Old June 18, 2003, 12:52   #1
Lennix
Settler

Local Time: 22:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Missed Something in the Switch
Hey all...

I know I'm a few years behind the power curve, but I've just now started to play CivIII; I've had it for a while, but there were things left undone in CivII that I wanted to master first.

Now, I think I've gotten a decent grasp of the interface, but there's one thing that I (perhaps in my blindness) cannot find...in C2, there was the nice little "report" screen you could access on any rival civ, that would display government type, military, and so on. I realize much of this is now in the individual advisor screens, but I can find nothing in any of my advisor screens that will tell me what type of government a rival civ has...please don't tell me I have to investigate a city each time I want to check up on my enemies.

Oh, and while I'm here...any particular reason the info boxes regarding foriegn wars/treaties/government changes were discarded? I miss them.

Thanks all,
- lennix
Old June 18, 2003, 12:58   #2
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Concerning your opponents government type: It can be found in your Military Advisors screen. On the righthand side of the screen you can pulldown a menu to choose the civilization that your curious about. Of course, this is only available for those civilzations that you know exist/have some form of contact (ie, unit wise or diplomatic contact with).