Old June 26, 2003, 17:38   #31
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 22:20
Local Date: November 1, 2010
By the Banana!!!

The plan is working alot quicker this game than last!

Well, with full control...guess it's time to bring out those pictures of MrWIA again, hm?

Maybe I should see about some newer ones...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old June 26, 2003, 18:25   #32
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 06:20
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Well,

We now have me running for President, Aro for VP, Nuclear Master as DM, unless someone steps up GK as FAM....

Should Aro win VP...could it be?

AN ALL HERALD PRESIDENCY?!?!?!?!
hi ,

*cough*

panag posted above , before NM that he wanted to go for DM , .....

have a nice day
Old June 26, 2003, 18:34   #33
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:20
I could possibly run for FAM I guess to actually give the chance of an election....

Pictures? They never existed.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old June 26, 2003, 19:08   #34
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

If UnOrthO and Aro win I promiste to stop lurking and actually contribute

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old June 27, 2003, 09:18   #35
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 00:20
I'll give MWIA a run for his money - let the voters decide, FAM.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old June 27, 2003, 12:37   #36
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 21:20
Sounds like we've got some elections on our hands. Hmm, who to vote for...who to vote for? I hear the sweet sounds of coins greasing my palms.

Seriously, when do the election polls start?
Old June 27, 2003, 12:48   #37
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Fair warning to potential ministers.

Unless a candidate steps forward to oppose me, be prepared to have a chat VERY quickly after this becomes 'official'. And be prepared for it to likely take place at....

The chat time from hell.

11-12 GMT....
That's 5-6 AM for you in NY
2-3 AM for you in California
9-10 PM for our firends in Oz
(assuming the new program on my palm is correct...)

So, be prepared to have orders posted and/or deputies who can attend if you cannot.

I gave fair warning above. My schedule sucks for the public, but it will make the game move.

If NO ONE can make it and it becomes absolutely neccessary, I COULD possibly also hold a chat at the other end of the spectrum:

0300 GMT

11 PM NY
8 PM Cali
3 AM Oz

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; June 27, 2003 at 12:54.
Old June 27, 2003, 12:57   #38
Tassadar500
Emperor

Is GMT Poly time?
Old June 27, 2003, 13:02   #39
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I...Don't...Know....

http://greenwichmeantime.com/info/timezone.htm

Keep in mind Daylight savings time if you live where that is a factor, though...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old June 27, 2003, 13:58   #40
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Those early mornign hours work for me as long as they go quick on weekdays - I have to leave the house no later than 7:30 local to get to work at a reasonable hour. On the weekends whenever.

One point for my position - I cannot get mIRC to work with poly on my home machine, which is where civ3 is. Therefore, if elected, I hereby request we use something other than poly, otherwise, I will have to log off - start civ - get the info I need - shut down civ - log on - post - rinse and repeat as necessary. NOT fun. For some reason it appears to only be poly. I can use mIRC for all others, and for poly at home I can join in using Java, but as everybody knows, java chat causes errors when civ is also running, like causing the computer to lock up.....

GMT is not poly time. Poly time is eastern time, but without daylight savings taken into account.

The elections should start this weekend so that on the first of next month the new people are all ready.

I will (if they are not done prior to) do them on saturday night. If Octavian or OPD do them prior to - hopefully they will pm either mwia or myself and we will top them.

--Con
Old June 27, 2003, 14:11   #41
Tassadar500
Emperor

GK I will not be able to be on chat if I am elected then. I can only do Poly Chat. But why do YOU need the game open in the chat? Isnt the only one who needs to do both at the same time the President?
Old June 27, 2003, 14:21   #42
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
Those early mornign hours work for me as long as they go quick on weekdays - I have to leave the house no later than 7:30 local to get to work at a reasonable hour. On the weekends whenever.
Not a problem here. I myself must be to work by 6:30 local (mountain) Those morning chats will likely be limited to 2-3 hours tops, no leeway, period (3am-6am my time (I normally wake at 4AM each day anyway, what's an extra hour?))

As I stated. It's not going to be pretty, but it will be moving.

Depending on the VP as well, there is a possibility to adjust some chat times. VP's? Care to offer to take chats on weekends? Weekends would be more difficult for me personally...could each of you possibly post your availability to hold chats on weekends? (Aro, I'll suck it up for a week just for you should you be elected)

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old June 27, 2003, 19:03   #43
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Master
GK I will not be able to be on chat if I am elected then. I can only do Poly Chat. But why do YOU need the game open in the chat? Isnt the only one who needs to do both at the same time the President?
NM - as a minister you pretty well need to have the game open in the chat. You can schedule moves qaturn or two ahead, but it is very difficult to follow the game and contibute without having the game up and running.

Saves can be posted at the end of each turn - but if all ministers play along with the same moves, and therefore the same game - well things go faster.
Old June 27, 2003, 19:13   #44
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Fair warning to potential ministers.

Unless a candidate steps forward to oppose me, be prepared to have a chat VERY quickly after this becomes 'official'. And be prepared for it to likely take place at....

The chat time from hell.

11-12 GMT....
That's 5-6 AM for you in NY
2-3 AM for you in California
9-10 PM for our firends in Oz
(assuming the new program on my palm is correct...)

So, be prepared to have orders posted and/or deputies who can attend if you cannot.

I gave fair warning above. My schedule sucks for the public, but it will make the game move.

If NO ONE can make it and it becomes absolutely neccessary, I COULD possibly also hold a chat at the other end of the spectrum:

0300 GMT

11 PM NY
8 PM Cali
3 AM Oz
Ugh - weekend chats at that early time are OK. But during the week - I leave for work around 7am (NY time). And I have walking, newspaper, and breakfast to do.

Also I am not sure if this unilateral decision on game times is in keeping with the intent and philosphy of the DEMOCRACY game.

If these times are indeed fixed - then I will need to withdraw my candidacy.

Last edited by Beta; June 27, 2003 at 19:18.
Old June 27, 2003, 19:37   #45
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:

Not a problem here. I myself must be to work by 6:30 local (mountain) Those morning chats will likely be limited to 2-3 hours tops, no leeway, period (3am-6am my time (I normally wake at 4AM each day anyway, what's an extra hour?))
damn, that's about the time I usually sleep...

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old June 27, 2003, 21:49   #46
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Beta
Also I am not sure if this unilateral decision on game times is in keeping with the intent and philosphy of the DEMOCRACY game.
They are definately not, I agree. What would you have me do? Quit my job? take hours of vacation to make a chat time?

This is my schedule, if you or anyone else does not like it they are more than welcome to run for me, find someone to run against me and vote for them, or attempt to impeach me. I am giving fair warning BEFORE the election so there will be no surprises afterwards. Weekdays, this is all I have open, period. If there is someone with a more open schedule willing to step up I WILL RESIGN as I have already stated. This is what I see as a bandaid in order to keep this game moving for this month seeing that no one else is apparantly willing.

As for pre-work stuff, I will myself be giving up my thai chi, paper, and normal playing/surfing time on those days that I will hold a chat. One weekday a week...not THAT hard to give it all up ONE day a week.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old June 27, 2003, 21:58   #47
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 23:20
Quote:
Depending on the VP as well, there is a possibility to adjust some chat times. VP's? Care to offer to take chats on weekends? Weekends would be more difficult for me personally...could each of you possibly post your availability to hold chats on weekends? (Aro, I'll suck it up for a week just for you should you be elected)
I would be able to do pretty regular sunday evening (CDT) chats. The rest of the weekend usually needs to be open for me.

Edit: Saturday evenings might be possible too.
Old June 27, 2003, 22:45   #48
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Just a warning to all potential candidates: I plan to post election polls in around 24 hours. Sign up now, or hold your peace until next month.
Old June 28, 2003, 12:44   #49
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:

They are definately not, I agree. What would you have me do? Quit my job? take hours of vacation to make a chat time?

This is my schedule, if you or anyone else does not like it they are more than welcome to run for me, find someone to run against me and vote for them, or attempt to impeach me. I am giving fair warning BEFORE the election so there will be no surprises afterwards. Weekdays, this is all I have open, period. If there is someone with a more open schedule willing to step up I WILL RESIGN as I have already stated. This is what I see as a bandaid in order to keep this game moving for this month seeing that no one else is apparantly willing.

As for pre-work stuff, I will myself be giving up my thai chi, paper, and normal playing/surfing time on those days that I will hold a chat. One weekday a week...not THAT hard to give it all up ONE day a week.
UnO - I understand your position. And I was not intending to criticise you in any way. Sorry if it came across as such .

I know sometimes it is a thankless job - and as you have pointed out - you are the only one willing to take it on.

Also - I am away on vaction for the 3rd week of July - as my wife has just reminded me - so I it may be best if I do opt out this term.

Again - sorry if I was chippy. And thank you for keeping the game going.

-------------------------------------------

I am willing to be a vice-SMC to help someone out with the job, but I will be away for a week - and may not be able to make some chats.

Last edited by Beta; June 28, 2003 at 21:43.
Old June 28, 2003, 15:20   #50
GodKing
Emperor

If beta is bowing out and as nobody else has offered to for the job, I will switch from FAM to SMC. That way we have at least someone for each position.

--Con
Old June 28, 2003, 15:45   #51
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:20
Very noble.
Old June 28, 2003, 16:00   #52
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

If anyone could use a deputy to help out I wouldn't mind doing that. I'd like to start learning what the various ministers actually tend to do before I start my takeover...err I mean running.

I don't know if I'll be able to make any of the chats right now though.

If anyone is interested in teaching a deputy then please PM me when they take over their new position. Thanks all.
Old June 28, 2003, 19:54   #53
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

One last announcment. These are the current candidates:

President: UnOrthOdOx
Vice President: Aro, Kloreep
DM: Nuclear Master, panag
FAM: MrWhereItsAt
SMC: GodKing

Polls going up now. No more nominations are accepted. Good luck!

Last edited by Octavian X; June 28, 2003 at 22:18.
Old June 29, 2003, 13:21   #54
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

come on people , no -one else running for elections , ......

have a nice day
Old June 29, 2003, 13:24   #55
Tassadar500
Emperor

Well at least there are two real elections.
Old June 29, 2003, 13:27   #56
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Well at least there are two real elections.

hi ,

nah , those aint " real " either , .....

there should be at least three people for each job to keep and make a bit of fun , ....

have a nice day
Old June 29, 2003, 15:08   #57
Tassadar500
Emperor

How are they not real? They are more real then running against the mighty banana.
Old June 29, 2003, 15:19   #58
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
How are they not real? They are more real then running against the mighty banana.
hi ,

real as in the sense of real elections , inwhere multiple candidates run for one job , .....

if there is only one for the job it aint a real election , ......

have a nice day
Old June 29, 2003, 18:13   #59
Tassadar500
Emperor

Well I dont know if you realise this but we arent trying to replicate real elections. If we were we would have Republican and Democratic Parties.
Old June 29, 2003, 23:01   #60
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 01:20
Quote:
Well I dont know if you realise this but we arent trying to replicate real elections. If we were we would have Republican and Democratic Parties.
... In USA. Here, in Brazil...