Old April 30, 2003, 15:31   #1
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 19:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
PTWDGII: Sunshine Team Thread
Why not start spreadin' the love in our very own thread?

Made this thread so that happy people with good ideas can post them and feel the warm glow of acceptance and understanding from their sunshine brothers and sisters (all genders and sexual orientations are happily accepted!)

I have a few ideas that I hope will help our peaceful body will praise and embrace.

We should have a "Guru" as our spiritual leader and guide to help keep us all on track in our quest for world peace and happiness.

All teammembers should have an equal voice, no one is better than anyone on Team Sunshine, and everyone's voice will be heard and respected as all viewpoints and opinions are equally valid in the world of Happy Sunshine, even the opinions of a Troll like Panag (OMG did I actually say that! I take that back. Maybe I need to go to more Happy Groups and get some Sensitivity Training!)

We should plant some flowers outside of the place where we meet. Flowers look really pretty and make people smile.

We don't need to have people who think about horrible things like war. That's an aweful occupation. Instead of having military people we should have important jobs like a Motivational Speaker to keep the team active and excited!

--Togas

(added)

The following people are members of our Sunshine Club!

Master Zen
BigFree
WhiteBandit
Togas
Wooglin
Thirgaral
Manya
E_T
Trip

Please feel free to join by posting in this thread. We need to get to 10 to make ourselves official!
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Last edited by Togas; May 9, 2003 at 00:18.
Togas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2003, 15:43   #2
Thirgaral
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG2 Sunshine
Warlord

Local Time: 04:51
Local Date: November 2, 2010
oh, this place is so nice. I feel like I'm at home already

letīs start nominating people for the occupations....

I'll be Captain Sunshine...a super hero, helping those in bad weather

Oh no....itīs dark outside!!! where's the sun???

have a sunshine day...tomorrow
Thirgaral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2003, 15:50   #3
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 23:51
wimps...
jdd2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2003, 15:54   #4
Thirgaral
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by jdd2007
wimps...
Gently becoming a little mad on you...

You need sunshine to brighten up your life!!

Old April 30, 2003, 16:03   #5
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

I can already guess what Team Sunshine will say to their enemies:

"Stick your ____ where the Sun doesn't Shine!"

Hot Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30, 2003, 16:20   #6
Thirgaral
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by dejon
I can already guess what Team Sunshine will say to their enemies:

"Stick your ____ where the Sun doesn't Shine!"

no no no, we'd never be so rude
Instead we say: "Why don't you go some other place where the sunshine won't disturb your not so nice intentions?"

now everyone, this is a serious thread, ok??

Old April 30, 2003, 19:01   #7
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:51
Quote:
Originally posted by Thirgaral

no no no, we'd never be so rude
Instead we say: "Why don't you go some other place where the sunshine won't disturb your not so nice intentions?"

now everyone, this is a serious thread, ok??

Exactly!!

If you don't believe in Sunshine then bring your rain to another thread.

Only Happy, Sunny, Bright, Loving, Sexy peole need apply. A photo submission to Hot or Not is requested to be approved for membership to Team Sunshine; since we are to be Sexy Sunshiny people.

We on Team Sunshine expect all member's to "score" regulary.

This: !

Is to be followed by this:

Have a Sunshiny DAY!
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2003, 06:15   #8
Thirgaral
Warlord

Thank you very much for those smileys BigFree...
Hereīs some more from spacespider:

Man, You'll see a lot of these smileys from now on...
just look at my latest score:

And of course, the very official sexysunshine-smiley:

Old May 2, 2003, 02:23   #9
Wooglin
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Chieftain

Local Time: 22:51
So, man ... I think that we totally need to be, like fun and cool to the other teams. I mean .... some of them are funny, and some of them are all about food, and these are things that are good for a sunshine team. I mean, what's better than a picnic on a sunshine-ey day. A picnic with jokesters thats what!!! Let's try to assimilate them into our sunshine culture of love.

--Woog
Wooglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2003, 08:38   #10
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Since Togas started this thread, we need to get him to edit in the team member's names. Our 'Honary' leader right now is MasterZen; I'm sure he has a few ideas to bring to the table in a bit. He knows how to spread the Sunshine around!

Old May 2, 2003, 13:07   #11
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

First off, I need to say that ALL members of team sunshine are sexy, attractive people because of our positive attitudes and self-image. When we wake up in the morning and see that bright, smiley face and know that it's going to be a sunshiney day -- that kind of positive outlook makes you attractive to everyone around you!

Submissions to "Hot or Not", while perfectly acceptable, are not required. We all know we're attractive, and we don't need to seek outside validation of our inner and outer beauty.

So anyone who has a Sunshine team attitude can join us. Just post a short note and post your ideas and we'll welcome both.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old May 2, 2003, 20:50   #12
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 21:51
I'm BAAAAACK!!!!

well, these were very unsunshiny days for me, my phone company decided NOT to spread the love to my home and I lacked internet access.

So you know what I did? Today I went to their office, AND SPREAD SOME LOOOOOOVIN' they were so thrilled that they had a change of heart, in fact they even changed their logo from their dull blue telephone to a nice happy face sun with a phone!!!

See what a little lovin' can do to the world

have a nice sunshine day

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Master Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2003, 01:21   #13
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Any choices for sunshininess civs? What is the most happy, loving civ out there?

Let's see:

Low sunshininess factor:

Russia (too ugly)
Germany (too serious)
England (too stuck up)
Greece (looks like he had a bad day)
Mongols (waaay to ugly)
Spain (hot babe figurehead, but doesn't look happy)
Scandinavia (no way..)
Celts (nah)

Medium sunshininess factor:

Egypt
China (although being the most warmonger would be very ironic)
USA
France
Zulus
Iroquiois
Ottomans
Arabs
Carthage
Korea (sucks though)

High sunshininess factor:

Japan (looks VERY funny and has the funniest quotes)
Aztecs (also looks funny)
Babylonians (Hammurabi rules! he's the funniest looking)
India (how can Ghandi not be sunshiny???)
Persia (Xerxes also looks funny)

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old May 4, 2003, 01:27   #14
Master Zen
Deity

My personal choice would have to be India of course, problem is India sucks, I would rather play Japan or Persia.

have a nice sunshine day

Old May 4, 2003, 02:00   #15
BigFree
Deity

I think you made an error; Greece is definatley a "Sunshiny" Civ. Commercial and Scientific; those are peace loving traits!

Last edited by BigFree; June 12, 2006 at 00:19.
Old May 4, 2003, 02:42   #16
Wooglin
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Chieftain

Local Time: 22:51
I think that the sunshine factor of Japan is wonderful.

-Woog
Wooglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2003, 02:43   #17
Master Zen
Deity

Well, I guess the consensus at the moment is to pick Greece. No problem with me

have a nice sunshine day

Old May 4, 2003, 03:42   #18
Master Zen
Deity

Wooglin and Thirgaral, check your PMs

Old May 4, 2003, 07:13   #19
Thirgaral
Warlord

Quote:
Wooglin and Thirgaral, check your PMs
just did...the chatroom was very empty though...and those in there was asleep....

Also, I think we should be Japan, since they have Yoga and stuff Itīs just that itīs militaristic......could we mod it so it'll commercial instead?

and also...we must all help to spread sunshine in that evil team puritan thread!!

Old May 4, 2003, 10:26   #20
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 05:51
hi ,

you still no to work on those diplo skills , ....

"even the opinions of a Troll like Panag"

have a nice day
Panag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2003, 12:03   #21
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Thirgaral

just did...the chatroom was very empty though...and those in there was asleep....

Also, I think we should be Japan, since they have Yoga and stuff Itīs just that itīs militaristic......could we mod it so it'll commercial instead?

and also...we must all help to spread sunshine in that evil team puritan thread!!

We are usually in the chat about after 8 PM EST almost every day, most of the time we stay up very late discussing sunshiny things.

Have a nice sunshine day

Old May 4, 2003, 12:05   #22
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
hi ,

you still no to work on those diplo skills , ....

"even the opinions of a Troll like Panag"

have a nice day
Please respect the sunshininess of this thread and stop spamming in it which is not a groovy thing to do. Thank you very much.

Have a sunshine day

Old May 4, 2003, 12:10   #23
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 05:51
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen

Please respect the sunshininess of this thread and stop spamming in it which is not a groovy thing to do. Thank you very much.

Have a sunshine day
hi ,

one can wonder what is spam , ....

inwhere is the spam , ... no-where , why , simple , i am mentioned in the first post , therefore i could answer , ....

happy now , read before you post , ... how would you feel , .....

bye
Panag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2003, 14:30   #24
Togas
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
hi ,

one can wonder what is spam , ....

inwhere is the spam , ... no-where , why , simple , i am mentioned in the first post , therefore i could answer , ....

happy now , read before you post , ... how would you feel , .....

bye
This message has been brought to you by

Team Sunshine is against the killing of helpless friendly animals, and helpless friendly animals are killed to make spam.

If you eat Spam or regularly Spam (Like Panag) you probably won't feel very comfortable amongst the vegitarians of Team Sunshine.

In an effort to make you feel as happy and welcome as possible, we strongly suggest you consider a team that appreciates Spam, like Team Tabemono. I'm sure they enjoy Spam, especially when fried, lathered in mayonase, and placed between two pieces of white bread.

--Togas
Old May 4, 2003, 15:44   #25
Thirgaral
Warlord

Quote:
We are usually in the chat about after 8 PM EST almost every day, most of the time we stay up very late discussing sunshiny things.
That's about 4 hours from now, right??
which will be about 2 AM here in sweden...(aouch!!)

well...I might be there someday, after drinking LOTS of cofee
Old May 4, 2003, 16:06   #26
Master Zen
Deity

don't worry, we stay up VERY late... like up to 2-3 AM EST, that would be early morning in Sweden which should be much easier for you

BTW, if we're online in Apolyton, most likely we are also online at IRC at the same time. Right now me, Togas and WhiteBandint are online (and BigFree but he's asleep) so if you want to join us

Old May 6, 2003, 04:02   #27
BigFree
Deity

Hey, we need to get up to 10 member's; if you are on the fence and can't decide on what team to join, then remember this: We have cool smilies!
Plus you'll always be able to say:

Have a Sunshine Day!

What could be better than that?

Last edited by BigFree; June 12, 2006 at 00:20.
Old May 8, 2003, 16:19   #28
Togas
Emperor

Still having your doubts about joining Team Sunshine? Let me help clear out the haze and let the light of truth help warm your decision!

Peace. Love. Happiness. Friendship.

We're the first and only "peacenick" team, and one that will strive to win with our positive values, friendly relations, and undeniable culture. We also want to make the world a better place in the process, and spread "let the sun shine in!"

Your experience in our private thread will be filled with laughter and jokes, as we believe in having a good time.

Feel like you'll just get ignored on some other team? Join us! Everyone on our team is a special person, with individual talents and abilities and everyone on our team will be given their own important task that will help us acheive both enlightenment and true happiness. No team member is greater than any other team member and all team members will be treated equally.

We believe in Luxuries and We Love Being Sunshiney Days. Be prepared for lots of parties.

We will probably go with Greece or Japan (although Greece DOES seem a lot more sunshiney to me...). India and Babylon are also posibilities. Join up early and help make key decisions such as what our civ will be and where we'll have our next party.

We have the best DJs of ANY team around!

And of course, the best reason is you get to say: Have a Sunshine Day!

--Togas

Last edited by Togas; May 8, 2003 at 16:25.
Old May 8, 2003, 16:40   #29
Master Zen
Deity

Yes, we are a civilization based on happyness and joy and having a helluva good time. We believe in friendship with other teams too.

Oh, but just in case another team starts getting any un-sunshiny ideas, we might have to spread the joy elsewhere.

And we have just the person for it:

Our very own minister for spreading the joy: MR. HAPPY!!!

and you don't wanna make him angry

have a nice sunshine day

Old May 8, 2003, 18:56   #30
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I love the sun and the fun, call me in this team...

have a nice sunshine day

E_T
E_T is offline   Reply With Quote