Old June 7, 2003, 17:08   #1
BandicootMan
Civilization III Democracy Game
Settler

Local Time: 03:11
Local Date: November 2, 2010
How do I get involved?
Hi

I'd like to get involved in a 'democracy game'. Not to give you my lifes story..but I've given up on MP for many reasons but am still interested in pursuing a game with the rest of the civ community. So how does this work? What do I need to do to join? Any ladders or excessive elitism?

I have a good computer, PTW and all the updates, as well as a high speed connection. So there shouldn't be any real trouble.

-Thanks
Old June 7, 2003, 17:15   #2
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 21:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Very good timing.

There is a new game forming which will emphasise fun, or so it seems. You should apply to those teams in their threads.

You are relatively new, but I hope you can find a team in the second game. The first game which is well under way is a bit on the secret side, but one or more teams may be willing to take you.
Old June 7, 2003, 17:17   #3
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 21:11
PS. There is also the SP democracy game in it's own forum. That one is completely open and is somewhat challenging (they are playing deity).
Old June 7, 2003, 18:19   #4
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:11
Hi there

Welcome to Apolyton

There are no ladder's to join, but you do have to join a team to play in either one of the 2 DG's. One is underway(PTWDG) and one is getting set-up(PTWDG II). Both of these are Play By Email Games(PBEM.) The Single Player Democracy Game(SPDG) is open to all member's of Apolyton to join, in that game we play a regular Single Player game against AI Civ's. In all three games the member's elect leaders and basically decide what do do among themselves. Each team has it's own rules and functions independently.

To join a team in the PTWDG you need to apply to a team by clicking on the 'civgroups' link here:
http://apolyton.net/forums/civgroups.php?s=

That will show you a listing of all teams and a link to apply for membership for that team. It is up to each team to admit new member's.

To join a team in the PTWDG II just find a thread with a name of the team you would like to join and state so in that thread that you would like to join that team and you will likely be accepted.

To join the SPDG go to this link:
http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisp...s=&forumid=154

That is the forum where all the players talk about what is going on. You must also use the 'civgroups' link to join that game, but all who join are accepted, no matter what. Join the "Civilization III Democracy Game." You will then get a little nifty icon next to your name that shows you belong to that team/game.

We are currently playing all of the games with patch 1.14f since the 1.21f is not available to the European players.

Have a look around, but most of all, remeber to have fun.
Old June 8, 2003, 18:15   #5
BandicootMan
Civilization III Democracy Game
Settler

Local Time: 03:11
Thanks for the info, you two! Can't wait!

More great is the fact that they are releasing 1.21f worldwide, next week. Gonna be great..
Old June 8, 2003, 19:05   #6
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:11
You are welcome.

I think the patch will have a fifferent number than 1.21f, but I could be wrong. nye would know though...
Old June 9, 2003, 08:29   #7
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 05:11
Quote:
Originally posted by BandicootMan
Thanks for the info, you two! Can't wait!

More great is the fact that they are releasing 1.21f worldwide, next week. Gonna be great..
hi ,

next week , source , .....

rumour control has it the end of the month , ..... ( the earliest )

have a nice day