Old June 10, 2003, 22:02   #1
Hellish
Settler

Local Time: 03:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
My little rant
I know you have other threads for this but I feel like ranting and I don't know where to specifically put it, I'm not the best are organizing my thoughts but ill try to make it all look proper.

Civilization III is a great game, its images and game play bring a comedic aspect to a simulation game, but for some reason I think it looks some of the *feel* and soul that the earlier games held.

Concepts-
How about the ability to have a world map that will show cities/culture boundaries/terrain improvements that might affect culture (Not in the game currently)
In this map you would have the ability to name / set policies for pockets of culture that held two or more cities and if 4 + cities existed in one pocket of culture you could split it in two. This would add a personal touch, additional indirect management of your civilization, and a diversion from the 'click click'ness of the game.

A leader that you can put a face to the empire with, this would be a game options, like regicide but not quite that important. The unit would be a 1/1/1 throughout the entire game while in a city he would decrease unrest and corruption while providing a slight bonus to the experience gain of all troops within one square of him (Instead of a 1/12 chance it would become a 1/11 etc..)

The ability to distinctly see and damage trade / supply lines in an empire.. You can for the most part do this to a land route, simply destroy it. You should be able to harass sea and air routes causing an increase in unrest/possibly damaging foreign relations between two countries.

All culture squares that *touch* the border of another culture should be regarded as 'disputed' area and should not give grounds for a warning/diplomatic incident. A culture square that touches a border with no other foreign culture beside it should be known as 'claimed' land.

Nitpick-
I really hate how Civ3 handles diplomacy, when your advisor tells you maybe, it isn't really maybe.. Its just adjusting the deal until the computer agrees. This type of diplomacy is boring, your always taken advantage of, not necessarily a bad thing it does provide a challenge but it gets dull.

Espionage / Diplomat-
Does anyone else think that this part was thrown in at the last minute?

Desire-
More variety between technology, an ability to adapt your civilization to your resources.

If your civilization has *not once* held oil in its possession please tell me why we have plans and technology for oil guzzling tanks rather than some alternative? Why couldn't we research solar/electric/hydro etc.. powered weapons of war? Yeah, they will get torn to shreds by the other tanks but who cares? It’s better than tossing your spears at the tank isn't it?

This has turned into more of a review than a wish list hasn't it? Please comment.
Old June 11, 2003, 03:28   #2
Hellish
Settler

Local Time: 03:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Louis XXIV has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - My little rant - in the Civ3-General forum of Apolyton CS Forums.

Er? Am I missing something?

Edit:
I just noticed the 'Suggestions' area of the site It seems like everything I said was said before

Last edited by Hellish; June 11, 2003 at 07:50.
Old June 11, 2003, 09:44   #3
Louis XXIV
C4WDG Stratega
Prince

Local Time: 22:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I'm a little confused

Have you figured out what happened?

Could you explain it to me?

I did reply
Old June 11, 2003, 10:04   #4
Hellish