Old June 15, 2003, 13:45   #1
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Local Time: 23:46
Local Date: November 1, 2010
UN Again?
Though I brought this up long ago, in a month far past, I thought it might be time to ressurect the UN idea. If recent game events have shown us anything, it is that things can spiral out of control pretty quickly, and that perhaps a more structure forum for world discussion would be in order. A place for teams to put forth proposals to the world, or to report treaty violations, etc. Would the teams be willing to join such a forum, and help create the by-laws that would run it fairly?
Old June 15, 2003, 14:01   #2
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 05:46
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I don't think it will, unlike CIV, the real world doesn't have preset victory conditions (unless worldpeace and other similar one can be discribed as such).
Coupled with not enough different civs being around to get many different opinions, view and allegions etc...
I think it's gonna be hard to pull it off.

PS. I have stated this at the very beginning too, when laws when some peeps try to introduce laws.
I have absolutely no interest in checking a 100 pages in order to see if I'm allowed to say/do something or not.
Laws are there to be broken, the more laws the more opportunities you give/get.

Let's go with common sence. (I think what recent events have shown us, is where the line is. Let us all try not to cross it (again?)
Old June 15, 2003, 14:22   #3
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Local Time: 23:46
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Well, this is also a proposal to help bring back that whole "fun" thing I'm always hearing so much about. I mean, c'mon, who wouldn't want to debate fishing rights off the coast of Southern Bob in a public forum And, also, I know there was some objection to the idea of groups of team imposing rules on other teams, but that would never work. The word of the UN would only be law to the extent that teams abide by it (just like the real UN ). If the ND declares war on RP, and the UN votes that they shouldn't do that, ND can still go ahead and do it anyway. Private diplomacy will still reign supreme, this will just be for some of the public stuff and for a spot of amusement.
Old June 15, 2003, 14:42   #4
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ZargonX
If the ND declares war on RP.
Don't make suggesions to them.

Come on guy's we have our armies ready. Do you have them too?

The nations on this planet shouldn't be subject to laws already. Let's enjoy sovereignity first. UN and supranational laws are something of modern times...

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old June 15, 2003, 14:59   #5
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I'm not saying it couldn't be fun, but it will be very time consuming and since it's usualy the same persons posting ,(from various teams on various topics) I'm assuming that most teams consist of just a couple of regulars aided by people who just don't have the time to spend here all day.

Plus there is too much self-interest involved, not many members are going to vote against 'resolution A' if 'resolution B' is going to be more lucrative (IE help them winning).
Yes, this also partly true in the real one, but again, there is a difference, which I'm sure you are to fill in for yourself ( people don't really die/starve here, could be one).

But don't worry, I'm sure I'm going to be a minority on the 'NO' (it's not really a no from me, I just don't think it's going to work, call me reluctant ) bench, I'm convinced you are going to find many people interested and willing.

Forgot this in my last post;
Good to see people take initiative in trying to keep this game fun and trying to find solutions to possible problems.
Also for trying to spice things up and even make it more fun