Old June 19, 2003, 13:14   #1
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 20:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
What are the effects of favorite and shunned governments?
I am the Zulu in a game right now and I'm in a democracy. This is their shunned government. Does this cost me gold per turn or something? Or does it mean that when the AI is a civ they just select the shunned government less often and the favorite government more often?
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old June 19, 2003, 13:39   #2
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 21:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I believe it only affects the AI, but I have never seen an AI shun a government. In a Carthage game I played recently the Zulu were neighbors to the south and as soon as democracy became available they were in it. From that I would assume that the AI civ will go into its shunned government sometimes, but I don't know if it's a random occurrence or a glitch. I don't fully know how the shunned governments work.
Old June 19, 2003, 14:55   #3
Greetings
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:04
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I read an article somewhere (CFC maybe) about favorite and shunned governments. I think it has to do with the AI's attitude toward you.

Example: I don't know each civ's favorite and shunned governments, so I'm just going to make some up. Say you're playing as the Russians. Their favorite government, I believe, is Communism. One of your neighbors is the Americans, whose favorite government is Democracy and shunned government is Communism. If you (Russia) becomes a Communism, America will lower its attitude toward you.

On the other hand, you might play as India, whose favorite government is Democracy. If you and America both become Democracies (sp?), America's opinion of you will sky-rocket (or just increase by a little).

I don't know the exact math, but I think the article about it is in the War Academy at CFC.

I hope this helped.

Here it is.
CFC: AI Attitude Exposed

Last edited by Greetings; June 19, 2003 at 20:16.