King

Local Time: 23:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
EpIII Spoilers/guesses.
http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn...21140&webTV=on
Quote:
EP3: Tidbits from Rick McCallum
Tue, Jun 10, 03 09:47:08 PM EDT

In a chat with Hyperspace members tonight, producer Rick McCallum doled out some little tidbits about Episode III. Here's a few bits of news and some reaction:
Episode III will be PG - This is what is best for the franchise no doubt. Though there's a trend to push for more and it would defintiely appeal to the older fans, PG is the way to go and no surprise.
Running Time: 2 Hours - The final cut of the film should clock in around 2 hours which means there's about a 110 page script that Lucas has produced. Fans wanting a lengthy finale will be dissapointed, but this is something everyone should have been prepared for and again no surprise.

[SPOILERS below! Swipe your mouse to reveal:]

Episode III definitively has the most lightsaber action of any Star Wars film - Again, great confirmation but expected. There's a lot to do ad we figure the saber will figure prominantly into the final sequences. Great to hear!

SW3 takes place 3 years or so after Ep II - Hayden said recently is would be much more than that, but Rick corrected him and gave us the time scale for the film, noting also that everything is bigger this time, including the battle scenes.

Space Battle Beginning - An epic space battle to begin the film. Now that is a great way to start. We know it is the end of the Clone Wars about this time period, so expect it to be the defintive moment of the war.

And here's a fun quote to end this review: "Yes, I do believe Ep III will bridge the gap and answer most all of the unanswered questions. I think it's much more of a fun adventure feel. Although, of course, Anakin turning into Vader is pretty intense."
Wee! Epic Space Battle!
Old June 11, 2003, 16:37   #2
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 22:28
Does Jar Jar die?
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old June 11, 2003, 16:37   #3
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc
Does Jar Jar die?
He dies in Episode 4.
Old June 11, 2003, 16:37   #4
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I guess that it's gonna suck.
Old June 11, 2003, 16:39   #5
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

I and II sucked. III will most likely suck.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old June 11, 2003, 16:41   #6
DinoDoc
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
He dies in Episode 4.
Where?
Old June 11, 2003, 16:43   #7
Flare
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
~Grumble~ Star Wars, Episode III should be longer than 2 hours. ~Grumble~
Old June 11, 2003, 16:44   #8
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

III will suck worst of all. I'll wait til it's at the cheep theater, and then I won't go.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old June 11, 2003, 16:45   #9
BeBro
Emperor

Local Time: 05:28
"Episode III will be PG"

Forgive my ignorance - but what is PG?
Old June 11, 2003, 16:47   #10
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

It's the rating. It stands for "parental guidance."

G
PG
PG-13
R

So PG means it will be tame. IIRC, the first three were all PG.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old June 11, 2003, 16:50   #11
Cookie Monster
King

Lucas sux, epIII will most likely suck. PG rating? WTF, EPIII will essentially be a movie aimed at 5 year olds.

Oh and how dare McCallum talk to smugly about what to expect from the movie. He is an arrogant person.

What a let down this whole prequel thing has become. Sorta makes you wish there never was a Star Wars to begin with because the series has become junk such that the world has never seen.

I'm gonna go back to playing RoN and ROTK7...............
Old June 11, 2003, 16:51   #12
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 20:28
The 1st two were real disappointments.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old June 11, 2003, 16:52   #13
BeBro
Emperor

Ah, thanks Arrian
Old June 11, 2003, 16:53   #14
DinoDoc
Deity

I kind of liked II. I don't know why everyone is booing that one. I was the stinker.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old June 11, 2003, 16:55   #15
Arrian
Deity

II was better than I. At least II had an ok plot & action. But the core problem, consistent from I to II, is that the acting has been awful. Flat, boring... no chemistry between the cast members. Totally different from the first set. The interaction between the characters in the originals is what made the movies work. The plot was almost unimportant.

-Arrian

Old June 11, 2003, 16:57   #16
BeBro
Emperor

I liked Ep II too (at least to some extent). It had some weaknesses, but overall it was better than Ep I (not that difficult), but also better than for example "Return of the Jedi".
Old June 11, 2003, 16:57   #17
Cookie Monster
King

The fact that the movie is only going to be 2 hours means that all the answers to our questions will be rushed. I'm sure the storyline will be anorexic (sic) and leave us with even more questions that will probably never be answered.
Old June 11, 2003, 17:03   #18
Arrian
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by BeBro
I liked Ep II too (at least to some extent). It had some weaknesses, but overall it was better than Ep I (not that difficult), but also better than for example "Return of the Jedi".
Disagree. II had better plot than VI (RotJ), since VI was
"destroy the Death Star... again!" But I'll take VI over II anyway, because the acting in II was atrocious.

-Arrian

Old June 11, 2003, 17:41   #19
Carver
Prince

Local Time: 21:28
Quote:
Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich
The fact that the movie is only going to be 2 hours means that all the answers to our questions will be rushed. I'm sure the storyline will be anorexic (sic) and leave us with even more questions that will probably never be answered.
I've been thinking about it and they have a lot to cover in Ep III; two hours doesn't sound like enough time. I was actually hoping that Lucas & Co would make two more films, an Ep III Part I and Part II.
Old June 11, 2003, 17:51   #20
Carver
Prince

Local Time: 21:28
Quote:
Originally posted by Arrian
Disagree. II had better plot than VI (RotJ), since VI was
"destroy the Death Star... again!" But I'll take VI over II anyway, because the acting in II was atrocious.
-Arrian
The whole problem with the acting, to me, stems from the fact that Ep I and II were forced to be serious movies with serious characters. Most of the major roles in those films were Jedi who are supposed to be relatively unemotional and thoughful: Qui Gon Jinn, Obiwan, Yoda, Mace Windu, and Palpatine, Tyrannus, Maul (other force practitioners).

OTOH, in Ep 4,5, &6 the main characters were wacko Han Solo, emotional Princess Leia, immature Luke Skywalker (until the very end). Only Vader and Obiwan were forced into the serious roles. And there was Yoda but his parts were fairly small.

So that's my conclusion: Eps 1 and 2 suffered from all of the serious people engaged in serious affairs. But there was some good acting in 1 and 2, I liked Ewan McGregor and even Hayden had some good scenes.
Old June 11, 2003, 17:56   #21
Tuberski

We find in Episode 3 that Anakin really isn't Luke's father.

Chewbacca and Jar-Jar are Han Solo's parents.

The Emperor is actually a crusty old guy name Fred.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old June 11, 2003, 18:23   #22
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 04:28
Quote:
Originally posted by Arrian
It's the rating. It stands for "parental guidance."

G
PG
PG-13
R

So PG means it will be tame. IIRC, the first three were all PG.
If it was titled "EpIII - Jar Jar Must Die!", and had an 18R rating, then I wonder how much it would take at the box office.
Old June 11, 2003, 19:07   #23
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Tripping the Rift is the real Episode III. Your SciFi channel has ordered a series based on it.
Old June 11, 2003, 19:16   #24
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc
Where?
When Alderaan is 'Sploded.

Arrian

Empire Strikes Back was PG, that didn't stop it from being Dark.
Old June 11, 2003, 19:18   #25
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich
anorexic (sic)
Is it wrong that I found this funny?
Old June 11, 2003, 19:25   #26
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Carver
But there was some good acting in 1 and 2, I liked Ewan McGregor and even Hayden had some good scenes.
The first scene of the first movie:

* Mr. McGregor apparently feels he needs to do an Alec Guinness impression. Nobody knows why.
"You're right about one thing master .... the negotiations were short!"
(sound of drum roll and cymbal crash in background)

Lucas really set the film up well there. It had a definite mood of 'half-assed knock-off' from the very beginning.
Old June 11, 2003, 19:27   #27
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Ep II was good! Much better than RotJ, IMO.

Ep III will be great . Especially the final battle between Obi-Won and Anakin . I can't wait for this one . I'll also be the darkest (even darker than V), because most of the Jedi are killed (except Obi-Won, Yoda and Anakin's kids).
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old June 11, 2003, 19:30   #28
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui I'll also be the darkest (even darker than V), because most of the Jedi are killed (except Obi-Won, Yoda and Anakin's kids).
And still keep a PG rating? What's the darkest film with a PG rating you can think of?
I know ... I couldn't be bothered to look any up myself, but I bet there aren't any good ones.
Old June 11, 2003, 19:37   #29
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

And still keep a PG rating? What's the darkest film with a PG rating you can think of?
I know ... I couldn't be bothered to look any up myself, but I bet there aren't any good ones.
Poltergeist

The Stepford Wives

and to remove any doubt:

Frogs!

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old June 11, 2003, 19:41   #30
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Quote:
What's the darkest film with a PG rating you can think of?
IIRC, Empire Strikes Back was also PG.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)