Old June 18, 2003, 16:50   #1
Mark123jansen
ACDG3 GaiansACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 05:00
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Unofficial: PEACE Constitution??
Should we have a constitution for our loose confederation of pirate clans? I everybody thinks we do, here is a short draft;
Constitution for the Pirate Expeditionary Armada and Chironian Explorers (PEACE)
(for public posting)
All captains who are a member of the Pirate Expeditionary Armada and Chironian Explorers (PEACE) shall not attack, loot, pillage, plunder, damage or capture the property of other member captain of cet orginasation. The yearly pay of each captain will consist of one crate of xenowine and 5 crates of xenorum each year. All PEACE citizens have the right to bear arm, but no PEACE citizen is allowed to use those arms against another PEACE citizen unless that citizens is guilty of mutiny or in case of a duel. Duels should preferably be decided in hand to hand combat.
No captain of the Pirate Expeditionary Armada and Chironian Explorers (PEACE) may attack bases and/or units of another faction unless the current faction leader has declared vendetta against the faction in question, or unless the current faction leader has authorized a surprise attack against cet faction.

(reserved for PEACE eyes only)
All captains reserve the right to take captured citizens from other faction as their slaves.
The PEACE faction will as long as it exists consider all oceans, sea's , other large bodies of water and any small island we can settle as it's soevereign territory, regardless of it's acutal territory. We declare this by right of the sea. Any faction constructing bases within the bounds of that territory Has given us enough reason to pronounce vendetta, immideatly or when the faction leader sees fit. If a faction is in possesion of a port base, considered vital to seaborne trade, PEACE captains have the right to capture these under circumstances stated above.

Any and all amendements are welcome.

Last edited by Mark123jansen; June 22, 2003 at 06:05.
Old June 19, 2003, 20:04   #2
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 21:00
Local Date: November 1, 2010

That about sums it up, though ye might add, "we get to steal anything of value" and a few shiver-me-timbers, just for authenticity
Old June 19, 2003, 20:58   #3
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 22:00
aarrr

I don't need no stinkin' constitution an' I wouldn't know how to read the thing anyhoo

I give me word to the Pirate Clans that I warn't make any war on any o' de 6 nations witout der say so an' I don't need no piece o' paper wit big fancified language fer to make me keep me word
Old June 21, 2003, 21:30   #4
Atlantian
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
Warlord

Local Time: 04:00
We might want to add somthing about claiming ports in the section for PEACE eyes only.

We may want to add a section giving the cap'ns the right to one free bottle of premium xenowine a year, and each citizen's right to carry arms openly and fight without weapons if there are fighting words said.

I like the section on slaves .

Cap'n Dameon McPherson, 'aka Atlantian'
"War forced us into the seas. When we came back upon the surface, it was a ruined and desolate place. We knew that it was not long before even the most secluded spot in the seas of Earth was polluted, so we left to the the sea of stars. That is how we came to be on Chiron."
-Dameon McPherson, Leader of the Atlantians, "The Exodus"

Last edited by Atlantian; June 21, 2003 at 21:39.
Old June 22, 2003, 06:06   #5
Mark123jansen
ACDG3 GaiansACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 05:00
Done
I'll give it another week and than I'll make it official via a poll okay?
Old June 26, 2003, 00:48   #6
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 22:00
/me nods...

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...