Old June 23, 2003, 15:31   #1
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 22:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Peace
Over the last few days, Gathering Storm and Vox Controli have been in peace negotiations to provide for an orderly evacuation of Vox's people. Gathering Storm has just officially ratified the latest version of the peace treaty, which Vox had already indicated would be acceptable to them.

In other news, the technical state of war between Glory of War and Gathering Storm that began with the unfortunate landing of Glory of War horsemen on our coast has ended. So it looks like peace and harmony will soon be restored to our world.
Old June 23, 2003, 16:25   #2
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 00:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old June 23, 2003, 16:25   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Funny how GS appoints both a minister of foreign affairs and a minister of diplomatic affairs, yet neither are the ones to make the public announcement...

Oh well, here's to the land of many voices anyway.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old June 23, 2003, 16:38   #4
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Quote:
Funny how GS appoints both a minister of foreign affairs and a minister of diplomatic affairs, yet neither are the ones to make the public announcement...

What was NYE's line, Nathan? It's like trying to herd a bunch of cats?

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old June 23, 2003, 16:39   #5
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Oh well, here's to the land of many voices anyway.
Now we know the secret to Vox's demise.
Old June 23, 2003, 16:46   #6
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Instead, it was posted by the emissary who actually conducted the final negotiations with Vox and posted the ratification poll. (Yes, I wear multiple hats. )
Old June 23, 2003, 16:51   #7
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Ah, that may be true for the Voxian half of things, since you WERE their ambassador, correct?

I suppose MSS and NYE are busy with more important tasks anyway.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old June 23, 2003, 19:46   #8
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 06:22
Ahh, I guess you weren't aware of the fact that we are all DL's of Nathan
Old June 23, 2003, 22:26   #9
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Arrian

What was NYE's line, Nathan? It's like trying to herd a bunch of cats?

-Arrian
Just use the can of kittie treats - works quite well.... (speaking from experience here.)

As to peace - yes - Vox and GS have reached agreement. GS has been both honorable and generous in their negotiations, and the people of Vox Controli recognize and appreciate this.

The leaders and warriors of Vox are tired. Peace is welcome.

Voxodus is underway.
Old June 23, 2003, 22:28   #10
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Here's to a long and industrious peace in Apolyton
Old June 24, 2003, 07:00   #11
rendelnep
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Ankh-MorporkCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 16:22
You know if it weren't for......
Old June 24, 2003, 11:40   #12
DeepO
Emperor

Yes indeed, a word of thanks to the people of Legoland is also in order. They are too easily overlooked, while they made it possible that peace was reached. So thanks, Legoland

DeepO
Old June 24, 2003, 12:49   #13
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 20:22
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

....I suppose MSS and NYE are busy with more important tasks anyway.
Yeah RL

In fact nbarclay has been doing an outstanding job filling in for my slack-a**. For that I owe him a great deal of respect and gratitude.

I participate in this game in fits and starts due to RL commitments (Family, Home, job and me). I am in the middle of some very real, drastic transformations and I do not think it is gonna stabilize for another year or two. I feel pretty bad about my lack of involvment, it is a new thing for me to be unable to immerse myself (too much) in any endevor. I contribute when i can, but sometimes (read more than half) I am just too tired to be any good.

Anyway This is public and that was meant (primarialy) for the folks in GS.... but UnO puts it soo well

Anyway.... Yea!! for peace, I told all you StormHawks, just keep squawking away about your death and destruction, The StormDoves will always win out...

Thank you, everybody, for finding a path to sanity and peace.

Mss,
Stormdove
nad
MoDA, GS
Old June 24, 2003, 14:50   #14
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
/me looks on sternly.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old June 24, 2003, 19:17   #15
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 21:22
yeah! peace.

now what
Old June 24, 2003, 20:57   #16
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

The dust has finally settled again after the wind has dropped.
A peaceful world is presenting itself to the audience.
Vox Controlli has been taken the wind out of their sails,
But still they sail to a new place.
While the wind has died down, the storm advances streadily.
Anyone is asking himself when the weather will change or if the weather has changed.
The trees with their green leaves hope for peaceful days.
So do the dark clouds and the golden sun.
The water only reacts to the storm.
Wild can it be when the wind starts blowing.
When will the wind start blowing again,
In this peaceful but unpeaceful land?

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old June 24, 2003, 21:25   #17
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Aidun.

Old June 24, 2003, 21:44   #18
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

I concur - Excellent prose Aidun.
Old June 24, 2003, 22:11   #19
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
yeah! peace.

now what
A multi-national "peacekeeping" operation to solve GoW's internal problems?

oh wait... they are already solved! Thank you anyway, world!

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old June 24, 2003, 22:20   #20
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

We could offer you some inspections , interested?
-
Old June 24, 2003, 22:40   #21
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by alva
We could offer you some inspections , interested?
-
250,000 of them?

God forbid you ever find out what hideous weapons of mass destruction we are developing in underground caves near Zenophobia!!

MUAHAHAHAHA

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old June 25, 2003, 06:11   #22
rendelnep
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Ankh-MorporkCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 16:22
Yeah for all we know GOW could be devoloping a radioactive beef flinger
Old June 25, 2003, 08:29   #23
Beta
lifer
Deity

Or better yet - the Canadian not-so-secret weapon: a mad cow injected with a large dose of SARS.
Old June 25, 2003, 08:49   #24
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
I participate in this game in fits and starts due to RL commitments (Family, Home, job and me). I am in the middle of some very real, drastic transformations and I do not think it is gonna stabilize for another year or two. I feel pretty bad about my lack of involvment, it is a new thing for me to be unable to immerse myself (too much) in any endevor. I contribute when i can, but sometimes (read more than half) I am just too tired to be any good.
A pain I know all too well. MSS, we should form a RL support group for all of us with busy schedules...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old June 25, 2003, 10:05   #25
Beta
lifer
Deity

Aidun's prose has inspired the fund-raisers of Vox.
Old June 25, 2003, 10:36   #26
alva
Deity

BTW Beta:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=90341

Old June 25, 2003, 19:58   #27
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
BTW Beta:

Well damm - that can ruin your whole day!!

But you know - he wasn't the real Al-sahhaf.....

...and what's worse - avatars are disabled and I cannot switch to a more 'topical' avatar for today's events. Thanks for the update Alva.
Old June 26, 2003, 16:24   #28
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 20:22
OH HOW WEIRD
Quote:
BTW Beta:

It was really weird to see a whole bunch of posts saying "Free MSS !" in the off-topic section..

I never knew I was captured, never mind thatI didn't know any of the posters

Mss
Old June 28, 2003, 04:22   #29
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

well the Vox team has destroyed all of their weapons of mass destruction before the takeover of land by the GS nation. You can prove nothing. You all look like fools

We were just a simple peace loving nation, who made a simple little mistake. And then we are brutally counter attacked for no reason
Old June 29, 2003, 16:17   #30
DeepO
Emperor

Even in the peace thread, the trash-talking continues

DeepO