Old June 27, 2003, 11:00   #31
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Ouch! That wasn't very nice Feephi...and I don't even know you.
Old June 28, 2003, 02:57   #32
Falconius
Prince

Local Time: 23:18
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmytrick A nym (pronounced NIHM and a shortened form of "pseudonym,") is a name invented by or provided for an Internet user in order to conceal the user's real identity and, in some cases, to expressly create a new and separate Internet identity. Among reasons to have and use a "nym" are these:
1. You want to comment or take part in controversial political or other discussions on the Internet without revealing your opinions to colleagues, friends, or employers
2. You want to send spam (unrequested bulk e-mail) without anyone being able to trace it to you
3. You are a self-declared cracker that wants to talk about it without being identified
4. You simply feel strongly about protecting your privacy on the Internet
5. You are incapable of making relevant coments on any subject including your online nick.
I like to fantasize that nym is a hot babe and it's short for nymphomaniac!

So what's the big deal? Almost nobody on any bulletin board uses their real name. Why center such criticism at nym?
Old June 28, 2003, 04:32   #33
Nym
Prince

Local Time: 05:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Falconius

I like to fantasize that nym is a hot babe and it's short for nymphomaniac!
Well, if so, I will let you fantasize about my nick name.
But If you have a look at my profile, gender is set to male.
Old June 29, 2003, 13:43   #34
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Hmmm... seems like the spam sharks are in a heavy feeding frenzy...

Post on topic... or don't bother to post...

Oh... and Feephi...

Quote:
Ming can b*** me.
Hmmmmm... there are worse things I can do to you
Old June 29, 2003, 22:12   #35
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 22:18
Old June 30, 2003, 21:19   #36
WarpStorm
King

I'm sorry, I'd be REAL annoyed if every turn after I told it to move on the Domestic Nag came up saying "Lord Warpstorm are you sure you want to end your turn? Maybe you'd like to change production to an Aquaduct. Or maybe Zoom to a city. Or build some entertainers. While you are at it build more cities, make more friends, and trade for more luxuries."
Old July 1, 2003, 00:22   #37
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:18
Touche' WS touche'
Old July 1, 2003, 00:34   #38
Mad Bomber
King

Local Time: 00:18
Quote:
Originally posted by WarpStorm
I'm sorry, I'd be REAL annoyed if every turn after I told it to move on the Domestic Nag came up saying "Lord Warpstorm are you sure you want to end your turn? Maybe you'd like to change production to an Aquaduct. Or maybe Zoom to a city. Or build some entertainers. While you are at it build more cities, make more friends, and trade for more luxuries."

True. It would be annoying if that occured every turn but I am talking about turns where you have units that have movements left. There sould be a popup to announce that you have units remaining to move and ask for confirmation (or get rid of the orange button at the bottom)
* There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.
Old July 1, 2003, 03:03   #39
Nym
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Bomber
True. It would be annoying if that occured every turn but I am talking about turns where you have units that have movements left. There sould be a popup to announce that you have units remaining to move and ask for confirmation (or get rid of the orange button at the bottom)
Yes, for this particular turns, it could be a good idea.
Old July 1, 2003, 13:23   #40
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 06:18
Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Bomber

hi ,

, sounds good , aldo it would be better in the "preferences"

have a nice day
Old July 2, 2003, 00:51   #41
Vince278
King

Local Time: 04:18
Quote:
Originally posted by WarpStorm
My Domestic Nag keeps telling me I'm spending too much time on the computer. Guess thats what wives are for.
Old July 3, 2003, 07:43   #42
Schee
Warlord

Well IMO the best solution would be : no orange button, and for example ctrl+enter to end the turn before all units have been moved (I almost never end the turn with units still asking for order, and this button is quite useless for me).

And maybe an option in the preference to set whether we prefer the old system or the new
Old July 3, 2003, 09:31   #43
Slax
Prince

I always use the yellow button, and can't recall a single occasion where I pressed it early.

I see no reason for a change, but for others, maybe they can make it an option that the yellow button only appears after all units have moved.