Old June 10, 2003, 11:43   #1
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 23:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Chat #10 schedule
As I have not heard back from OctavianX as to whether or not he can do a mid week chat, I am going to schedule Chat #10 for this Sunday, June 15th.

Time – well, I am hoping that all the ministers can make this. It will be a coffee and bagel chat. 6:00 AM Eastern time.

Converting time into World times….

-7 Pacific Time: 3:00
-4 Eastern Time: 6:00
0 GMT: 10:00
+2 Euro Time: 12:00
+3 Israel Time: 13:00
+12 NZ Time: 22:00

I will not be available any other times during the weekend. Sorry. I will have to leave after 4 hours. I hope to be able to play more than 5 turns, lets plan on 10. I know that with the war on it is difficult to plan – so do as well as you can.

I may be able to adjust my schedule if the ministers cannot make this (it will be difficult to do so). However, to do so I will need to do so over the next 2 days, so please let me know now.

Please post orders below, with links to relevant threads as appropriate.

People, please feel free to comment on said orders as well.

Thanks all.

Prez GK

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old June 10, 2003, 15:03   #2
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 21:22
As it turns out, I can't do a mid week chat. My sister is having some friends over tomorrow, so I likely won't get anything done.

I'll probably be able to make this Sunday's chat, seeing as I'll likely still be awake...
Old June 10, 2003, 15:21   #3
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 22:22
It's unlikely I'll make that chat... not sure if I could drag myself out of bed at 5:00 even if I am free sunday. Calling all FAM deputies: Can you make this chat?
Old June 10, 2003, 16:53   #4
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

OK. If you cannot make it Kloreep (and 5 am is not the end of the world - just stay up all night ) hopefully a deputy will. Please post some good orders (minimum peace settlement allowable, standard map whore, etc.) as well as some NOT to do things if you have any. Thanks.

Hope to see you there OctavianX. Did you ever get my PM?

--Con
Old June 10, 2003, 18:13   #5
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 20:22
Where are we having the chat?
Old June 10, 2003, 19:46   #6
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

The DM will be there - in his slippers with his tea. Can't get much more domestic than that!!!

Will post orders prior to the chat.
Old June 10, 2003, 20:18   #7
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 15:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Master
Good question - can't immediately find you the answer.

GK?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old June 10, 2003, 20:56   #8
Tassadar500
Emperor

I think we should do it in the Apolyton chat. If we do it on IRC I will need some help because I cant get the Mozilla IRC working.
Old June 10, 2003, 22:02   #9
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Hope to see you there OctavianX. Did you ever get my PM?
I got one at the beginning of the term, that's it...
Old June 10, 2003, 22:23   #10
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

I should be able to make the chat no problem.

Nuclear Master, we've been using Undernet due to GodKing's problem's with 'poly's chat server. Download mIRC and see if you can get that working. It's much better than browser-based chat engines.

I had hoped to have orders up by now, but work has been busy this week so far, and there was no mid-week chat scheduled...

I'll try to have orders up sometime tomorrow for feedback.
Old June 10, 2003, 22:44   #11
Tassadar500
Emperor

But Dejon I cant download it because I have a Macintosh. mIRC Is only for PC's
Old June 11, 2003, 09:46   #12
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 05:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Master
hi ,

we should come back to apolyton

have a nice day
Old June 11, 2003, 15:59   #13
GodKing
Emperor

I would do poly, but then the prez will not be there as I cannot join the poly chat. I will stick with undernet, sorry.

--Con
Old June 11, 2003, 16:08   #14
GodKing
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X

I got one at the beginning of the term, that's it...
Hmmmm. OKay. I will use the return receipt and keep a copy funcion. You are not the first it has happened to in the past couple of weeks. Wonder if poly is acting up. No big deal, you didn't miss anything, just the request to see if you could do a chat this week. Hope to see you on sunday.

--Con
Old June 12, 2003, 03:15   #15
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
I would do poly, but then the prez will not be there as I cannot join the poly chat. I will stick with undernet, sorry.
hi ,

how come that you cant join , ......

have a nice day
Old June 12, 2003, 09:55   #16
GodKing
Emperor

For some reason, my computer at home will not connect to apolyton using mIRC. I can do it here at work, but not at home. Nobody has been able to figure it out. I know it is not the setup, as I am able to get it to work here. Anyways, that means that to join Apolyton chat at home, I have to use the Java Chat. Java chat is incompatable with Civ3. Using both at the same time causes my computer to lock up. So, in order to use mIRC, I need to use either Dalnet, Undernet or whatever net. As Undernet appears to be the least problemsome for most people, I choose to use that.

I am more than happy to look at alternatives, so if anybody comes up with any please post so we can look at and discuss.

--Con
Old June 13, 2003, 00:42   #17
Octavian X
King

Are you sure that the right parameters are being used?
server: apolyton.net (note lack irc prefix
port: 6667

If this doesn't work, try downloading a newer version of mIRC. Version 6.03 is the most recent.
Old June 13, 2003, 06:38   #18
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

I can't connect to Apoly using Mirc either, the only way I can access Apoly is via Java.
Old June 13, 2003, 22:42   #19
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

FYI, I have no problem with mIRC and Poly.

But undernet is OK by me. DM's orders will be up tomorrow am.
Old June 13, 2003, 22:56   #20
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
For some reason, my computer at home will not connect to apolyton using mIRC. I can do it here at work, but not at home. Nobody has been able to figure it out. I know it is not the setup, as I am able to get it to work here. Anyways, that means that to join Apolyton chat at home, I have to use the Java Chat. Java chat is incompatable with Civ3. Using both at the same time causes my computer to lock up. So, in order to use mIRC, I need to use either Dalnet, Undernet or whatever net. As Undernet appears to be the least problemsome for most people, I choose to use that.

I am more than happy to look at alternatives, so if anybody comes up with any please post so we can look at and discuss.
hi ,

try windows update to make sure you aint missing something , .....

what isp do you use by the way , .... , browser

there is a small windows problem , but it seems to work after reboot , just log on and go for the chat , you should have a small program that wants to install , click yes ( its really no harm at all ) and bingo , .....

check your browser security settings and your other security soft and hardware , some people had problems with that before , ....

have a nice day
Old June 13, 2003, 23:34   #21
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

I'm not sure if I'll be at the chat (depends on a tournament I start in saturday), and if I am able to come, I won't be able to post till saturday night. I've sent out PMs to my deputies, but I'm still waiting for replies from Nuclear Master and CiverDan. (Maybe poly ate their replies. ) If none of them can make it, I'm afraid I'm not sure what to do. I leave tomorrow morning, so I won't be logged in after this post for at least a day, and I likely won't make the chat. Sorry not to have anyone lined up... I should have started PMs sooner.

Here are my orders:

Keep looking at the world tech situation; keep an eye on the Ottomans, Celts, and Babylonians in particular. If the Ottomans somehow acquire tech, that's good try to get it in the peace deal; if the Celts get Philosophy, we're out of MM. If you see Babylon has gotten Code of Laws tech but not mathematics, try to trade with them! If Babylon gets enough money (35-40 gold), sell Mathematics to them, before the AI does. (AIs cut prices for other AIs quite a lot, so we'll need to sell outdated techs low if we want to sell at all.)

If AIs start marching through our territory, let them; our forces need to focus on the Ottomans, and we've already opened the door to several settler stacks anyway.

Ottoman peace treaty priorities:
#1 Philosophy (and any other techs, UNLESS it's a tech in a situation like MM where we can trade Philosophy for that tech with another civ)
#2 Aydin (if we aren't able to take it by force)
#3 Konya (will get us some map, as we don't know where this city is)
#4 Bursa
#5 Techs in the situation mentioned above (We can trade philosophy for them)
#6 Sinop
#7 Antalya (Izmit would be on the list, but I doubt the AI will give it up.)

DO NOT take Adana, unless everything else has been put on the table already. It is useless to us, and since it is useless to the Ottomans as well (unlike Antalya, which is close and in good terrain), we shouldn't prioritize it over anything else. If peace is signed and the chat is going to keep going, make a deal with the celts for Map Making immediately before ending the turn, and also with anyone else who can pay well for Philosophy (IOW, has an insane amount of gold for an AI or has a tech).
Old June 13, 2003, 23:45   #22
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

kloreep , both have posted , but have you checked "message tracking" yet , ....

is your pm box okay , do you have room to recieve pm's , .....

have a great weekend
Old June 14, 2003, 14:20   #23
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

SMC Orders posted.
Old June 14, 2003, 22:31   #24
Beta
lifer
Deity

Sorry guys. The DM has been busy in another world. Will be there tomorrow with my orders. Sleep well all.
Old June 14, 2003, 22:37   #25
Kloreep
Emperor

panag: While my box could use some clearing, yes, I do still have room.

Anyway, bad news is I'm already out in the tournament; good news is, I'm home and can make the chat. (Assuming I don't pound my alarm to pieces when it wake me up at 4:30. )