Old May 5, 2003, 08:38   #1
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 04:51
Local Date: November 2, 2010
PTWDG II: Mohammed al-Sahaf Team thread
Who : The diciples of Iraqi information minister Mohammed al-Sahaf, currently on administrative leave.

Our Goals :
#2 To conquer the world, no less.
#1 To inform everyone about it.

Rules : Every member must not only always tell the thruth but also do so at every oppurtunity and with as many word as possible. Members are allowed to be rude both against each other and non-members if done with style. Rudeness without style are only accepted against non-members.

Qualifications : Honesty, imagination and denial.
Skills in Orwellian newspeak and proper spelling are also welcome.

Tribe : A militaristic and religious one. The Atzecs are a well known tribe from old mesopotamia.

Name and secret handshake are not yet decided.

Our government are now taking shape. There are already a consensus for:
Minister of Truth and Enlightenment
Minister of Peace
Other position are suggested but still debated :
Minister of Information
Minister of Banana Quality Control and Production
Messenger of good news
Über-Dictator
Minister of Grammar and Speling
Chief Executive Officer of Plumbing and Sanitary Facilities

We have a rich heritage of mottos left us by our Great Master.
"Who are in control, they are not in control of anything - they don't even control themselves!"

Members :
bongo
Alex , The Apolytoner Formerly Known As Alexnm
Krakan
OPD
Thud

We will without doubt be the greatest team ever! And when others see our greatness they will leave their inferior team and come to us begging to let them in. Remember, we speak only the truth.

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/

Last edited by bongo; May 30, 2003 at 03:54.
bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2003, 15:21   #2
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 00:51
I'm sure that the delay in posting this thread is a clever tactic to lure our enemies into thinking that we would not mount a significative resistance, but now they know that we're alive and ready to face them in the cruelest possible manner.

(Phew! I thought I would have to start this thread after all... )
Old May 5, 2003, 15:44   #3
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Welcome thruthful friend. Our style of play will of course include some very innovative and cunning strategy. We will throw shoes at the infidels, and steal their bananas.
Old May 5, 2003, 19:35   #4
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 23:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Imposters!!
Old May 5, 2003, 22:30   #5
Krakan
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-Sahaf
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:51
I have a large quantity of bio-banana warheads stockpiled in my bedroom. I relish the chance to conquer the world with these super advanced weapons and to steal the vast shoe resources of Team Sunshine.

Krakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2003, 00:06   #6
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 22:51
r u guys gonna be persia? (modern day iraq)
Old May 6, 2003, 02:27   #7
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 05:51
Isn't it Babylon (modern day Iraq)? The city of Babylon was somewhere south of today's Baghdad and I think Basra is the former Ur.

AFAIK Persia is Iran.
--Woody Allen
Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2003, 03:17   #8
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:51
Quote:
Originally posted by Calc II
r u guys gonna be persia? (modern day iraq)
The Ottomans would be better choice since the Turks actually contolled the region(Mesopotamia) that is now Iraq from around 1500 to the late 1800's

Before that there were the Mongols, the Assyrians, Babylononians and the Sumerians in contol of Mesopotamia, which by the way is a Greek word meaning "between two river's." The Tigris and the Euphrates.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2003, 03:38   #9
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 14:51
Aren't you guys all missing the fact that modern-day Iraq is in fact Arab?

(apart from their assorted minorities, of course...)
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2003, 03:43   #10
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

GT is right. Modern Iraq is made up mostly of Arabs, with some other Middle Eastern peoples mixed in for good fun. So if you wanted to be ethnically correct, you'd need to be the Arabs.
Jon Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2003, 03:52   #11
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:51
Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
GT is right. Modern Iraq is made up mostly of Arabs, with some other Middle Eastern peoples mixed in for good fun. So if you wanted to be ethnically correct, you'd need to be the Arabs.
We could or could not be talking about modern day, Trip & GT. There are certainly no Babylonians around today is there? Or what about Persians? The choice of Civ that would cover this region inhabitied by Modern Day Iraq is what I was geting at, not neccessarily who's there today and tommorow. The game starts in 4000 BC around when Sumerians were in control of the region. That being that, there' no "perfect" Civ for this region. If you wanted to mimick current day situations, then Arabia would be the way to go.

You get my drift.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2003, 04:06   #12
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

But we're talking the Minister of Disinformation here, man!

Sounds like an ad for Ozzy Osbourne or something.
Jon Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2003, 10:25   #13
Thirgaral
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG2 Sunshine
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Krakan
I have a large quantity of bio-banana warheads stockpiled in my bedroom. I relish the chance to conquer the world with these super advanced weapons and to steal the vast shoe resources of Team Sunshine.

It was an accident...you know that a Team Sunshine member never would do that on purpose

Thirgaral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2003, 11:19   #14
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Re: PTWDG II: Mohammed al-Sahaf Team thread
Quote:
Originally posted by bongo
Who : The diciples of former Iraqi information minister Mohammed a-Sahaf.
He hasn't left his job, he's just on an administrative leave.
In fact, he's commanding the Iraqi armed forces currently besieging Washington DC. Infidels!!!@#$!
- Phantom of the Opera
Shiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2003, 17:37   #15
bongo
lifer
Emperor

You missed the point here, wether Mohammed al-Sahaf is 'former' iraqi information minister or just on administrative leave is completely irrelevant. What matters here is that WE are his diciples and will enter (and win of course) this game following his golden rule. We tell the truth.

It really doesn't matter which tribe we play, we'll win. The infidels will suffer badly. They will be left starving in the desert, crying for their mothers, and bananas.

Krakan , welcome among us. Any opinions on which tribe you should go for? Honesty and thruthfulness are sadly not among civ3 traits.

Last edited by bongo; May 6, 2003 at 17:56.
bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2003, 21:02   #16
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

You are still just a bunch of imposters!!! Infidel imposters!
Old May 6, 2003, 21:58   #17
Krakan
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-Sahaf
Chieftain

Well....in my opinion, Persia is not a good choice, since that is modern day Iran. I think the Arabs fit more civ wise with modern Iraq ( culturally and geographically ). However, whatever civ is finally decided, our forces will undoubtedly prevail over the savage infidels comprising the rest of the world.
Old May 7, 2003, 01:10   #18
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 21:51
I did not post in this thread

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Master Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2003, 06:45   #19
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I wanna join the best and most hansome team with the most members
Old May 7, 2003, 07:26   #20
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

IMHO Babylon would suit this team best, since it is as close as you can get to modern day Iraq.
Of course, this is only a suggestion; I am not a member of this team so I have no right to vote for or against any civ.
- Phantom of the Opera
Shiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2003, 08:17   #21
Thirgaral
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG2 Sunshine
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by OPD

I wanna join the best and most hansome team with the most members
Team Sunshine is both the best and the most handsome team...

have a nice sunshine day
Thirgaral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2003, 10:25   #22
bongo
lifer
Emperor

OPD, welcome friend. May the thruth be with you. Oops

Babylonians are religious and scientific right? I was thinking that a civ with religious and militaristic would be more appropriate. Don't remember which tribe got those traits, have to look it up.

Thirgaral , remember that we always tell the thruth, always I tell you.
Old May 7, 2003, 13:31   #23
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 00:51
Quote:
Originally posted by bongo
I was thinking that a civ with religious and militaristic would be more appropriate. Don't remember which tribe got those traits, have to look it up.
Celts, Japanese and Aztecs.
Old May 7, 2003, 17:12   #24
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
IMHO Babylon would suit this team best, since it is as close as you can get to modern day Iraq.
Of course, this is only a suggestion; I am not a member of this team so I have no right to vote for or against any civ.
You have seen too many Hollywood movies that is why you live in such a crazy dream world. The Aztecs are the closest to modern day Iraq. Why Bagdad is Turkish for "home of the most intelligent Aztec fathers."

Why do you think that the Aztec UU is called the Jaguar warrior when all Jaguar cars are made in Iraq.
OPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2003, 17:36   #25
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

I was mistaken before. Yes persia would be more Iran not Iraq.
Old May 8, 2003, 21:06   #26
Krakan
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-Sahaf
Chieftain

Hmm....so how are we going to divide up responsibilities for the game? I volunteer to be Minister of Banana Quality Control and Production. . I will not rest until all the turn into :.
Old May 8, 2003, 22:40   #27
Zero
King

This team looks great. Its way better than my lame Team Monkey. I should have seen the light and the truth before and joined the one and only team that has only the coolest members from poly but now I am stuck, like the rest of us, with some lame ass team that we created because we thought it would be cool. Boy are we in for some reality check when we start the game. Mohammed al-Sahaf Team is gonna soooo r0x0r. (wait thats L337 team )

[/Mohammed al-Sahaf Team style speech]

*Calc throws monkey poo at Mohammed al-Sahaf Team*

Last edited by Zero; May 8, 2003 at 22:46.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2003, 03:16   #28
bongo
lifer
Emperor

This team(and theme) has without doubt the greatest potential for cool titles. I was thinking of placing myself as Minister of Peace or perhaps Minister of good news. We obvioulsy need an Über-Dictator and a Minister of Grammar and Speling as well.

Calc, if you choose to CF me might be able to provide you with a job as Chief Executive Officer of Plumbing and Sanitary Facilities.
Old May 9, 2003, 06:43   #29
OPD
King

Just for the record we no longer do those cruel experiments on monkeys in our nation and we now only perform tests on monkeys that have died of natural causes. Also we have stopped eating monkeys except for special occasions like wednesdays or sundays or if the sun is shining and when we do we are sure to give the fur back to the relatives of the deceased. We don't make monkey fur coats anymore.

I'd say we should have a millitary commander called minister of peace. Then domestic min called foreign minister and foreign min called domestic min.
Old May 9, 2003, 06:56   #30
Krakan
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-Sahaf
Chieftain

How about a Minister of Truth and Enlightenment? He can spread the war reports and educate the savage peoples of the other civs as to the true nature of the world. The lies Team spreads are too happy and noone ( save myself and a few others ) is equipped to even understand Team L337 H4x0rs' reports.