View Poll Results: Should Apolyton join the Allied Liberation League?
Yes 9 81.82%
No 1 9.09%
Abstain 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 20, 2003, 18:46   #1
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 04:09
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Official: Should Apolyton join the Allied Liberation League?
As regional delegate, I have been telegrammed by a member of this alliance, asking if we wish to join. Here are the telegrams I have been sent

Quote:
I'm contacting you because we have formed an alliance of nearly 700 nations commited to non agression and mutual defense. This alliance is more of a deterrant than anything, but we will use force when necessary to defeat aggressor nations. We would love to have Apolyton join us. The alliance is called the Allied Liberation League. Membership and actions taken by all members is completely voluntary. We may make requests for temporary volunteers from time to time...to help defend victim regions, but nothing is demanded of anyone. You watch our back and we watch yours. That is essenially the deal. Please let me know if you are interested in joining us.
Quote:
You can find more information on the forums at www.merit.jink.org
The official A.L.L. charter is posted there. We actually have several smaller alliances within the League. The first alliance to join was MACTO, the Meritocratic-Armageddon-Capitalist-Treaty-Organization. This group is formed of mostly free market/libertarian regions, around 7 at the moment, ours included.

Your region doesn't quite fit the ideological strictness of this group, however many regions around the world hold the same principles of mutual defense and non agression--even if their economic and political ideas may differ significantly. This is the reason for the Allied Liberation League. We will be staying out of each other's business, until one of the member regions is attacked, in which case it will be considered an attack on every alliance member, and we will rally volunteers from every region to defend our friends.

My home region, the Capitalist Alliance was also the victim of an ACC invasion a little over a month ago, and this is how the whole thing started. After contacting some other regions, and bringing in some outside volunteers, we managed to overthrow the invaders and restore order, forming an unofficial alliance with the regions (The New Meritocracy and Armageddon) that helped us out. I decided to make it official a few weeks later and proposed an alliance. This is how it all started, and here we are...just over 5000 members in a little over a month!

Currently we are keeping our eye on several emerging threats like the Rejected Realms Army.
I would like to stress that this does not commit us to anything, other than non-aggression towards those other regions. We do not have to send troops unless we wish to to help other regions, it is voluntary.

Should we join it? You have 3 days to decide.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old June 20, 2003, 18:54   #2
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

I voted yes BTW. I can see only increased safety, trade and international prowess coming from this, a good move for Apolyton IMHO.

Old June 20, 2003, 20:13   #3
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 20:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I agree. Such an alliance will only help Apoltyon.
OOc:
Plus give us lots of chances to RP.
Old June 20, 2003, 21:04   #4
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 15:09
Re: Official: Should Apolyton join the Allied Liberation League?
Yes, we should. It doesn't commit us to anything, but will help strengthen us if we ever get attacked, and will also raise our profile somewhat on the world stage.
Old June 20, 2003, 22:19   #5
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 12:09
What about intra-region disputes such as what's brewing right now?
Old June 21, 2003, 08:33   #6
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

Agreed, it doesnt commit us to anything, and the rewards are much higher than the costs.
Old June 21, 2003, 11:03   #7
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 05:09
In Wine 3 factions (Royalists, Repubblicans and Savoyard) support the entrance of Apolyton in the ALL.

Only one faction strongly oppose it (the CFLA)

While the Communists do not care one way or the other.

(Therefore I voted yes)

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old June 21, 2003, 19:04   #8
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Local Time: 23:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Voted "Aye", Cap'n.
Old June 21, 2003, 20:06   #9
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Local Time: 00:09
Voted Yes.
Old June 22, 2003, 14:39   #10
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 12:09
What country are you Mr Thud?
Old June 22, 2003, 17:58   #11
Drogue
staff

Thudoa IIRC.

Old June 23, 2003, 04:08   #12
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 14:09
I would like to stress that at the moment, Apolyton isn't united. Therefore I would like to say that it is up to individual nations to join on their own accord. As a Sheep I voted no on this principle. However please note

All the Treaty of Mt.Gravatt esposing the principles of non-aggression would like to join the alliance and ask all nations to do so also. Sheepsta has been at the fore front of this.

The Leaf Induced Munchies are too stoned to make a choice at the moment.

Greater Method is yet to comment but high placed sources point towards an isolationist response.
Old June 23, 2003, 11:10   #13
Drogue
staff

Sheep: This alliance is for regions, it is not possible for individual nations to join, and does not apply withing the region. It is not non-aggression against each other, just that we vow that Apolyton as a region will not act against any other region aggressively. Lone states acting against others is not of concern, merely the region as a whole.

Old June 26, 2003, 09:47   #14
Drogue
staff

I have now telegrammed Silverbugs3000 to say that we would like to join. May this bring a new era of peace and prosperity on our great region.

Old June 28, 2003, 17:53   #15
Drogue
staff

We have now applied to join. I have posted on their forums here, and this is the homepage for The Meritocracy (the people who's board the ALL uses).