Old June 12, 2003, 07:16   #1
Darth Balrog
Settler

Local Time: 04:30
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Wich is the command to...
Hi,

Wich is the command to say to my worker to work around a particulary city without change that city improvements?

With shift + A the worker will work in that way in all the country. But I want he work in that way only for a city.

Thanx.
Old June 12, 2003, 07:58   #2
mimi
Warlord

Local Time: 23:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Don't know the answer to that one but have one of my own. How do I set worker to pollution patrol? So they pop out, clean up and then head back to a town without me having to talk to them. The shift+p only sends them to a polluted square but once they are done they stand around like gaums.
Old June 12, 2003, 08:01   #3
MqsTout
Chieftain

Local Time: 22:30
I think this feature is only in Play the World, but there's a checkbox in the options creen for "Show advanced Worker icons" or something like that. I recommend you enable it! Then, ou won't have to worry about all those cumbersome keystrokes that should be somewhere in the UI (right click menu or something).

BTW, for the key shortcuts you can open the Civilopedia, go to the index and go to "H". They're listed under hotkeys. Note that it's 2 entries and the entry has two pages (the "more" button).
Old June 12, 2003, 08:14   #4
Darth Balrog
Settler

Local Time: 04:30
Quote:
Originally posted by mimi
Don't know the answer to that one but have one of my own. How do I set worker to pollution patrol? So they pop out, clean up and then head back to a town without me having to talk to them. The shift+p only sends them to a polluted square but once they are done they stand around like gaums.
Yes, I know what u mean.

You have to say to your workers shift + A.
With this command they improve your country with road and reil-road without touch your allready improvmets, and if they see a pollution they clean it. I saw it.

But, if you just want the clean pollution, they stop themself when they finish... sigh.

That's it.

I think this kind of commands are very useful !!
They could improve them with the next patch or expansion...
Old June 12, 2003, 11:19   #5
MyOlde
Prince

Local Time: 03:30
Somewhere along the bottom of the screen, mimi, are a bunch of circular buttons that change according to which unit is active. When your worker is active, run your cursor over them and you will find one that says something like "Automate for this city only." You should be able to find two -- one that lets the worker do whatever he pleases and one that says "Do not alter imptovements". That's close to the wording anyway. Don't know what the keystroke combination is for those.

Pollution has its own button but, in this case, I do know the key combination: it's Shift-P. The worker(s) will work on pollution until it's cleared up. But, unfortunately, after that he won't remember that -- even when a new pollution pops up. He has to be told again. But it works well if you have a number of pollution spots that don't all get cleared up at once -- a worker who has tidied up a polluted tile will then go to any other pollution tile still not cleaned up.
Old June 12, 2003, 11:24   #6
MyOlde
Prince

Local Time: 03:30
Sorry, Darth, that should have been your name in the first paragraph above and mimi's in the second. Senior's moment, I'm afraid.
Old June 12, 2003, 11:30   #7
eris
Prince

Local Time: 21:30
To improve tiles (without changing terrain or previous improvements) within a city radius, use CTRL + SHIFT + I. The worker will do the task until done and then stand there waiting for further orders. The order in which things are done will not be maximally efficient, nor will all the the build decisions be the best, but we all know that worker units are about as clever as individual worker bees. (Which puts them both above some human workers I have met.)
Old June 12, 2003, 11:32   #8
mimi
Warlord

Local Time: 23:30
Quote:
Originally posted by eris
(Which puts them both above some human workers I have met.)
(mimi peers over the cubicle wall)

Are you looking at me? :-}