Old June 8, 2003, 17:07   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 21:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Valhalla Herald Article Sign up for volume 3
Aiming for a release date of sometime between Wed and Fri (depends on how soon I can get it all done and how many participate)

Articles that are open for submitting:

2 cities founded
[edit]
Battle of Edrine - Nuclear Master
Battle of Uskudur - History Guy
[/edit]
Ottomans peace proposal
Anything fun you can think of: - GK and anyone else who wants.

OK, I want the 2 founded cities in one article and a seperate report for each of the battles on the cities we captured (will get names and details in here as soon as the official report goes up)

[edit]The hell with it. Some investigative reporting reveals these two battles and details.

Battle of Edrine: One archer took it, promoted to elite, still looking for numbers of Injured.

Battle of Uskudur: Archer stack took town, 2 promoted to elite, still looking for casualties[/edit]

Anyone feeling graphically inclined care to try a cartoon (or in the case of GF a 'page 2 girl')? Our regular artist is off on business...

Valhalla Herald guide to casualties

Each infantry unit in game consists of 1000 men.

Therefore, each hit point is considered # of wounded, if an elite archer/sword/spear/infantry/etc takes a town and loses 1 hit point, it is therefore known that 200 men were injured in the battle. If the Archer was Regular, it would have been 330 men injured. A unit lost counts as 1000 dead.

Wheeled, cavalry, and later mobile units will consist of 100.

So, an elite HORSE/Knight/cav/tank/etc taking one hitpoint damage would be considered to have had 20 horses injured, a reg horse, 33 etc. A unit lost would be considered as 100 destroyed.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; June 9, 2003 at 15:28.
Old June 8, 2003, 17:21   #2
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 20:13
I can do something on the peace proposal or the cities captured?
Old June 8, 2003, 17:23   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Thanks Nuclear Master.

Im still searching for the exact details, I have some more up there, as well as a casualty guide. Let me know which battle you prefer.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old June 8, 2003, 17:27   #4
Tassadar500
Emperor

I would prefere the battle of Edrine
Old June 9, 2003, 14:14   #5
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 23:13
I asked (assigned) dejon to write up a report on the battles for the paper. Hopefully he will.

I will attempt to finish up the things I am working on. Let me know if you need anything else. I probably will not be able to get anything to you prior to late on thursday / early friday.

GK

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old June 9, 2003, 15:09   #6
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

[Roleplay warning]
What's this?

Is the government attempting to take over my paper? Or you just attempting to assign away my position as well now?

I smell a strike comming!!!! (they are always fun)

I can see it now, wherever you go, each post, each chat, each move, there will be Valhalla Herald protesters following you with signs for the Freedom of the Press! And I KNOW you know I am capable of it!!!

You wish to compete, perhaps? Very well, free market and all. Ill crush your upstart paper just like I did The Apolytonian and the...well, there was another one there at the start of the first Demo Game, both are so far from memory the names escape me!

WHO's WITH ME!?!?!

Say no to government controlled newspaper!!!!
[/roleplay]

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; June 9, 2003 at 15:34.
Old June 9, 2003, 22:42   #7
Tassadar500
Emperor

Down with the government! Down with the government
Old June 9, 2003, 22:46   #8
Tassadar500
Emperor

Well I could always do a report on the peace or the cities founded
Old June 9, 2003, 23:06   #9
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 23:13

I had intended to submit that article, but when a newcomer volunteered to do the job, I didn't want to step on their toes, so I didn't say anything.

Instead, I will endeavour to create more news-worthy events for the Vikings in the future!

All I ask of Nuclear Master is that he read the chatlog to be sure he includes the funny names and bits around the event that make it so memorable for me already, and surely will for everyone who reads his article as well.
Old June 10, 2003, 10:38   #10
Tassadar500
Emperor

Thanks Dejon. I will surely put in everything in my article
Old June 12, 2003, 12:02   #11
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

OK guys.

Got a little side tracked with some PTWDG stuff and the setup of a new internal GoW PBEM (this one's going to be NASTY!!! Hidden nationality UU's of any nation not being played available to everyone...... yes, we have some fun on that team ), so...

Looks like Ill be posting this edition on Friday night/Saturday morning depending on where you are. Shooting for Saturday around 0500 GMT.

Ill need everything in by then. May post earlier if it's ready.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; June 12, 2003 at 13:08.
Old June 12, 2003, 18:57   #12
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

No to Government propaganda!!!

Yes to Ghengis brand propaganda.
Old June 13, 2003, 11:34   #13
Tassadar500
Emperor

I have the article ready. So just tell me when you want it.