Old June 15, 2003, 21:59   #1
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 23:47
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Famous people comment on GS chickens
GEORGE W. BUSH: We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road or not. The chicken is either with us or it is against us. There is no middle ground here.

COLIN POWELL: Now at the left of the screen, you clearly see the satellite image of the chicken crossing the road.

HANS BLIX: We have reason to believe there is a chicken, but we have not yet been allowed access to the other side of the road.

MOHAMMED ALDOURI (Beta cleverly disguised as the Iraqi ambassador): The chicken did not cross the road. This is a complete fabrication. We don't even have a chicken.

RALPH NADER: The chicken's habitat on the original side of the road had been polluted by unchecked industrialist greed. The chicken did not reach the unspoiled habitat on the other side of the road because it was crushed by the wheels of a gas-guzzling SUV.

PAT BUCHANAN: To steal a job from a decent, hard-working American.

RUSH LIMBAUGH: I don't know why the chicken crossed the road, but I'll bet it was getting a government grant to cross the road, and I'll bet someone out there is already forming a support group to help chickens with crossing-the-road syndrome. Can you believe this? How much more of this can real Americans take? Chickens crossing the road paid for by tax dollars, and when I say tax dollars, I'm talking about your money, money the government took from you to build roads for chickens to cross.

MARTHA STEWART: No one called to warn me which way that chicken was going. I had a standing order at the farmer's market to sell my eggs when the price dropped to a certain level. No little bird gave me any insider information.

JERRY FALWELL: Because the chicken was gay! Isn't it obvious? Can't you people see the plain truth in front of your face? The chicken was going to the "other side." That's what they call it -- the other side. Yes, my friends, that chicken is gay. And, if you eat that chicken, you will become gay too. I say we boycott all chickens until we sort out this abomination that the liberal media whitewashes with seemingly harmless phrases like "the other side."

DR. SEUSS:

Did the chicken cross the road?
Did he cross it with a toad?
Yes, The chicken crossed the road,
But why it crossed, I've not been told!

DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.: I envision a world where all chickens will be free to cross roads without having their motives called into question.

GRANDPA: In my day, we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Someone told us that the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough for us.

BARBARA WALTERS: Isn't that interesting? In a few moments we will be listening to the chicken tell, for the first time, the heart-warming story of how it experienced a serious case of molting and went on to accomplish its life-long dream of crossing the road.

JOHN LENNON: Imagine all the chickens crossing roads in peace.

ARISTOTLE: It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.

KARL MARX: It was an historical inevitability.

VOLTAIRE: I may not agree with what the chicken did, but I will defend to the death its right to do it.

CAPTAIN KIRK: To boldly go where no chicken has gone before.

FOX MULDER: You saw it cross the road with your own eyes! How many more chickens have to cross before you believe it?

SIGMUND FREUD: The fact that you are at all concerned that the chicken crossed the road reveals your underlying sexual insecurity.

BILL GATES: I have just released eChicken 2003, which will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your checkbook - and Internet Explorer is an inextricable part of eChicken.

ALBERT EINSTEIN: Did the chicken really cross the road or did the road move beneath the chicken?

COLONEL SANDERS: I missed one?
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old June 15, 2003, 22:18   #2
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

JOHNNY ROTTEN OF THE SEX PISTOLS: How did the chicken cross the road? Stapled to the punk rocker.

HAMLET: Alas, poor rooster, I knew him well....
Old June 15, 2003, 22:21   #3
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Re: Famous people comment on GS chickens
Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus

MOHAMMED ALDOURI (Beta cleverly disguised as the Iraqi ambassador): The chicken did not cross the road. This is a complete fabrication. We don't even have a chicken.
Dammm.... foiled again...
Old June 15, 2003, 22:23   #4
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 21:47
Deleted.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; June 22, 2003 at 09:43.
Old June 15, 2003, 22:32   #5
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Especially when they are 30 feet tall and breathing fire...
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Old June 15, 2003, 23:13   #6
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:47
Local Date: November 2, 2010

Napoleon: "They're Delicious!"
- Phantom of the Opera
Old June 15, 2003, 23:19   #7
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Chicken: "Mmmmm, tastes like Voxians..........."
Old June 15, 2003, 23:38   #8
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

"I like my Chicken Bar-B-Qued" - E_T

E_T
Old June 16, 2003, 00:00   #9
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

BILL CLINTON: I did not have sexual relations with that chicken!
Old June 16, 2003, 00:06   #10
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

CLINTON : I did not cross the road with that chicken.

BLAIR : * looks at poll result * We must...find...a way...in the interest of the British....community....for the chicken....to cross....the...road with..as little damage...as possible.

ELVIS : I hope you brought some friends along the road, 'cause I hungry, thank you very much.

KOFI ANNAN : I hope that we as an international community can find a way to let the chicken cross the road safely.

ARMSTRONG : One small step for a chicken, one giant leap for chickenhood.

GINSBERG : crossed chicken road, endless thoughts, shoes, in vain, the other side, the other side

Celine : The chicken has crossed the road on a journey to the end of the night.
Old June 16, 2003, 00:29   #11
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 19:47
RALPH NADER: "Save the chickens! Eat a banana!"

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old June 16, 2003, 00:39   #12
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Homer Simpson: Mmmmm... Chicken...
Old June 16, 2003, 00:45   #13
Theseus
Emperor

ARRIAN: Chicken want TANK.

Old June 16, 2003, 01:31   #14
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Theseus: Chicken Spirit !!

Ming: the Chicken is TOAST!
--Woody Allen

Last edited by Tiberius; June 16, 2003 at 01:39.
Old June 16, 2003, 01:34   #15
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 04:47
WORF: Klingon chicken do not cross roads!
Old June 16, 2003, 03:11   #16
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Isaac Newton:
For every chicken crossing the road, there an equal chicken crossing the road in the opposite direction.

Al Capone:
The chicken can cross the street much easier with a kind word and a gun than it can with a kind word alone

Rene Descartes
The chicken is crossing the road, therefore it is.

Sherlock Holmes
The chicken is not here, therefor it must have crossed the road. As improbable as it seems, this must be the truth.

Joan Baez
"How many roads must a chicken walk down
Before they call him a hawk
The answer, my friend, is blowing in the storm,
The answer is blowing in the storm"

and finally, in the forthcoming "History of chickens" movie:
Mel Brooks, acting as the Stormchicken: "It is good to be the chicken!"
--Woody Allen
Old June 16, 2003, 04:30   #17
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 03:47
Quote:
Originally posted by alva
BLAIR : * looks at poll result * We must...find...a way...in the interest of the British....community....for the chicken....to cross....the...road with..as little damage...as possible.

Quote:
GINSBERG : crossed chicken road, endless thoughts, shoes, in vain, the other side, the other side
Old June 16, 2003, 08:25   #18
Beta
lifer
Deity

Marilyn Monroe

Come on over to my side of the road, you big chicken, and I'll show you a good time.
Old June 16, 2003, 08:40   #19
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Another Monroe: Happy Birth-day, Mr. Chicken... Happy Birth-day, Mr. Chicken... ooh, my dress!

JFK: "Ask not what your chicken can do for you, ask what you can do for your chicken!"

And lastly, Jerry Seinfeld: "Why - do chicken - ride the bus? Who are these chicken??"
- Phantom of the Opera
Old June 16, 2003, 09:39   #20
Beta
lifer
Deity

ALL I NEED TO KNOW IN LIFE I LEARNED FROM THE CHICKENS

Chickens come in all shapes and sizes.

There are many ways of crossing the road.

We must all eventually cross that road.

Watch out for transport trucks on the road.

And, deep down, Voxians really are OK people.

Last edited by Beta; June 16, 2003 at 09:56.
Old June 16, 2003, 10:42   #21
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

The Chicken: "What! **** off!"

He seemed to say.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old June 16, 2003, 10:45   #22
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

"Have I left the gas on? .... No, I'm a ****ing chicken!"
Old June 16, 2003, 10:48   #23
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

- Well we're out of Cake! We only had 3 bits and we didn't expect such a rush!

- So my choice is "... or Death?" ..... well I'll have the chicken then please.
Old June 16, 2003, 11:19   #24
Shiber
Emperor

Izzards!!
- Phantom of the Opera
Old June 16, 2003, 11:21   #25
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Gizzards, actually, wouldn't you think?

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old June 16, 2003, 11:23   #26
Shiber
Emperor

- Phantom of the Opera
Old June 16, 2003, 16:58   #27
Arrian
Deity

By the way, Theseus, you first post rocks. I forgot to mention that it actually enduced laughter out loud @ work.

I particularly like Dubya, Powell, Nader, Falwell, Freud, Einstein, and Sanders.

-Arrian

Old June 16, 2003, 17:16   #28
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 22:47
einstein one is just simply AWESOME

Old June 16, 2003, 17:47   #29
redstar1
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStates
Prince

Local Time: 04:47
Father Jack Hackett: FECKIN' FEATHERED EEEJITTSS!
Old June 16, 2003, 18:22   #30
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Re: Famous people comment on GS chickens
Quote:
MOHAMMED ALDOURI (Iraqi ambassador): The chicken did not cross the road. This is a complete fabrication. We don't even have a chicken.
Not only do we not have a chicken, we have no roads that a chicken would want to cross. Roads, what roads? We don't have any american roads. We invented roads and chickens, but we no longer have either of them. We gave them away to the americans after they threatened us.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con