Local Time: 05:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
as are the TV sets in Greece
Old June 11, 2003, 17:19   #153
Bereta_Eder
Settler

sovetty has the first mcdonalds opened up in croatia yet?

how are you doing embracing democracy and capitalism after a thousand years in communist chains?
Old June 11, 2003, 17:29   #154
VetLegion
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGames
Emperor

I would gladly explain to you for the millionth time why Greece is a lost case of a country but I do not want to threadjack this thread.

And was Echtelion banned for mocking panag here or not?
Old June 11, 2003, 17:30   #155
Bereta_Eder
Settler

dunno, i suppose one should read the thread to find out....

bon courage
Old June 11, 2003, 17:58   #156
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 23:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: Suicide Bombing in Jerusalem, 15+ Dead
Quote:
Originally posted by Eli
5 more people were killed, it is yet unknown how many of them were civilians, if there were any.
I'm very sorry to hear of your tragedy. Nothing excuses attacks on non-combatants.

As for the five others who were killed, the second group of rokets hit after a group of people had gathered around the car. It is highly likely that non-combatants were also killed there. Yesterday the rocket fire continued even as the ambulances were approaching the scene.

Just keep massacring each other and telling yourselves that you're justified. You'll find peace eventually. Sooner or later you have to die.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old June 11, 2003, 19:55   #157
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 21:26
Same old, same old. Sad really, but redictable..damn predictable.

Yes, terrorist atatcks have gone down since the IDF cracked down..not sh1t sherlock, have tanks in every intersection and you make it harder to move. BUt while it makes it rarer, it doesn;t stop it, now has it?

But the fact is that all the military action in the world won;t make it stop. Nothing short of genocide on the Israeli side (the only side capable of it resourceswise) would "win" this, though of course such an act would lead to the end of Israel itself. basically a no win situation.

As for Hamas: they are more than a militant org, they are a political movement. Political movements must be discredited in the eys of the people to be destroyed, and most of what Israel does only increases the credit the average Palestinains gives Hamas. And vice versa, every act of the Palestinian extremists increases the credit the average Israeli gives the hardliners. Wondefull, nice circular pattern that will continue for many years, as long as both sides continue to hold on to their cheerished victimization.

Do we want to say a few words for the countless more victims that are to follow today?
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old June 12, 2003, 00:22   #158
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 22:26
http://www.theonion.com/onion3734/go...dont_kill.html

Timely as ever.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old June 12, 2003, 00:33   #159
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

Local Time: 03:26
Eli, my full support, for what it's worth. Israel... go in and win the war on terror.

They understand force...
Old June 12, 2003, 03:22   #160
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by lord of the mark
heres a little something from the Independent

"Twenty-three killed in Middle East '*** for tat' violence
By Ravi Nessman, AP
11 June 2003

A Palestinian suicide bomber blew himself up on a bus in central Jerusalem today, killing at least 16 people and wounding 70 a day after Hamas threatened bloody revenge for an Israeli attack on one of its leaders. Passengers were hurled from the bus by the force of the blast.

Less than an hour later, Israeli attack helicopters fired missiles at a car in Gaza City, killing at least seven Palestinians, including two Hamas militants and five bystanders. Witnesses said several missiles were fired as bystanders were trying to pull the passengers out of the car"

A suicide bomber deliberated murders 16 innocents whose only crime was riding the bus. Israel kills 2 hamas "militants" and accidentaly kills 5 by standers - and this is "*** for tat" killings.

No wonder the Euro public doesnt understand whats going on.
hi ,

source please , .......

have a nice day
Old June 12, 2003, 03:52   #161
m_m_x
Warlord

this is how a terror attack looks like
the pictures are hard to watch!

*pictures are from the latest Jerusalem bus terror attack!*

http://rotter.net/forum/scoop/6176.shtml
Old June 12, 2003, 04:01   #162
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 20:26
I can't take this **** anymore, and I don't even live there.

It's to the point I can't stand the news anymore.
Old June 12, 2003, 04:05   #163
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
I can't take this **** anymore, and I don't even live there.

It's to the point I can't stand the news anymore.
then dont post here or watch the news , .....
Old June 12, 2003, 04:10   #164
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

I'm beyond pissed at this.

There is something seriously wrong with this.

If the ****ing palestinian population really gave a **** about peace they would expose the terrorists and militants and not give them safe harbour. It's becoming very difficult for me to even care about the loss of palestinian civilian life.

The nation of Israel has to go all the way. Not these small rocket attacks. I'm not talking about exterminating the Palestinians. But what I had in mind involves serious infringement on human rights temporarily.
Old June 12, 2003, 05:36   #165
muxec
Prince

Local Time: 06:26
Half of population of Gaza are Hamas members, so complete destroying of Gaza is legitimate. It's such a pity that Israel did not destroy Cairo and Damascus in six day war.
Old June 12, 2003, 06:44   #166
uh Clem
King

Local Time: 21:26
Quote:
Originally posted by muxec
Half of population of Gaza are Hamas members, so complete destroying of Gaza is legitimate. It's such a pity that Israel did not destroy Cairo and Damascus in six day war.
Um, yeah, the final solution to the problem. that'll stop 'em.

Get out of the territories.
Old June 12, 2003, 06:51   #167
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

muxec, its a shame hitler didnt destroy the jews when he had the chance...

Old June 12, 2003, 07:26   #168
muxec
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by MRT144
muxec, its a shame hitler didnt destroy the jews when he had the chance...

Is it shame, that Ming did not ban after the registration?
Old June 12, 2003, 07:28   #169
muxec
Prince

Quote:
the final solution to the problem
The final solution to the problem. Not kill them warn them to live before. And i must say, that genocide is right reaction on genocide.
Old June 12, 2003, 07:55   #170
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

genocide is the right reaction on genocide...

its no wonder now why israelis have all the problems they do given that mentality.

i see you didnt pick up the irony of my statement. obviously your will to genocide the palestinians indiscrimently is analogous to hitler indiscreimently killing jews. you sir are no better than hitler.
Old June 12, 2003, 09:34   #171
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Someone up there starts to like Helicopters...

Another assasination in the Gaza Strip. I'm not sure who's the target yet.
Old June 12, 2003, 09:37   #172
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Earlier today Hamas declared that the Jerusalem attack was only the first in a wave of attacks(reasonable, since 20 bombers were caught in the last month alone, 1 today) and that Sharon is now a target.

Israel made 4-5 assasinations in the past two days alone.

Hmmm.... The conspirator in me thinks that if Israel destroys Hamas' leadership, the Peace process and Abu Mazen will have a lot to gain.
Old June 12, 2003, 13:06   #173
lord of the mark
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GePap
Same old, same old. Sad really, but redictable..damn predictable.

Yes, terrorist atatcks have gone down since the IDF cracked down..not sh1t sherlock, have tanks in every intersection and you make it harder to move. BUt while it makes it rarer, it doesn;t stop it, now has it?

But the fact is that all the military action in the world won;t make it stop. Nothing short of genocide on the Israeli side (the only side capable of it resourceswise) would "win" this, though of course such an act would lead to the end of Israel itself. basically a no win situation.

?
yes of course a political solution is rwquired. teh question is whether or not military strikes on hamas increase or decrease the likelihood off a political solution.

On the one hand Hamas is the principle opponent of a political solution, and by commiting acts of terror makes it close to impossible for an Israeli government to take steps that lessen Israels physical security - yet it is precisely such steps that are required for a political solution - so you destroy the leadership of hamas, and then talk with Abbas, without the obstacle of hamas.

The counter to this is that since Abbas is seen as conciliating israel, and the israeli attacks are very unpopular on the pal street, since they unintentionally kill civilians, Abbas is undermined.

It therefore would seem that actions must be undertaken on a case by case basis - how important is the hamas leader you are trying to kill - are you sure you can get him - how many civilians are likely to be unintentionally killed - and how much terror have you prevented by taking out any given leader.

If you think (as Abbas seems to claim) that Hamas was on the point of signing a ceasefire, then the cost benefit doesnt look good at all. OTOH if you have intell, as Israel claims to, that Hamas was on the point of a series of attacks planned by Rantissi, then attacking him may actually improve the chances of a political settlement.
Old June 12, 2003, 13:08   #174
lord of the mark
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Eli
Earlier today Hamas declared that the Jerusalem attack was only the first in a wave of attacks(reasonable, since 20 bombers were caught in the last month alone, 1 today) and that Sharon is now a target.

Israel made 4-5 assasinations in the past two days alone.

Hmmm.... The conspirator in me thinks that if Israel destroys Hamas' leadership, the Peace process and Abu Mazen will have a lot to gain.
i think thats definitely Sharons intention - if not, why keep dismantling settlement outposts at the same time your killing hamasniks???

The real conspiratorial question is whether Abbas thinks the same way.
Old June 12, 2003, 13:11   #175
lord of the mark
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by muxec

The final solution to the problem. Not kill them warn them to live before. And i must say, that genocide is right reaction on genocide.
genocide is not the right reaction to anything. And it is not the policy of the israeli govt. all the attacks this last week have been on leaders of hamas, a violent terrorist organization. All are on men who had some role in planning and organizing terrorist attacks. The israeli govt of course regrets any collateral damage, but appears to believe that refraining from action now will lead to more violence later, which will result in more deaths on both sides.
Old June 12, 2003, 13:11   #176
Eli
Emperor

An Israeli was killed in a shooting terract in northern Samaria.
Old June 12, 2003, 13:22   #177
lord of the mark
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GePap

As for Hamas: they are more than a militant org, they are a political movement. Political movements must be discredited in the eys of the people to be destroyed, and most of what Israel does only increases the credit the average Palestinains gives Hamas. And vice versa, every act of the Palestinian extremists increases the credit the average Israeli gives the hardliners. Wondefull, nice circular pattern that will continue for many years, as long as both sides continue to hold on to their cheerished victimization.

?

Its hard to see how the act of killing a hamas leader increases the credit given to hamas. Rather its the collateral damage to civilians, and actions such as curfews, blockades etc.

Therefore the correct strategy is to maximize damage to Hamas, while minimizing civilian casuaties, and meanwhile pursuing the peace process so that real improvements can be made to the lives of pals, and they can see israel is serious about political concessions.

RE cycle - no circular pattern this week.

Israels attack on Rantissi followed an attack on by hamas, IJ, and AAMB on an israeli military base.

did that attack follow an israeli attack - no.

It followed a summit meeting designed to kick start the peace process.

Hamas did not attack in response to an israeli attack, but in response to movement toward peace. Which it has done in the past as well. which tends to make the israeli population skittish about every move toward peace. Peace can only move ahead when the Israeli population sees that such movement is not inconsistent with its own security - and pie in the sky promises of security down the road when the conflict ends will not cut it.
Old June 12, 2003, 13:24   #178
lord of the mark
Deity

"As for Hamas: they are more than a militant org, they are a political movement. " they are less than a militant organization, they are a terrorist organization.
Old June 12, 2003, 13:28   #179
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

i bet mucex would have shot rabin given the chance.
Old June 12, 2003, 13:29   #180
lord of the mark
Deity

Re: Re: Suicide Bombing in Jerusalem, 15+ Dead
Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara

I'm very sorry to hear of your tragedy. Nothing excuses attacks on non-combatants.

As for the five others who were killed, the second group of rokets hit after a group of people had gathered around the car. It is highly likely that non-combatants were also killed there. Yesterday the rocket fire continued even as the ambulances were approaching the scene.

Just keep massacring each other and telling yourselves that you're justified. You'll find peace eventually. Sooner or later you have to die.
To find peace will requrie a political solution - hamas publicly rejects any progress towards such a solution.

There was no "cycle" this week. Hamas (and IJ and AAMB) did not attack in response to an israeli attack, but in response to a peace initiative of which they disapproved.