View Poll Results: Should we spend our cash? If so, how?
Hurry Pi Square production 0 0%
Hurry Logic Loop production 0 0%
Hurry both bases' production 0 0%
Switch to Planned asap 6 100.00%
Let's save our cash. 0 0%
Wait until we have some more cash, and then repoll. 0 0%
Write-in 0 0%
Xenobanana! 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 19, 2003, 07:50   #31
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 03:37
Local Date: November 2, 2010
If we do meet someone, can I suggest researching Nonlinear Math soon, and then having a little fun with a couple of rovers?

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old June 19, 2003, 15:01   #32
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:37
Quote:
Any part of the Nexus has to be within a base'sradius - having it in your territory isn't enough (as the border would shift if another faction built outside it, but closer to it than your nearest base
Are you sure of that? My experience has always been only the central square of the Nexus, the one that has the landmark name, has to be in your territory. Nothing else.
Old June 19, 2003, 19:14   #33
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 22:37
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I think he's saying that not having the nexus in a base radius (but in territory) runs the risk of another faction building a base closer to the nexus (thus putting it in their territory) and taking its bonus from us.
Old June 20, 2003, 00:12   #34
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 22:37
Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
If we do meet someone, can I suggest researching Nonlinear Math soon, and then having a little fun with a couple of rovers?
Indeed. We'll show them what CyCons are really made of...

Er... allow me to clarify. We will defeat them easily with our persistance and superiority. We WILL NOT have hoards of dead lying on the battlefield ready for autopsy by the enemy faction.

Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old June 20, 2003, 07:45   #35
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 03:37
Well said Function Corelli Omega-9 We will emerge victorious. It is the only logical outcome. We will have world domination fluffy kittens!

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old June 20, 2003, 08:29   #36
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 20:37
Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Are you sure of that? My experience has always been only the central square of the Nexus, the one that has the landmark name, has to be in your territory. Nothing else.
Well - I stand corrected (It's amazing what we learn new every day about this game)

I scenario-tested it, and yes, having the Nexus in your territory is enough to trigger the +1 Planet bonus (although it must be 'discovered' - having it between two bases, but not yet explored isn't enough)

And if another faction (other than the Pirates) builds a base thus pushing out its territorial limits, you can lose the +1 Planet to that other faction (The Pirates "territory" seems to just be on the ocean until a land base gets built - so an adjacent ocean base won't trigger it for them unless the Nexus is in the ocean base's radius, but a land base will push back the borders to include it)

Fascinating .........................

G