Old June 15, 2003, 10:14   #1
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 23:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Turnchat 10 report & orders for turnthread 11
To be edited in in the next hour or so....
Attached Files:

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old June 15, 2003, 10:20   #2
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Due to the effects of war and the fact that it was (is) early morning, we only got through 5 turns. We didn’t loose a single unit (although I again moved a couple of them wrong). There were only two significant events in the chat.

1) We made peace with the Ottomans and got the two primary cities we were looking for. Our emphasis changed from the tech (philosophy IIRC) because it was whored around and was completely devalued.

2) We purchased a couple of territory maps, Persian and Korean (IIRC) giving us a much better view of our land mass. It appears quite large, although our understanding is of course incomplete still. We appear to have some excellent land.

3) Of minor note, we renamed many units (spearman to spearman 7) so as to be able to keep better track of them. If you would like a unit named after you, please contact our Supreme Military Commander, General Dijon and ask.

Now that we are no longer at war, the next turns to be played will be during the upcoming week. It will be via Turnthread. All ministers are to post orders for as far into the future as possible. I, or one of our VP’s, shall play the turns and repost the save. I hope to hold a chat next weekend (time to be determined).

I hope to be 10-20 turns into the future (via several sets of orders) by next weekend, but we shall see. Each minister will have the right to play their moves for with a request. The FAM shall play the end of the current turn, as he is currently working on several trades. There are a couple of worker actions that the FAM may also do to finish up the turn, hit end turn, and post the new save.

All ministers, please post in this thread. If you intend on playing a partial turn, please request it first and I will authorize it in this thread (that way, we will not have anybody doing conflicting partial turns, which will need to be redone).

Several things that need to be decided:

Monarchy. We are approximately 26 turns from discovery. With the fact that we are not religious, it will be 30+/- turns prior to being in a new government. How does this fit with our war plans.

War with the Iroq. What is our objective(s). What are we looking for from them, and how. We should have a semi detailed plan of attack. This should include expected counterattacks, a possible two war front and how to defend that second front (the Ottomans hate us, and the Zulu are itching for a fight).

GL – we have a good chance of generating a GL in the war of Iroq aggression. Any thoughts on what to use him on (I would like to see us use him on the great library so we are not so reliant on tech trading, but that isn’t an option yet – no literacy. Keeping him around is not an option that I find palatable. So let’s come up with some ideas).

That is all I can think of for now. I am sure more will appear. It was a good chat. Thanks for all who showed up.

--Con
Old June 15, 2003, 11:39   #3
GodKing
Emperor

Screen shot (I had to use the upload service, and the last time I did that it only appeared as red X's when I wasn't logged on, so if that is the case, someone please let me know).
Attached Images:

--Con
Old June 15, 2003, 15:41   #4
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 21:45
I would've shown up, but I had the misfortune of oversleeping.

Also, if needed, I'm free to play the game any time during the week.
Old June 16, 2003, 08:41   #5
Moonbars
Apolyton UniversityCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Desolation RowC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Great Leader
Should we get a GL, I would favour using him on an army, and hence increasing the probability of generating more leaders we can use on wonders - I suspect the Great Library will be built by the time we could hope to have a leader, and it will be obsolete fairly soon anyway.
Old June 16, 2003, 17:27   #6
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 04:45
Godking - that download link does not work for me. Can you attach it to a post in this thread?
Old June 16, 2003, 17:42   #7
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Question?

Being that we are NOT religious, would it not be better to go straight to Republic?

Yeah, yeah, war weariness...hell, Ill deal with WW any day in Republic and still warmonger my way through a game...

Re: the leader. If we have lit, go for the library. I say go for an army if not. After that army wins one battle, disband it in a city as a prebuild for a wonder...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old June 16, 2003, 17:49   #8
GodKing
Emperor

I would gladly show the images. However, they are huge (which is why I had to use the upload service) and I am clueless in how to make the file size smaller. I have no graphics programs on my machine so I cannot just click a button and make the resolution worse (which is what I used to do). So, I can trim the hell out of it and then put it in a thread unless someone else can help me out.

--Con
Old June 16, 2003, 18:03   #9
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 05:45
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Question?

Being that we are NOT religious, would it not be better to go straight to Republic?

Yeah, yeah, war weariness...hell, Ill deal with WW any day in Republic and still warmonger my way through a game...

Re: the leader. If we have lit, go for the library. I say go for an army if not. After that army wins one battle, disband it in a city as a prebuild for a wonder...
hi ,

that indeed would be a beter option

is a debate needed on this , ...

have a nice day
Old June 16, 2003, 18:51   #10
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

sorry I havn't done this sooner.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	975 1.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	47890  
Old June 16, 2003, 18:51   #11
GodKing
Emperor

True, but we get Monarchy in 26 turns, and who knows how long til we get republic, nor how much we will have to pay for it. So far as we know, all other teams are in despotism and we will be the first to get Monarchy (or any advanced gov't) and be able to whore it around. Probably one of the last times we will be able to do so for quite a while. So ya, I think this does need debate.

--Con
Old June 16, 2003, 18:53   #12
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Alot of map trading went on so it's time to increase the opd post count.

Persian land, lots of coastal cities.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	975 2.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	47891  
Old June 16, 2003, 18:56   #13
OPD
King

Celtic land not so many cities by the sea and the rest of the zulus. Zulus territory looking very 1 dimentional it reaches from our land right to the end of the celt's land.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	975 3.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	47894  
Old June 16, 2003, 18:59   #14
OPD
King

Finally the Koreans. Not exactly the best land you could hope for. That desert looks extremely harsh.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	975 4.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	47895  
Old June 16, 2003, 19:04   #15
OPD
King

These maps are very interesting looks like we are in quite a good position. If we can secure our continent we'll have a decent advantage over all the civs close to us.

I guess we have Togas and BFM to thank for giving us a good map to work with. Even on deity this is definately doable.
Old June 16, 2003, 21:29   #16
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 20:45
So when are we having the turn chat? Friday?
Old June 17, 2003, 00:48   #17
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

GF,

Whore, yes, go ahead.

I still am not all that fond of spending another 5 turns or so in anarchy when we get Republic in 40-50 turns or so. I think there is a trade off to be had, sure, but I typically will suck it up and deal with despotism until then. (As non-religious)

Just imagine all those juicy Iriquois core cities that will likely be size 4+. For just two Iriquois citizens, we have cheap temples in all those cities to ease the burden when we DO go to Republic. Otherwise, we will be spending our hard earned gold that would be better saved for techs and/or upgrades.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old June 17, 2003, 02:59   #18
Moonbars
Apolyton UniversityCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Desolation RowC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

"Re: the leader. If we have lit, go for the library. I say go for an army if not. After that army wins one battle, disband it in a city as a prebuild for a wonder..."

You can't switch to a wonder from a build that has been rushed in any way, unless there is a special case for armies that I am unaware of.
Old June 17, 2003, 06:43   #19
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 05:45
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
GF,

Whore, yes, go ahead.

I still am not all that fond of spending another 5 turns or so in anarchy when we get Republic in 40-50 turns or so. I think there is a trade off to be had, sure, but I typically will suck it up and deal with despotism until then. (As non-religious)

Just imagine all those juicy Iriquois core cities that will likely be size 4+. For just two Iriquois citizens, we have cheap temples in all those cities to ease the burden when we DO go to Republic. Otherwise, we will be spending our hard earned gold that would be better saved for techs and/or upgrades.
hi ,

, should we make a thread out of this or not , .....

indeed losing twice 4-6 turns aint that nice , ........

have a great day
Old June 19, 2003, 12:32   #20
CiverDan
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Lux InvictaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Roleplay
Prince

Local Time: 22:45
Do we have day/time for the chat yet?
Old June 19, 2003, 22:20   #21
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

I hope no one is waiting for me to play. Some rather annoying relatives have dropped by, and this is the first time I've been on the computer for a while now. Count until Tuesday...
Old June 19, 2003, 22:51   #22
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Between work and 'Poly struggles this week, I haven't gotten around to prepping plans as GodKing requested. Sorry.

I will do so as soon as I can, hopefully tomorrow morning.
Old June 20, 2003, 11:46   #23
GodKing
Emperor

OK. RL sucks. I will not be able to do a chat until late on tuesday (6pm for me - which is around midnight for most euros). That sucks, but I cannot change it. By reading OctavianX's post above, I am hoping that OPD can do one this weekend - even if it is just for a turn or two. Sorry people.

GK

--Con
Old June 20, 2003, 16:41   #24
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Re: Great Leader for army, what would are likely wonder options be?

Considering that were on Deity level and there's 24 total civs, if the Great Libary is adviable when we get a Great Leader, I'd recomend using him for that purpose if we don't already have Theology by then.
Old June 20, 2003, 20:03   #25
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
OK. RL sucks. I will not be able to do a chat until late on tuesday (6pm for me - which is around midnight for most euros). That sucks, but I cannot change it. By reading OctavianX's post above, I am hoping that OPD can do one this weekend - even if it is just for a turn or two. Sorry people.

GK
GK - don't sweat it. RL rules.

I am free this weekend and Tuesday evening. So if the VP wants to run turn-chat or turn-thread, either is OK with me.
Old June 21, 2003, 05:58   #26
OPD
King

Could probably do a chat this time tommorrow. Starting +/- 2hours this time tommorrow depending on what times people are free. Have to go to work in about 7 hours time today and am working at the same time tommorrow. So evening chats are kinda hard. If morning chat would be too much I could do a later chat starting sometime between 12 and 1 am uk time tommorrow/mon. But that would have to be shorter although probably more convienient for me.

So when and what time? It is up to you people
Old June 21, 2003, 06:16   #27
OPD
King

In simpler terms pick a time.
Sunday
Somewhere in 8am - 4pm GMT (=UK time -1)
Or 11/12am GMT - ? (not too long a chat.)

Don't plan on doing too many turns prob about 3 depending on how much stuff there is to do. Although it's important that ministers are there to make sure I don't arse things up.

Last edited by OPD; June 21, 2003 at 06:31.
Old June 21, 2003, 08:41   #28
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

How about 11am gmt and keep it to 2 hours. That would be 7-9 am edt for eastern North America.

Via chat? Poly or Undernet?
Old June 21, 2003, 10:45   #29
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

I like the morning time - 11am GMT.

This is the first day in the last 4 or so that 'Poly is running smoothly!
Old June 21, 2003, 21:41   #30
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

I can make 11am GMT.