Old May 16, 2004, 03:10   #241
Solomwi
lifer
C3CDG Desolation RowPtWDG2 Monty PythonCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 23:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I got it, but was unaware of a problem with Octavian's account. It seems as if things are solved, but let me know otherwise.
"They say if you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. But if you teach a man to fish...then he has to get a fishing license. But he doesn't have any money, so he has to get a job and enter the social security system. And he has to file taxes, and you're gonna audit the poor son of a ***** because he's not really good at math. You pull the IRS van up to his house and take everything. You take his velvet Elvis and his toothbrush and his penis pump and that all goes up for auction with the burden of proof on you because you forgot to carry the 1. All because you wanted to eat a fish, and you couldn't even cook the fish because you need a permit for an open flame."
- Doug Stanhope
Solomwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2004, 11:13   #242
HarryH
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG2 Sunshine
King

Local Time: 20:12
I re-sent it to OctavianX's account. No failure this time.
HarryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6, 2004, 06:36   #243
Cort Haus
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 05:12
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Ahem ....
Cort Haus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2004, 06:25   #244
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:12
Quote:
Originally posted by Cort Haus
Ahem ....
I totally agree

What the he11 is going on ???
Old June 7, 2004, 07:44   #245
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 00:12
Has anyone PM'd or e-mailed the members of the team?
Old June 8, 2004, 14:05   #246
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:12
I've emailed everyone on the distribution list, I couldn't resend teh save as I didn't play it.
Old June 8, 2004, 15:13   #247
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

I did, here's the save in case any SS members read this.

Attached Files:
File Type: sav to ss, 130 bc.sav (169.4 KB, 4 views)
Old June 8, 2004, 19:18   #248
Wooglin
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Chieftain

It seems that no one received the save but HarryH who is out of town until tomorrow. I'll inform active members of the team that the save is posted.

--Woog
Wooglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9, 2004, 02:45   #249
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

I sent it to four accounts, only E_Ts failed with a notification. In any case, when I say the save is posted and noone recieves it, please let me know a bit earlier so I can resend it.
Old June 10, 2004, 00:33   #250
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

I didn't get the save in the mail.

But I will download the one in this thread.

I will play the turn either tonight or tomorrow depending on how busy I am tonight.
Jon Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10, 2004, 17:18   #251
bongo
lifer
Emperor

Do you have an updated address list then?
Old June 10, 2004, 17:23   #252
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

I posted my address in two threads recently.

Anyways, my address is NeroTrip (at) comcast (dot) net.
Old July 24, 2004, 00:00   #253
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 22:12
I regret to annouce that Monty Python will be holding the save for a little while longer to investigate a possible bug.

When I opened the save, the diplomacy box popped up. A team (I won't mention who, though they have been contacted) had offered, unaccepted, a Middle Ages tech that is at the end of the F6 screen. However, I noticed that we could still offer to the other team a tech that was a few steps prerequisite.

For an example, it's kind of like this: Team B opens the save, and gets a diplo box from Team A offering Integraded Defense. However, Team A noticed that it can still offer Rocketry to Team B.
Old July 25, 2004, 02:14   #254
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

OK, ignore that, call me the idiot that I am, and accept an apology for a late save.
Old July 25, 2004, 07:07   #255
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:12

Team Monkey unanimously agree, Octavian X is an idiot.

Old July 25, 2004, 19:40   #256
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

It does my heart good to know that OCT_X fell for that old trick

Nothing personnal of course
Old July 26, 2004, 13:30   #257
Cort Haus
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Erm, guys, what's the deal with the Military Tradition thing then?

So is it a bug, or a joke hack to remind CoD which tech we need to win our war? I notice those droll fellows on the Sahaf team have a city named after it.

Can anyone explain?
Old July 26, 2004, 13:41   #258
Solomwi
lifer
C3CDG Desolation RowPtWDG2 Monty PythonCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I think you've already noticed the source of the "confusion".
"They say if you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. But if you teach a man to fish...then he has to get a fishing license. But he doesn't have any money, so he has to get a job and enter the social security system. And he has to file taxes, and you're gonna audit the poor son of a ***** because he's not really good at math. You pull the IRS van up to his house and take everything. You take his velvet Elvis and his toothbrush and his penis pump and that all goes up for auction with the burden of proof on you because you forgot to carry the 1. All because you wanted to eat a fish, and you couldn't even cook the fish because you need a permit for an open flame."
- Doug Stanhope
Solomwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26, 2004, 13:48   #259
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Indeed.
Old July 26, 2004, 18:16   #260
Niessuh
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsSpanish CiversC4DG VoxCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Spamyard TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Deity

Local Time: 06:12
Look at the map We were even more frightened at first
Niessuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26, 2004, 23:54   #261
Octavian X
King

We weren't frightened, of course, since we were sure we could kick MAST's ass anyway (like the way we're kicking Monkey ass ).
Old July 26, 2004, 23:57   #262
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
We weren't frightened, of course, since we were sure we could kick MAST's ass anyway (like the way we're kicking Monkey ass ).
Uh, huh, is that why you started this war of aggression ages ago and still cant finish it?

And just who got the great REX out of this war??????

Not the guys who were confused about Military Tradition Buckwheat
Old July 27, 2004, 06:32   #263
Cort Haus
Deity

Now that your Ice-Monkeys have been trained up, con, you can keep rexxing yourselves

must .... support ... 100 Numids
Old July 27, 2004, 06:48   #264
bongo
lifer
Emperor

Hey, look what's just arrived in my inbox, the save

What to offer this time?

Uranuim? Uranus?
Old July 27, 2004, 07:21   #265
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Oct_X will definately fall for Uranus, Id try that one
Old July 27, 2004, 08:20   #266
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Good show, MAST!

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Arrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 2004, 08:23   #267
bongo
lifer
Emperor

Thanks

If you wait another millennia we might even top it
Old July 29, 2004, 03:14   #268
Octavian X
King

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Oct_X will definately fall for Uranus, Id try that one
I'd fall for 'doughnut' as well.
Old August 2, 2004, 14:22   #269
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Hey OCT_X, there is a doughnut factory smack dab in the middle of CoD territory.

It would sure be nice to own that wouldn't it
Old August 4, 2004, 23:15   #270
Jon Shafer

Apologies on the delay, my computer has been sent off to Texas to get repaired and I'm finding an alternate player. Turn should be sent off within the next day or so.