Old June 15, 2003, 12:05   #31
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:44
Local Date: November 2, 2010
That... that was just beautiful, oh Speaker for the Chickens of Heaven! Truly remarkable words!
Although, I have to admit that an outside viewer, after reading this excerpt from the scrolls of truth, will immediately draw the conclusion that the members of GS have been using a bit too much incense in their temples.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old June 15, 2003, 12:10   #32
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

What's with this thread...

Don't tell me we are going to have fun again with this game, are we.....

Old June 15, 2003, 12:18   #33
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Btw... Herr Ralphus, that last picture WAS amazing!! I think I'm gonna make a desktop wallpaper out of it or something
- Phantom of the Opera
Old June 15, 2003, 17:50   #34
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 21:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Herr Ralphus, I noticed that your descriptions of some of you artwork had some religious references. Would you be willing to elaborate on the religious beliefs of the Gathering Storm?

Daniel de la Civ, Priest of San Agustin and a Monk of the Abbey of San Bendito.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old June 15, 2003, 18:16   #35
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
It would appear that there is still some dust left on the cover.

See? Now it reads "How to Cook For Four Voxians".
You missed some of the smaller words there, Mr. Shiber.

It reads: "How to Cook Sauces For Pouring Over Four Voxians."
Old June 15, 2003, 19:27   #36
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 04:44
Quote:
Originally posted by civman2000
Herr Ralphus, I noticed that your descriptions of some of you artwork had some religious references. Would you be willing to elaborate on the religious beliefs of the Gathering Storm?

Daniel de la Civ, Priest of San Agustin and a Monk of the Abbey of San Bendito.
The highest deity of the Gathering Storm is the Almighty Chicken, which is told to be blown in the Heaven by a gigantic storm yet before our times. An egg of the Almighty Chicken fell down on the World, right to the place known as Eye of the Storm. This egg brought the Spirit of the Chicken to the humble peasants of Stormia. They worked hard and went through many ages, some of which were good and let our people flourish, and some were bad and brought diseases and death to our peaceful citizens. All this is written down in the Book of the Storm, which is a part of the Scrolls of Truth, the most valuable possession of the People of Storm.

The text of the prophecy of the arrival of the armies of the Storm in North Estonia is told to be amazingly similar to the Revelation of Saint John the Divine, but this only shows, that this fellow John has stolen it out of our sacred scrolls. The pictures of the battle were drawn by the Stormian artists Hans Holbein the Younger and Albrecht Dürer.
Old June 15, 2003, 19:34   #37
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Old June 15, 2003, 20:18   #38
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 04:44
Although we can hear the Bells of Peace, yet another impression from the fierce battle. It shows a weapon, that had been kept secret so far, the Battle Chicken. It's enormous destructive power was unleashed near Inchon and Elipolis. Note the mastership of Stormian bio-engineering to increase the stableness of the chicken.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	bruegel39a.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	47846  
Old June 15, 2003, 20:28   #39
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Old June 16, 2003, 00:26   #40
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 19:44
LOL!

I want to now become a card carrying member of the StormHawk Party. (Another LOL at the added "feature" to stabalize the chicken! )

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old June 16, 2003, 02:57   #41
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

All we are saying is give peace a chance
/me whistles, and a white StormDove flutters in...

Listen here..
You StormHawks are all the same. Pillage, Burn, Kill decimate....Bunch of chicken hawks, I swear.

You know those pop points are people like you and me, well not quite, they do not even know what engineering is, but you get the drift....They are not just numbers on a screen. And you have such neat names for your precious "units" Pikemen and War chariots, We first called them plowcarts, then you Chicken Hawks take them , Put our children on them on and send them into battle. Giving their borthes pointy sticks to ward of armies of immortals. They die and do you blead? NO but families do....

Anyway, let me tell you... while you StormHawks were out galavanting, killing everones childern, We StormDoves have been hard at work making PEACE, you here me PEACE. Nothing final, mind you, but we are over earlier the misunderstandings that you sick depraved monsters thrive on. People are acting rational and gracious. HA. Go back yor your coops Chicken Hawks.

All we are saying is give peace a chance.
Mss,
StormDove
Old June 16, 2003, 03:02   #42
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Love In
I call upon every dove out there, to become StormDoves in spirtie and join here, in non-violent threadjacking to....

SPREAD THE LOVE.

GS forgive Vox
Vox forgive GS
There is no need to hate.
Bring on the love

Mss,
StormDove
Old June 16, 2003, 06:48   #43
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Re: All we are saying is give peace a chance
Quote:
Originally posted by ManicStarSeed
You know those pop points are people like you and me, well not quite, they do not even know what engineering is, but you get the drift....T
So GS has Engineering? You just told us it would take you 12 or more turns to get it? Why did you misrepresent you technological position?
Old June 16, 2003, 07:08   #44
rendelnep
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Ankh-MorporkCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 15:44
In legoland Mum is the word. We believe that long ago in the past the great Mother goddess stepped on some lego that the son had left on the floor. She tripped over, swore and n falling over created our land and probably the earth we haven't quite figured that one out yet so expect a civil war or something.
Anyway the first commandement sent s by the gods is that 'thou shall not leave large pile of lego that has been spread all over the floor
Old June 16, 2003, 07:09   #45
Shiber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
You missed some of the smaller words there, Mr. Shiber.

It reads: "How to Cook Sauces For Pouring Over Four Voxians."
How to Cook Sauces For Pouring Over Four Voxians??

Modern cook books are weird...

Good one, really. I was expecting that you would answer with "How to Cook Forty Four Voxians", to which I would answer "How to Cook For Forty Four Voxians" and so on... But perhaps it's a good thing that this "dust war" is over, or else we might have ended up with "How to Cook with Flour For Four Hundred & Forty Four Voxians" and way beyond, or something.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old June 16, 2003, 07:22   #46
Shiber
Emperor

We don't have Engineering, you misinterpreted MSS's comment.
You can verify that by checking the research cost of engineering (you will notice that it's still 100% of the total cost, which means that noone has this tech yet, though I understand that a number of civs are researching it).
- Phantom of the Opera
Old June 16, 2003, 07:24   #47
Shiber
Emperor

Re: Love In
Quote:
I call upon every dove out there, to become StormDoves in spirtie and join here, in non-violent threadjacking to....

SPREAD THE LOVE.

GS forgive Vox
Vox forgive GS
There is no need to hate.
Bring on the love

Mss,
StormDove

Have you considered joining team Sunshine?
- Phantom of the Opera
Old June 16, 2003, 08:13   #48
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
though I understand that a number of civs are researching it).
That's what you think..............

Why do GS Battle Chickens have three legs anyway?
Old June 16, 2003, 08:30   #49
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 23:44
Quote:

That's what you think..............

um - GF - that's not a leg....
Old June 16, 2003, 08:32   #50
Shiber
Emperor

Quote:
To stomp more immortals at once

Quote:
Originally posted by Beta

- Phantom of the Opera
Old June 16, 2003, 08:46   #51
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Holy sh*t, Beta! I've never seen one with fingers!
--Woody Allen
Old June 16, 2003, 11:21   #52
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

I just *knew* somebody would get around to putting Chicken and Hawk together.

Well done, MSS.

Sir Ralph, that last picture does rock. Remarkably similar to our adventures in North Stormland. Alas, it appears the Doves have regained the momentum...

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old June 16, 2003, 12:30   #53
ManicStarSeed
Prince

Re: Re: All we are saying is give peace a chance
Quote:

So GS has Engineering? You just told us it would take you 12 or more turns to get it? Why did you misrepresent you technological position?
That was (maybe too) personal GF... people like you and me, you know Apolytonians.... you DO know what engineering is, right?

Anyway I was just trying to humanize it a bit.

You must like war, I can tell... Sooooo belligerent, you have room for love don'tca.....

GS Loves you
Enjoy
Mss,
StormDove
Old June 16, 2003, 12:55   #54
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Beta

I knew someone was gonna make that comment.

Quote:
That was (maybe too) personal GF... people like you and me, you know Apolytonians.... you DO know what engineering is, right?

Anyway I was just trying to humanize it a bit.

You must like war, I can tell... Sooooo belligerent, you have room for love don'tca.....
How dare you insult me you, warmonger!

As leader of the Mildly-Annoyed-Drizzle-Hawk faction of the StormHawk Party I find your comments completely without merit!
Old June 16, 2003, 12:59   #55
ManicStarSeed
Prince

I'm touched that you care so much,, *sniff sniff*

Let go of the anger my friend

Breathe, Breath in the air
Don't be afraid to care

Mss,
StormDove
Old June 16, 2003, 15:55   #56
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Quote:
you DO know what engineering is, right?
no... thats why I'm going to university to learn...
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old June 16, 2003, 16:44   #57
ManicStarSeed
Prince

/me hands Panzer32 a daisy

and good luck, engieering is a lot of work, but I found it worth it

Mss
Old June 16, 2003, 18:38   #58
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Yep, engineering is fun if you like building things. And I do... which is why I guess I am an engineer.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old June 16, 2003, 19:12   #59
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
PEACE?? BLOODY PEACE??!!

+)(#*%)(%U+)(#*^%#$@_^)($

The Vox dogs have the temerity to ask this, having defiled our chicken farms with banana peels?? And to what masters do these dogs now heel, and what of their nefarious plans and consipiracies?

And now, my own countrymen set themselves out as Storm-lovey-doves, blowing kisses and laying rose petals at the ironshod feet of the transgressors!!

Does the StormHawk Party stand alone in protest of this foul mockery of diplomacy?

Foreign diplomats and rulers: Be warned. If we do indeed stand alone, nay, even if only I, Theseus, stand alone, garbed in the shreds of Stormian honor, our sovereignty and honor shall be avenged.

Our Stormtroopers shall range across North Stormia with conscience wide as hell, mowing like grass Vox' fresh fair virgins and flow'ring infants. Why, in a moment look to see the blind and bloody with foul hand defile the locks of their shrill-shrieking daughters; their fathers taken by the silver beards, and their most reverend heads dash'd to the walls; their naked infants spitted upon pikes, whiles the mad mothers with their howls confus'd do break the clouds!!!

There will be no peace; this I swear, by all the Chickens of Heaven.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old June 16, 2003, 21:23   #60
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Ohhhh myyyyy Gooooood, Theseus and Sir Ralph this is the funniest thing I've read since the avatar wars!!

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)