Old June 19, 2003, 20:49   #31
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 23:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by yaroslav
It seems to be very common - I wear glasess since I was three years old, and the few times I get off of them (for instance, because I want to be one minute without glasses) people start to look me as I was a troll (well, understand me, even more trolish than with glasses)
Actually I didn't start wearing glasses until about three years ago.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old June 19, 2003, 22:52   #32
DRoseDARs
lifer
Spore
Emperor

Local Time: 21:05
G*DD*MN F*CKING SERVERS!!! WIPED OUT MY ENTIRE POST SAYING I WASN'T LOGGED IN EVEN THOUGH I WAS!!! ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Sigh...* Let's try this again.

From the summer before my sophmore year through the beginning of my senior year of high school I had a pair (2 actually) of 1-yr contacts. I ed those contacts. I could wear them all day and not notice them at all; hell, I still would push my glasses back up my nose (every pair I've ever had has slid) involuntarily when they were in, they were so comfortable. even though they were yearlys, I kept them immaculately clean so the first pair lasted 1.5 years before we decided to get the next pair (though the first was still as clean as the day I got them). The only reason the second pair lasted little over 6 months was because the right lens tore. This was back in '98.

I didn't get around to a new perscription until last summer. This time I tried a 12-month supply of 1-month disposables. Hated them. They were constantly drying my eyes out, shifting off-center skewing my vision slightly by noticably, the whites of my eyes looked red and veiny (as if my eyedrops were really liquid cocaine), and by the end of the day they felt like sandpaper despite constant eyedrop-stops. After 4-months I had enough of that sh*t. Haven't worn them since.

When I get contacts again they'll be yearlys.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.
Old June 20, 2003, 07:43   #33
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 06:05
Local Date: November 2, 2010
do you need prescriptions to get contacts?
-
Quote:
Masturbation counteracts the effects. The hair follicles on the palm distract it.
Nah, very much overrated technique since then I should have 20/20 vision by now
Old June 20, 2003, 07:50   #34
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 06:05
Local Date: November 2, 2010
use ICQ white pages if you want more contacts
Old June 20, 2003, 13:22   #35
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 23:05
I already have over 1000 contacts on an ICQ list, most of whom added me first.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd