Old June 20, 2003, 23:00   #1
Killazer
Warlord

Local Time: 04:11
Local Date: November 2, 2010
cool
Look at the game, I cant stay in republic no way. Ive been at war for like 300 years and my empire is too large/not enough luxuries. Mayb if I spent 70% on luxuries in republic. Go ahead and switch to republic if you want to see.

Also, The AI was launching large attacks into my city areas and I didnt want to lose those cities at the se corner so I umm.. fortified the border lol. I can easily beat them if I want to with some time, I just was wondering what others thought about it. Thanks for he input.
Old June 20, 2003, 23:00   #2
Killazer
Warlord

Local Time: 04:11
woops didnt mean to post new thread lol.
Old June 20, 2003, 23:22   #3
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 00:11
Re: cool
Quote:
Originally posted by Killazer
Look at the game, I cant stay in republic no way. Ive been at war for like 300 years and my empire is too large/not enough luxuries. Mayb if I spent 70% on luxuries in republic. Go ahead and switch to republic if you want to see.

Sorry I did not mean to switch to rep now, I was saying when you first move to that form, you can stay in it all day and be at war. I only switch once, from despot to rep in most games. I never use more than 20% lux, too painful. Markets with 5 or more luxs will get it done, unless you are Emp/Deity.
Old June 20, 2003, 23:29   #4
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 00:11
Re: cool
Quote:
Originally posted by Killazer

Also, The AI was launching large attacks into my city areas and I didnt want to lose those cities at the se corner so I umm.. fortified the border lol. I can easily beat them if I want to with some time, I just was wondering what others thought about it. Thanks for he input.
If you are talking about the beach head, I really do not want to spread out if I am going to face a counter attack.
It is better to let them toss themself at your city and get the defensive bonus. I would not care about the tiles, they are not going to be worked anyway.
I would want to get the city out of resistance and rush in an airport, so I can send troops every turn.
Then I will raze all nearby cities and start to scorch the land. Hard to make research or troops as you are losing cities and resources.
I would have some old calv units to go around and pillage and kill workers as opportunities present themselves.
Captured cities have to be defended. That is fine earlier in the game, but the end is too close for that now. I do not want to tie down my units. Maybe after I bust 20 or so cities, I can entertain the idea.