Fountainhead
Old June 6, 2003, 17:03   #4
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 05:07
Re: Forum Profile Help
Quote:
Originally posted by burly
Sorry to post this in the CIV3 forum, but there's no place for help with Message Board functions.
Yes, there is. Look abit closer, newbie.
Old June 9, 2003, 09:12   #5
burly
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

Asuka,
If you're referring to the Apolyton/Community forum, I was under the impression that it was for discussions regarding the community of the boards. I did see a few posts regarding functions, but more regarding the forums in general. There's no general help forum.

And Asuka, thanks for the WARM welcome
Old June 9, 2003, 09:31   #6
Rasbelin
Emperor

And what facts pointed towards that this forum would have been the right forum to post in then? None. Use some common sense.
Old June 9, 2003, 10:38   #7
burly
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

The fact that the forum title said "Help".

And if Apolyton wants to increase its membership, its members should use a little "common-sense" when helping out newbies.

BTW, if we keep arguing over nothing, I'll hit those 500 posts real quick!
Old June 9, 2003, 19:06   #8
Rasbelin
Emperor

The forum title says Civ3-Help and it's under the Civ III forum category. Now what conclusions can anyone make of that? 1. It's a Civ III related forum. 2 The forum is for Civ III help issues. Also you could pay attention to the FAQ section, which you can find an easy link to. Your arguement is vague, because the name Apolyton/Community clearly specifies it's a question for ACS related questions like your custom avatar question. Only an ignorant person doesn't realise it's the correct forum. If newbies would pay attention to the forum names and actually read the FAQ, the World would be a better place (well, at least on Poly).

IMO: this case is over.
Old June 9, 2003, 20:59   #9
burly
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

IMO, the world would be a better place if people like you would excuse the mistakes that people make from time to time. I can only assume that the title of "Newbie Sherriff" has been inadvertantly left off your profile.

I completely agree with you that I placed this thread in the wrong forum. Boy, ya got me there. But I knew that myself, and I even apologized for it in advance. I honestly didn't need any self-righteous "old-timer" to point out the mistake I already pointed out myself. I don't think you even care that I posted it in the wrong forum or whether or not I posted it in the right forum. You demonstrated that when you hurled insults instead of pointing me in the right direction. I think that you just felt the need to flex your "old-timer" status at a newbie. If that makes you feel good about yourself, well more power to you.

BTW, only an ignorant person doesn't know how to spell "realize". Use spell check before you throw around insults!
Old June 9, 2003, 21:02   #10
burly
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

On a side note, I'm an "Old-timer" at several other non-civ forums, and we always take great pains to make new members feel welcome.
Old June 9, 2003, 21:22   #11
Rasbelin
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by burly
BTW, only an ignorant person doesn't know how to spell "realize". Use spell check before you throw around insults!
Oh, indeed I have apparently made a small typo and written realise instead of realize. However you make a slip too by saying ya - if we start to look more closely on what you said. So you could suggest a spell check for yourself actually.

Conclusion: your nitpick is pointless in comparison to posting this thread in the wrong forum in the first place.

This is not a learn-by-doing fora. This is a learn-by-reading fora, which includes the good FAQ and using the search function. Newbies are welcome and we all are at one point newbies, but that doesn't yet mean you shouldn't pay attention, read the FAQ and search for information, which has most likely been posted previously.
Old June 10, 2003, 16:51   #12
Purple
Prince

Local Time: 22:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Keep this up and you'll have that custom atavar in no time!

Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10, 2003, 19:33   #13
burly
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

Yeah Purple. I'm surprised a Mod hasn't closed this thread yet. Or better yet, moved it to the "apropriate" location. I'm done with this, since I really do like this board and I don't think that this is the way I'd like to start things off.

So Asuka: no-blood, no-foul eh? See YA on the boards.
Old June 12, 2003, 10:29   #14
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Damn Ras, the guy made an honest mistake...

Point it out and be done with it, no need for the newbie stuff.
alva is offline   Reply With Quote