Old July 18, 2003, 08:21   #241
Hagbart
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 05:00
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by SeferKoheleth
It looks like Israel is going to be screwed AGAIN, as Firaxis caves into the Jew-haters in Europe and the Muslim world who can't tolerate the idea that *gasp* those damn Christ-killers still exist and *gasp* have started defending themselves rather than being good little Jews who board the trains without a problem...

If Israel isn't included, I won't buy the expansion-- just as I didn't buy PTW because Israel wasn't included. I won't give my money to cowards who cave into hatred.
ok, so Firaxis is anti-semitic because they make a game that does not include Israel??? sure...

The new iPod nano: nano
Hagbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18, 2003, 08:28   #242
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 06:00
hi ,

how remarkable that the Jew and Israeli's on this board remain at ease , .......

not a wonder with all the commotion and bs that some people write , ......

is there nothing else to talk about in this thread anymore , .....

and can some people post without the insults , there allready enough of that in the real world , it aint needed in a game thread , .......

especially in a game where a pal can play with a jew on the other side of the world , where to two or more people can play , aldo they are seperated with borders that have high fences and kilometers of minefields , ...... so please , .....

have a nice weekend
Panag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18, 2003, 09:33   #243
Yahweh Sabaoth
King

Local Time: 04:00
All of you are out of your minds!

1. Yes, lots of people of all types died in WW2. But are you denying that anti-semitism was at the center of the Holocaust? You are out of your mind!!!

2. Sure, there are lots of anti-semites in the world. But is Atari full of "Jew-haters" or is it run by fanatic muslims? You are also out of your mind!!!

Good Lord! Everyone around here should read a little history of a.) Judaism, Christianity, and Islam and b.) the modern state of Israel, and then see if there's anyone to be proud of.

Shame...
Old July 18, 2003, 10:52   #244
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 23:00
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I highly recommend that you get back to talking about THE GAME... and not about the company and their motives... and NOT throwing insults around...

One person was just restricted, and more will follow if this crap keeps up.

And... If somebody posts something that they shouldn't, I would recommend you report the post, and then ignore it... DON'T RESPOND TO IT, or you will get restricted as well for CONTINUING A NON GAME DISCUSSION...

YOU ALL GOT THAT.
Old July 18, 2003, 11:30   #245
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 23:00
This is off topic for this thread but I decided I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this question:

What does "World Map with Satellites" mean? Does this mean we will be able to launch satellites into space?

-------

And as for my on topic remarks:

If Israel is in they should probably be Religious and Commercial. Or maybe Religious and Scientific; technology is a major Israeli export isn't it?

The Dutch will be Commercial and Seafearing, correct?

and maybe the same with the Portuguese? Or will they have the Expansionist trait?

Sell your photos
Sheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18, 2003, 11:42   #246
Yahweh Sabaoth
King

Local Time: 04:00
Quote:
Originally posted by Sheik

If Israel is in they should probably be Religious and Commercial. Or maybe Religious and Scientific; technology is a major Israeli export isn't it?
Tech is indeed a major export, and helped (somewhat) revitalize the Israeli economy in the late 80s and 1990s. But the Israeli economy is notoriously shaky, so I don't personally think commercial would be right.

Religious and Scientific and very good choices... obviously, industrious and militaristic are strong contenders, but there are sectors of the Israeli population that aren't TOO hard working, and the Israeli military, though undeniably impressive and by many standards the most well-trained military in the world, has suffered some historic setbacks that perhaps make militaristic not the top choice (after all, America, also with a "superior" military these days, is not militaristic in civ). Also, a lot of Israel's military supremacy goes hand-in-hand with it's top notch technology; military science exports have always been good for Israel.
Old July 18, 2003, 19:12   #247
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheik
This is off topic for this thread but I decided I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this question:

What does "World Map with Satellites" mean? Does this mean we will be able to launch satellites into space?

-------

And as for my on topic remarks:

The Dutch will be Commercial and Seafearing, correct?

and maybe the same with the Portuguese? Or will they have the Expansionist trait?

hi ,

ever seen c&c firestorm , there you can build a tech centre , that launches a sat , with gps , ......

have a nice day
Old July 18, 2003, 19:36   #248
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 00:00
IIRC C&C had that GPS in it from the early days of Red Alert. Very handy.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18, 2003, 19:41   #249
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 22:00
That'd be cool, to have a satellite system giving you updates of the world...

btw, one thing I think should be fixed is the fact you can see cities growing, forests and jugle chopped etc, on any part of the map you've explored...

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Master Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2003, 12:26   #250
Hagbart
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 05:00
Commercial and Religious sounds very likely for Israel. IF it is a civ in C3C.

The new iPod nano: nano
Hagbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2003, 12:41   #251
Kuciwalker
Deity

Israel needs militaristic though.
Old July 19, 2003, 13:00   #252
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
That'd be cool, to have a satellite system giving you updates of the world...
i know current military satellite systems are able to see troop movements, but not even the US system can know every position of each troop. i think the wonder (must be a small world wonder and very expensive!!!) should show all tiles including mining, irrigation, radar towers, etc. but without modern day fortifications (usually underground and well hidden). as a second function you can do helicopter-like expertise missions (view details of a 3x3tile matrix)... at any place of the world... let's say 1-3 times each turn, depending on the world size.

Quote:
btw, one thing I think should be fixed is the fact you can see cities growing, forests and jugle chopped etc, on any part of the map you've explored...
yep, it is a big strange knowing the city sizes of any city in the known world.
but with an embassy, this makes sence.

Quote:
Commercial and Religious sounds very likely for Israel. IF it is a civ in C3C
best call in a long time
agricultural, scientific, militaristic, expansionistic would all also be possible traits, but commerce is the clear power. and it's no question anyway, that religious must be the first trait...

Quote:
some 3 traits, some 1 trait
i disagree. you can only do that if you can value the current traits and UUs.
e.g. expansionistic and commercial completely suck on small maps but belong to the best large and huge maps, militaristic is especially good on populated big pangea (dozens of great leaders let you get most wonders), industious is always good and vital for a jungly starting position.
the UU is valued differently by different types of playing. warmongers may love the JW, for builders the GA is just way too early..

so in the end, there will still be over- and underpowered civs and this time because of the decision of a few.
Old July 19, 2003, 13:42   #253
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by sabrewolf

i know current military satellite systems are able to see troop movements, but not even the US system can know every position of each troop. i think the wonder (must be a small world wonder and very expensive!!!) should show all tiles including mining, irrigation, radar towers, etc. but without modern day fortifications (usually underground and well hidden). as a second function you can do helicopter-like expertise missions (view details of a 3x3tile matrix)... at any place of the world... let's say 1-3 times each turn, depending on the world size.

yep, it is a big strange knowing the city sizes of any city in the known world.
but with an embassy, this makes sence.

best call in a long time
agricultural, scientific, militaristic, expansionistic would all also be possible traits, but commerce is the clear power. and it's no question anyway, that religious must be the first trait...

i disagree. you can only do that if you can value the current traits and UUs.
e.g. expansionistic and commercial completely suck on small maps but belong to the best large and huge maps, militaristic is especially good on populated big pangea (dozens of great leaders let you get most wonders), industious is always good and vital for a jungly starting position.
the UU is valued differently by different types of playing. warmongers may love the JW, for builders the GA is just way too early..

so in the end, there will still be over- and underpowered civs and this time because of the decision of a few.

hi ,

it has been tried to give some civs more then two and others just one , it works fine

have a nice day
Old July 19, 2003, 14:09   #254
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

what do you mean "it has been tried".
i guess some people did so and it worked fine for them.

but as long as the AU mod (the best imho: doesn't change the game, but adapts the AI better to the human used exploits) doesn't recommend changing the number of traits, i wouldn't recomment this either.
Old July 19, 2003, 14:27   #255
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by sabrewolf
what do you mean "it has been tried".
i guess some people did so and it worked fine for them.

but as long as the AU mod (the best imho: doesn't change the game, but adapts the AI better to the human used exploits) doesn't recommend changing the number of traits, i wouldn't recomment this either.
hi ,

well the editor is made for people to mod , ......

the au mod is also a mod , ......

one has to experiment in order to see what are go's and what are dont's , ......

have a nice day
Old July 19, 2003, 15:36   #256
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Not take a side, but the AU mod was meant to make the AI stronger, while staying as close to the standard game as possible.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote