Old June 19, 2003, 19:46   #1
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 23:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Team Monkey will announce their Forestation policy here.
We are currently finalizing on just what our forestation policy will be and how this is gonna effect our gameplay. Why is this important? because it will effect the diplomatic relationship with all of you in a totally new way.

Team Monkey is far from typical "try to gain gain until we reach victory" style of play. Much like sunshine, we have a goal that we will prioritize over victory... and goal having nothing to do with benefiting in the game.... (tabemono's doesnt really fit into this type cause their goal coincides with benefiting in the game anyway) so this is gonna be very important for you guys to know.

When my team members have agreed to the specific aspects on the forestation policy, I will announce it here.
Old June 19, 2003, 20:14   #2
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 00:06
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Zero, Bravo! Bravo! Bra....

*Beta spies a juicy papaya and swings off into the trees...
Old June 19, 2003, 20:17   #3
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
I initially read that like 'PlayStation' and was scratchin' my head, WTF?
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Theseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2003, 04:19   #4
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 04:06
Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus
I initially read that like 'PlayStation' and was scratchin' my head, WTF?
I initially read it as "foreskin", so you can imagine how confused I was.
Old June 20, 2003, 04:27   #5
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:06
Quote:
Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

I initially read it as "foreskin", so you can imagine how confused I was.
That's for dirty old men to think about!
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2003, 14:46   #6
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 22:06
I'll push for no deforestation inside Tabemono. Besides, forests are sources of lots of game and meat.
Old June 20, 2003, 17:00   #7
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Yes, and fruit... :drool:
Old June 20, 2003, 17:26   #8
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

I don't know, there are some monkeys hanging off those trees that would make for some good eatin'.
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20, 2003, 19:15   #9
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:06
Human skulls are so easily crushed.

Especially the ones owned by the fat people who eat so much... they make the sweetest popping sound.
Old June 20, 2003, 19:28   #10
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

I just want to remind the monkey team that you do need Sunshine in order to grow trees....

Perhaps an early allance is in order...
Old June 20, 2003, 20:10   #11
Konquest02
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Vox ControliApolyton University
Prince

We don't know what makes trees grow. We just know we should not cut them down!

/me climbs back on his tree and grabs a papaya...

Mmmm... Tastes good!
Konquest02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2003, 08:11   #12
rendelnep
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Ankh-MorporkCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 16:06
Guy de Loimbard will cut any trees he sees fit you saucy fish smelling feastering consumer of mangoes. I point my finger at in a abusive mannor at you and Laugh, you stinking second cousin of a Lemur
Our Lumberjacks will cut down trees, eat their lunches then go to the lava-try.On Wednesdays they go shoppin' and have buttered scones for tea.That is our policy of deforestation and if you haven't noticed already I don't team Monkey

Note: we however will refuse to cut the Larch as it is a iconic symbol

Last edited by rendelnep; June 21, 2003 at 08:24.
rendelnep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2003, 08:21   #13
rendelnep
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Ankh-MorporkCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

:double post:
Old June 21, 2003, 09:43   #14
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by rendelnep
Guy de Loimbard will cut any trees he sees fit you saucy fish smelling feastering consumer of mangoes. I point my finger at in a abusive mannor at you and Laugh, you stinking second cousin of a Lemur
Our Lumberjacks will cut down trees, eat their lunches then go to the lava-try.On Wednesdays they go shoppin' and have buttered scones for tea.That is our policy of deforestation and if you haven't noticed already I don't team Monkey

Note: we however will refuse to cut the Larch as it is a iconic symbol
I expected nothing less from a team that:

"Puts on women's clothing, and hangs around in bars".
Old June 21, 2003, 13:58   #15
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill
I don't know, there are some monkeys hanging off those trees that would make for some good eatin'.
Ive tried monkey brains before. Wasnt something I enjoyed at all. (Maybe if I didnt know it was monkey brain I might have enjoyed it more)
Old June 21, 2003, 14:12   #16
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero
Ive tried monkey brains before. Wasnt something I enjoyed at all. (Maybe if I didnt know it was monkey brain I might have enjoyed it more)
Never tried it. Never wanted to. The scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was about as close as I'd want to be.

But the Monkeys will make good food for Tabemono's table.
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2003, 22:51   #17
Zero
King

After the long wait... here is our policy.. publicly announced for first time..

- Deforestation is evil (therefore must be prevented)
- Deforestation commited by other team is worse diplomatic hit for us than some serious hits such as espionage agst us etc.
- Deforestation can be negotiated
- Most agreed deforestation will require forestation of at least 1 or 2 times the tile that team will deforest. (Doesnt matter what tile, but tundra will count as 0.5 tile)
- Deforestation of 5 tile radius from capitol is automatically tolerated
- Since we dont have immediate contact with all teams, we will not be able to protect the world's garden for sometime. Team may try to get away with deforesting since we wont know about it, but if we catch them doing it (either thru 3rd party telling us or whatever) It is treated as any other deforestation.
- We may give deforestation as diplomatic bargain or gift
- But we will not overuse granting the team the priviledge to cut down our homes
- Forestation is always welcomed
- Cutting Jungles count as cutting forests too!
- We will also limit ourselves from deforesting too much tiles and subject ourselves with same handicap.
- We will also obey the 1 deforest for 2 forest as best as we can.

Some things still debated, but any progression halted when Simian started throwing monkey poos and it became a mnokey party afterwards. After our orangutan janitors clean up the mess, we'll continue the debate.

Our chimpanzees are still working on just how early deforestation policy should be governed (since none of us can plant forest).
Old June 24, 2003, 00:30   #18
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

We will cut down all the mightiest trees in your forests... with...

A HERRING!!
Old June 24, 2003, 02:02   #19
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 05:06
Any idea how much Wood a single giant foot can stomp?
I think it can be an awfull lot of...
Hey trees are only there to be cut. Since they are our only enemies right now i will anounce proud all victorys of our famos woodcutter troops!
Old June 24, 2003, 02:08   #20
DaveMcW
Prince

Come on guys, declaring war before we even build our capital?

I am certain we can find a solution that benefits both Team Monkey and the Monty Python lumber industry.

I just hope they don't demand a shrubbery...
DaveMcW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2003, 02:18   #21
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Quote:
but if we catch them doing it (either thru 3rd party telling us or whatever) It is treated as any other deforestation.
So, I could tell you [Team X] was cutting down like mad when in reality it was foresting? And you wouldn't know!
Old June 24, 2003, 03:22   #22
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:06
Quote:
Originally posted by mrmitchell

So, I could tell you [Team X] was cutting down like mad when in reality it was foresting? And you wouldn't know!

Stupid Human

Team Monkey will demand better proof than that.

*** Hot_Enamel throws monkey poo at mrmitchall ***

Old June 24, 2003, 04:36   #23
BigFree
Deity

HAHAHA!! Great Policy.

Team Sunshines Motto: Don't Rain On Us! (please )
Old June 27, 2003, 18:28   #24
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
HAHAHA!! Great Policy.

Team Sunshines Motto: Don't Rain On Us! (please )
Yes - send the rain to us, where the simians of the rain forest hang out.

And btw - we are serious about our eco policy. ( )
Old June 28, 2003, 07:12   #25
rendelnep
Prince

Well think we should declare war all the same, I mean any civilization run by sentint siminans who see anything sapient as sacred sounds rather silly.Hell the hell do they write they have no opposable thumbs and its not like bronze era monkies are going to invent a ****ing typewriter!!!! Not only that but what right does a bunch of half evolved primates Who haven't even been bothered to get out the ****ing trees let alone loose the tail and the 'there is a ugly somebody looking at at me through that mirror, maybe I sould point out he got some spinach stuck in his teeth' philosphy decide that they like trees and that anyone who chops one down( whether it invole a herring or not) is their worst enemy. If all the same to you guys I would rather see the simians in a menergie. Oh by the way I am rather proud of my lingerie.
Old June 28, 2003, 12:25   #26
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Whoa.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Theseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2003, 16:27   #27
DaveMcW
Prince

[Chorus]

He's a lumberjack, and he's okay,
He cuts down trees and wears... lingerie?
DaveMcW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28, 2003, 22:15   #28
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by rendelnep
Well think we should declare war all the same, I mean any civilization run by sentint siminans who see anything sapient as sacred sounds rather silly.Hell the hell do they write they have no opposable thumbs and its not like bronze era monkies are going to invent a ****ing typewriter!!!! Not only that but what right does a bunch of half evolved primates Who haven't even been bothered to get out the ****ing trees let alone loose the tail and the 'there is a ugly somebody looking at at me through that mirror, maybe I sould point out he got some spinach stuck in his teeth' philosphy decide that they like trees and that anyone who chops one down( whether it invole a herring or not) is their worst enemy. If all the same to you guys I would rather see the simians in a menergie. Oh by the way I am rather proud of my lingerie.
eh?

* monkey poo flies through the air in large quantities to fall upon rendelnep's hair-deficient human head.

(half-evolved? Hah! If only you knew the truth of your own history ...... )
Old June 29, 2003, 08:04   #29
rendelnep
Prince

What truth? That our ancestors decided to bugger off before you lot decided very firmly that staying in the trees was a better a idea then going out on the plains and grassland because somebody might get killed, you dispicable cowards!!!?
Go home and leave society to the REAL men!!!!
( Note: I do not consider the post I made notto be the absolute truth of the basis of human evolution. The theory dictates that anthropoids evolved from animals that diverged from a primate ancestor that eventually became monkeys as we know them today. )
Also I would like to point out that human heads are not hair deficent especialy if we grow beards or very long hair . For example prehistoric women had hair growing to to their to their ankles. So our hair is not lacking it just happens to be LOCALISED.
Old July 1, 2003, 17:42   #30
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Before making a final decision on our response to this policy, we would like to know: What is your stance on shrubberies?
Hot Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote