Old June 16, 2003, 02:18   #31
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 21:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
WOW

On the initial question , the police can file an "information" without a complainant and can compell testimony from witnesses. Likewise an individual can file one without the involvement of the police ( very rarely done) .In either case its up to the crown to determine whether they procede with the charges.

The police would be unlikely to pursue theft charges if the owner of the vehicle is hedging in the slightest and the thief is a family member. They WOULD usually pursue charges wrt anything the police witnessed themselves or if they had some other hard evidence.

As for the end of the thread . . . Zylka you need to calm down and take stock. What the heck are you at guy ? It seems you wanted to blame everyone but yourself for stuff you actually did do ( If I understand your comments). Take responsility for your own actions. What difference does it make that some rich folks have gotten away with something?
Old June 16, 2003, 02:25   #32
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 03:34
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Wellll I'm just upset at the inability of the police to act proffessional upon the situation, and the subsequent harassment of my parents to cooperate on their own terms afterwards. I have a feeling they're trying hard to nail me on whatever they can because they think I was dealing cocaine or smack, which would be a quick and hard assumption. I'm just sure that given the whole of my lifestyle, these little errors will work out. No worries here
Old June 16, 2003, 13:16   #33
Cruddy
Warlord

Local Time: 04:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Zylka
Wellll I'm just upset at the inability of the police to act proffessional upon the situation, and the subsequent harassment of my parents to cooperate on their own terms afterwards. I have a feeling they're trying hard to nail me on whatever they can because they think I was dealing cocaine or smack, which would be a quick and hard assumption. I'm just sure that given the whole of my lifestyle, these little errors will work out. No worries here
Maybe they just don't like drugs of any sort.

Anyway, if they DIDN'T pursue they could still be called unprofessional.
"The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84
Old June 16, 2003, 13:57   #34
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 19:34
Quote:
I'm not the one who assaulted an officer, that was buddy who got away because he had a high priced lawyer. Funny that one might see this kind of thing as the making of severe distaste for the state. Oh well, I'm harmless for now
So you are saying that you went into a car knowing that your friend was drunk behind the wheel?? WHy did you do somthing as stupid as that?
Old June 16, 2003, 14:06   #35
Tingkai
Prince

Local Time: 11:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Flubber
As for the end of the thread . . . Zylka you need to calm down and take stock. What the heck are you at guy ? It seems you wanted to blame everyone but yourself for stuff you actually did do ( If I understand your comments). Take responsility for your own actions.
Yeah, that's what bugs me about the guy. He blames everyone else for the problems in his life instead of taking responsibility for his actions.

The sad thing about him is that he hasn't learned his lesson. He makes mistake after mistake, but instead of thinking, hey, maybe I need to change my act, he thinks he's outwitted everyone and has come out a winner.

If he is smart, and he might be intelligent, then maybe he'll realise that what happened was a warning message.

He was dealing in drugs and nearly got caught.

He took his parent's van without permission and as a result he got arrested.

He was driving without insurance which will could result in a big fine, and definitely means higher insurance premiums.

There are half a dozen points where he could have made a different decision and spared himself from a lot of costly hassles.

Now the question is will he recognise the errors of his ways or will he simply continue blaming others for his mistakes and end up in jail at some point in the future.
Old June 17, 2003, 02:53   #36
techumseh
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Quote:
Or my admission of guilt to the officers through my statement? Keep wondering, moron
Hope you do some real time. Might teach you some manners. Or not.

www.tecumseh.150m.com
Old June 17, 2003, 04:43   #37
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Zylka, the driving without insurance is the dumb thing. Really dumb. Everything else seems pretty lame. Why is the insurance the big thing?

What happens if you hit a pedestrian? Now, it might have been that guy's or gal's fault for running into traffic, but an insurance company would have taken care of him or her anyway (pedestrians are never at fault legally here, I believe). So, without insurance, you leave someone as a cripple, or a vegetable with nary a pot to piss in, unless his lawyer can get it from you personally (or your parents as the owners of the vehicle, which is also possible although slim).

Now, what if you turned left into a car full of kids when you were distracted? What if you ran over a 12 year old? In either of these cases the effected people would be SOL for the possible devastation to their lives.

There are bad things that we can do in life, and not thinking of the consequences on others is chief among them. Sorry to preach, but it is true.
Old June 17, 2003, 23:15   #38
Zylka
King

Quote:
What happens if you hit a pedestrian? Now, it might have been that guy's or gal's fault for running into traffic, but an insurance company would have taken care of him or her anyway (pedestrians are never at fault legally here, I believe). So, without insurance, you leave someone as a cripple, or a vegetable with nary a pot to piss in, unless his lawyer can get it from you personally
Yet a miss is as good as a miss - I simply didn't do something like that, nor will I ever be incomepetent or uncofident or irresponsible enough of a driver to do so.

Quote:
So you are saying that you went into a car knowing that your friend was drunk behind the wheel?? WHy did you do somthing as stupid as that?
I wasn't there, that was an actual example of someone being truly irresponsible and the system not caring to punish him for it.

Quote:
Hope you do some real time. Might teach you some manners. Or not.
Ah. So now out of emotional spite for calling you a moron, you've upgraded your wishes to include me doing "real time" in PRISON - even if contrary to what the law most often finds necessary and fair.

...and how old are you, may I ask? This whole reoccurring "teach you some manners" attitude thrown upon me by people who can't handle my responding to their provocation seems a little feeble. Just wondering what kind of trend I can attribute that to, get what I'm saying?
Old June 17, 2003, 23:45   #39
Zylka
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Tingkai

Yeah, that's what bugs me about the guy. He blames everyone else for the problems in his life instead of taking responsibility for his actions.

The sad thing about him is that he hasn't learned his lesson. He makes mistake after mistake, but instead of thinking, hey, maybe I need to change my act, he thinks he's outwitted everyone and has come out a winner.
You know, that statement bothers me quite a bit. I am constantly blaming ONLY myself for every single problem and shortcoming of my personality and life except for the two I bring on here. I have learned my lesson here, that I have done something bad - but that people will attempt to throw more than the book at you out of ignorance of what kind of person you really are, and how you have so far fit into society.

It's nothing but a game of which side can be more of a prlck, and exert the most power in determining punishment. This game makes me sick, so I'm going to have to change to avoid it
Old June 18, 2003, 13:49   #40
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:

You know, that statement bothers me quite a bit. I am constantly blaming ONLY myself for every single problem and shortcoming of my personality and life except for the two I bring on here. I have learned my lesson here, that I have done something bad - but that people will attempt to throw more than the book at you out of ignorance of what kind of person you really are, and how you have so far fit into society.

It's nothing but a game of which side can be more of a prlck, and exert the most power in determining punishment. This game makes me sick, so I'm going to have to change to avoid it
Why do you think you are in court facing charges if you have done nothing wrong? Why would the police press charges?
Are the police really after you?

I think that this has nothing to do with the police being corrupt or wanting to get you and this all has to do with you making wrong choices in life. You have to take responsiblity for your actions. If you break the law and hang around people who break the law and deal in drugs what do expect? There is no games going on, you are just being punished for the laws you broke.

If this is wrong then tell us what happened exactly and why the cops are after you.
Old June 18, 2003, 14:10   #41
Zylka
King

...because they think I'm dealing in cocaine and pharmaceuticals. Well, I guess those are pretty much the same as legal hallucinogens, right?

This assumption in combination with unlawful procedures of CIVIL SERVANTS is a high ranking failure at best - and no one should have to accept that
Old June 18, 2003, 14:20   #42
Jack_www
King

Quote:
...because they think I'm dealing in cocaine and pharmaceuticals. Well, I guess those are pretty much the same as legal hallucinogens, right?
Well I hope that you find new friends that have nothing to do with drugs.
Dealing cocaine is a serious crime, and the cops want to get the people who deal these drugs to people. From you post I gather that you use drugs such as cocaine but dont deal them. And if the cops find you with cocaine on you or find you with someone with cocaine of course they will think that you deal drugs or at the varry least that you take cocaine. THis is not a game, the cops are just going by what they know.

Still most if not all the blame still is on you, at the varry least for hanging around the wrong people and at most for actually dealing drugs. Maybe you can make a plea aggrement just for having cocaine or something like that.
Old June 18, 2003, 14:22   #43
Zylka
King

I didn't have cocaine. I had a beat up, teal 1994 Chrysler Caravan. LOCK ME THE F*CK UP
Old June 18, 2003, 14:24   #44
Jack_www
King

Quote:
I didn't have cocaine. I had a beat up, teal 1994 Chrysler Caravan. LOCK ME THE F*CK UP
Well then why did you not explain the whole situation in the first place so that I would know this. Where you with someone else that had cocaine
Old June 18, 2003, 14:40   #45
Zylka
King

I'm sorry, I don't have the breath to explain it on here again...

Baically I was caught for some bad things, but the police have gone beyond authority in attempts to secure the fullest extent of prosecution - to account for even worse things they suspect me of doing. That's the way I see it