Old July 10, 2003, 07:12   #181
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 15:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Awww, we missed you too.
Old July 10, 2003, 14:09   #182
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 22:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Kassiopeia, be reminded that lab rats can survive without sleep for only 17 days, and we are much more complicated creatures than lab rats.

However, I congratulate you on your near-record (or whutever). I wonder whut the world record is...surely it's been broken.
Old July 10, 2003, 14:47   #183
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 07:18
The world record for time without sleep is 453 hours. Near? Think not. Besides, I've heard that in the Finnish armed forces training one can be forced to stay up guarding or whatever for 72 hours, so it oughtn't be a big deal. "Lifestyle" insomniacs who don't sleep for 30 years or somesuch don't count in this category.

Btw, TKG changed his handle and I nearly didn't even notice. I do like Method better.

Quote:
Kassiopeia Idle Time: 245hrs 15mins 3secs
It's amazing that neither the shell or the server have thrown me out for almost eleven days. You'd expect a server coughup or a ping timeout by now.

Last edited by Kassiopeia; July 10, 2003 at 15:39.
Old July 10, 2003, 14:47   #184
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 01:18
i saw this on guiness TV. apparently there are these people who have gone without sleep for like 30 years due to some disorder...or something

BTW, update: Kassiopeia has been idle 256hrs 49mins 46secs, signed on Sat Jun 28 21:01:21
Old July 10, 2003, 17:19   #185
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 00:18
Quote:
Originally posted by devilmunchkin
*walks in*
hey guys...sorry I haven't been around in awhile..been busy looking for a job and being a peace with ...everything...but i missed you guys.

A likely story. You do realise I'm at sea defending American Freedoms and I still have the time to post?

You going to be at the San Diego Pissup?
Old July 10, 2003, 20:49   #186
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

update: Kassiopeia has been idle 262hrs 51mins 37secs, signed on Sat Jun 28 21:01:21
Old July 12, 2003, 04:12   #187
devilmunchkin
Warlord

Local Time: 04:18
Lonestar: if you had a significant other that you were blissfully happy with, you would have time either..if you get my drift.
and i really hope i can make it to the piss up. that would be cool....
btw..i finally got a job! i just hope i'm good enough for it. I'm going to be an office manager for this perfume wholesale company...the one owned by Larry Hahn...cept I'd be working for one of his rich underlings....it looks like it's going to be extremely grueling..but i'm gonna give it a try
"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy
Old July 12, 2003, 19:06   #188
Lonestar
inmate
King

/me doesn't know who Larry Hahn is.
Old July 12, 2003, 21:11   #189
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
update: Kassiopeia has been idle 262hrs 51mins 37secs, signed on Sat Jun 28 21:01:21
I got a ping timeout, sadly, about 24 hours after that. Mrmitchell can vouch for 290 hours. I started a new idle-a-thon five hours later, well over 300 hours is my target.
Old July 14, 2003, 10:26   #190
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 23:18
/me wonders why everyone is so concerned about how long Kass has been idle
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old July 14, 2003, 11:49   #191
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 15:18
He has just gotta move sometime.
/me sits down, stares at Kass and waits.
Old July 14, 2003, 14:34   #192
DinoDoc
Deity

Poke him with a stick to see if he moves.
Old July 14, 2003, 14:49   #193
Method
Emperor

/me runs in panting
/me stops for a moment to catch his breath

guys! kassi is gone

Old July 14, 2003, 15:44   #194
DinoDoc
Deity

Is that one of the signs of the Apocalypse?
Old July 14, 2003, 17:09   #195
Kassiopeia
Emperor

False alarm, I'm back. My bouncer isn't though.
Old July 14, 2003, 17:20   #196
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 05:18
Here, borrow mine.

Old July 14, 2003, 20:22   #197
Lonestar
inmate
King

/me plays Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's "Somewhere over the Rainbow"
Old July 14, 2003, 20:35   #198
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

/me gets unduly excited about a Battle Royale II trailer. *

It'll probably be shite.
Old July 14, 2003, 20:58   #199
Kassiopeia
Emperor

/me bashes IW over the head with a cluebat *
Old July 14, 2003, 20:58   #200
Method
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc
Is that one of the signs of the Apocalypse?
yes. it is much more alarming when Jeki is gone, however.
Old July 14, 2003, 21:16   #201
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Kassiopeia
* Kassiopeia bashes IW over the head with a cluebat *
No seriously. BR1 was great, but BR2 looks like a typical reponse "wow, our film was a success, let's make another one that Hollywood will love even more"

A sequel wasn't needed. The kids go to war with adults? Too large-scale, you can't fit something like that into a film, you can't cover the depth of events and character, so the film loses the immediacy of the first one. The collars are paired? Sequel-gimmick. Crap. Blah.

(I'll still watch it)
Old July 14, 2003, 21:22   #202
Kuciwalker
Deity

/me walks in, looks at the number of posts, and leaves
Old July 14, 2003, 21:25   #203
Kassiopeia
Emperor

/me bashes IW over the head with a bigger cluebat *
Old July 14, 2003, 21:30   #204
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

/me gets a clue *
Old July 14, 2003, 21:33   #205
Kassiopeia
Emperor

/me offers IW a drink to celebrate the occasion *
Old July 14, 2003, 21:46   #206
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

/me takes proffered drink, and restates unconvincedness by film's concept or execution *

/me hunts down complete plot-spoiler and is somewhat mollified. *
Old July 14, 2003, 21:47   #207
DinoDoc
Deity

/me starts chasing Kass with a bat for his animal cruelty
Old July 14, 2003, 22:10   #208
MrFun
Emperor

** MrFun walks in, and puts up "missing person" poster, with Blackwidow's picture on it, and relevant information to aid in locating in her **
Old July 15, 2003, 00:34   #209
Lonestar
inmate
King

/me decide's he's to lazy to walk down to berthing, and will sleep in his workspace tonight
Old July 15, 2003, 01:01   #210
devilmunchkin
Warlord

Local Time: 04:18
*straggles in* hey guys *is pretty glum*.....
i did some researching on the company I joined and I realized that they scam about 90% of their employees...Scentura Creations is the name and I was working for an offshoot company under it called Universal WHolesale. I looked online and found page after page of people saying how they'd been promised honest jobs and basically were made to peddle perfume door to door and not make money....even though sales was not the position they applied for. I'm pretty blue..realizing that i'm back where I started..jobless and running out of money...and i'm scared.
"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy