Old June 23, 2003, 15:45   #1
Thorn
Prince

Local Time: 00:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Why can't I be as nice as I want to be?
I have a very repressed good heart... but hurt begets hurt I guess... I'm in some sort of a cycle... Why do I have empathy but no sympathy for people...? Why do I feel like a bad person so much of the time? Why do I get so angry at people that hurt others and want to hurt them?

PS Ming: Why can I never discuss this here... I talk to professionals but all my doctor wants to talk about is Harry Potter...? I don't get anything out of it... and no one listens to me about that fact...

I have a thread half life of 2 minutes... sigh.
Old June 23, 2003, 15:48   #2
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 23:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
When your typical thread is Should we kill everybody, or, I'm a mean terorist who you should be afraid of...

It's actually a surprise your threads last 2 minutes...
Old June 23, 2003, 15:49   #3
Thorn
Prince

Maybe I don't mean what I say so literally sometimes... more philisophically...
Old June 23, 2003, 15:51   #4
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
Why do I have empathy but no sympathy for people...?
How can you have empathy for objects?
Old June 23, 2003, 15:52   #5
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 21:22
you mentioned if you had evil thoughts if you were a bad person.

I was going to answer that, but that other thread disappeared.

I hope having evil thoughts doesn't make you evil, because sometimes I have evil thoughts.
Old June 23, 2003, 15:54   #6
Thorn
Prince

I'm just not very good at expressing myself.

Quote:
How can you have empathy for objects?
Because sometimes they are, other times they aren't.... depends on what is going on in my brain...
Old June 23, 2003, 15:57   #7
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

You can be whatever you want to be.
I have a friend that was born in Canada.
After a few decades, he was able to morph into a Texan.
Old June 23, 2003, 16:00   #8
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 06:22
Maybe there is some huge frustration that is haunting you (not necessarily of sexual nature).
Or maybe you just like simple and fast "solutions" to problems, and brute force is always the simple solution, even though it doesn't work often.
You may be an impatient person with no aim in his life, and nothing to channel your energy.

From what I read in your posts, it seems you have kept a characteristic of childhood, which is to want everyting NOW. You seem not to have learned to be patient (again, I only base this opinion on your posts), and that may explain why you think about violence so often.

Children also think about killing people who annoy them all the time.
Old June 23, 2003, 16:03   #9
Thorn
Prince

If you wonder why I start talking all this crazy **** every now and again... this thing talks to me in my head and says it is the Demon Madrigal (I only mentioned the name in case someone here who knows demonology could look it up for me)... it pokes and prodes some of my vast amount of hurt into wierd obsessions with destruction....

It is very mean to me...none of you would understand this I guess.... it is very critical of me... and tries to wrestle away any hope I ever get...

I think I am possesed... b/c I'm not supposed to have hallucinations on the level of meds I am on (it should be almost impossible actually)...
Old June 23, 2003, 16:03   #10
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old June 23, 2003, 16:07   #11
Thorn
Prince

I know this demon thing is very weird and probably unbelievable for you skeptics...

but it is the stuff that it says to me that is really bothersome...

It says I will do what it wants no matter what....I am its slave... that I will continue to suffer forever... that I am nothing more then a weapon for it... that anyone I care about or ever will shall be hurt terribly because of me...
Old June 23, 2003, 16:09   #12
Thorn
Prince

You know you hear things enough you can start to believe them...
Old June 23, 2003, 16:10   #13
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Demon Madrigal

Quote:
I know this demon thing is very weird and probably unbelievable for you skeptics...
I am skeptical for a different reason than you may suppose.

Aren't you a Christian EvC?
Old June 23, 2003, 16:10   #14
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 04:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Thorn
If you wonder why I start talking all this crazy **** every now and again... this thing talks to me in my head and says it is the Demon Madrigal (I only mentioned the name in case someone here who knows demonology could look it up for me)... it pokes and prodes some of my vast amount of hurt into wierd obsessions with destruction....

It is very mean to me...none of you would understand this I guess.... it is very critical of me... and tries to wrestle away any hope I ever get...

I think I am possesed... b/c I'm not supposed to have hallucinations on the level of meds I am on (it should be almost impossible actually)...
Well, it could be one of two things:

Schizophrenia.
An actual demonic posession.

Are you on anti-psychotic medication right now?
Old June 23, 2003, 16:10   #15
Thorn
Prince

No I'm not... I was raised to be agnostic...
Old June 23, 2003, 16:11   #16
Thorn
Prince

Quote:
Are you on anti-psychotic medication right now?
Yes tons... so much so that they've had to lower it or I won't be able to get out of bed... and continue with my life...
Old June 23, 2003, 16:13   #17
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:

Yes tons... so much so that they've had to lower it or I won't be able to get out of bed... and continue with my life...
Hmm....Then it could be an actual demon.

A demon cannot "posess" someone in the traditional sense, but it can influence them and haunt them. Can you speak with it in your mind?
Old June 23, 2003, 16:15   #18
Thorn
Prince

Quote:
Hmm....Then it could be an actual demon.

A demon cannot "posess" someone in the traditional sense, but it can influence them and haunt them. Can you speak with it in your mind?
A friend of mine is into witchcraft and is a psychic... she said some maliganet spirits hang around me (one in particular)... and she tried to put a barrior up against it... but I don't think it is working...
Old June 23, 2003, 16:16   #19
Nubclear

Quote:

A friend of mine is into witchcraft and is a psychic... she said some maliganet spirits hang around me (one in particular)... and she tried to put a barrior up against it... but I don't think it is working...
Do you have MSN messenger or Yahoo messenger? I'll need to speak with your privately
Old June 23, 2003, 16:17   #20
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
No I'm not... I was raised to be agnostic...
Well, I'm not an old-timer so I haven't seen the EvC persona as much as the others.

If so demon possession could be a possibility.

Quote:
Demon Madrigal (I only mentioned the name in case someone here who knows demonology could look it up for me)...
What other kinds of things does Madrigal say?
Old June 23, 2003, 16:17   #21
Japher
Emperor

You are very irrational, that is why you behave the way you do.

A good friend of mine (going on 15 years) is the same way. He can't even say 'thank you' at a fast food restaurant without getting the evil eye... Sad thing is, he is sincere about it, but they think they are mocking him.

His problem, and seems to be your problem, is that you are in a mindset that you are the only one in the world. While you are empathic you lack the sympathies that would allow you to be more polite. A lot of this comes from irrational, or unformed, opinions. It is something akin to confussion of the world around you, but is more centered on you, because it is yourself you are confussed about.

You need to discover yourself (not in a peverted way, though that may help), and find out what it is that you really like, dislike, etc... then address the situation over and over, until you can find a sane and rational way to have an opinion on something. I don't mean choosing a side of debate, I mean to figure out what is that makes you tick... are you a passifist, a confromter, etc... establish your morals....
Old June 23, 2003, 16:17   #22
Thorn
Prince

yahoo... I am evan_vc ... but don't think you can do something... anyone who tries to help me is either hurt or prevented from doing so...
Old June 23, 2003, 16:19   #23
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
anyone who tries to help me is either hurt or prevented from doing so...
In what manner?
Old June 23, 2003, 16:23   #24
Thorn
Prince

Well I don't know much about this crap... but if it gets paniced it tends to cause me or fate to act erratically...
Old June 23, 2003, 16:25   #25
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Something tells me that you still haven't gotten over your mom dumping you and your dad not caring and you're looking for someone to tell you what to do, and in your anger, the what to do part involves hurting others since you can't really hurt your original parents.

RAH
but what do I know, I'm just a poly-sci major.
Old June 23, 2003, 17:30   #26
Thorn
Prince

You know without the demon thing I'd still have plenty of problems... I'm just wondering if it is the source of some of my more peculier ones....

I talked with yet another person about this now... I don't really know what to do... I talk about this stuff with my therapist and I'll be under lock and key for the rest of my life...

It is really hard for people to believe you over the internet... and I wonder how much help people can be on the internet about this. I'm sure that you can't exorcise someone online... and I'm not even sure if a real one would work....

I just get real weird vibes about going to church or letting someone exorcise me...

The best I can do is ask for someone to pray for me... I can't pray with them...

You see I'd like to know more about this demon.... but I'm afraid that would help him somehow... I'm afraid if I do anything I help him...

You've heard me sometimes.... I rant and rave for no reason then am fine the next minute...

I don't know what to believe... I don't even know what to believe in... but with the strange stuff that happens around me and to me it gets me to thinking about this...

I dunno anybody have any ideas... I'm pretty confused about this...
Old June 23, 2003, 17:59   #27
Cruddy
Warlord

Local Time: 05:22
Quote:
You know without the demon thing I'd still have plenty of problems... I'm just wondering if it is the source of some of my more peculier ones....
"Madrigal" is an old style of music for dancing. Subconviously you probably realise this, so maybe it's a codeword for you impulse to have fun.

Now, people have fun different ways - but if you haven't been having fun, then it's understandable feeling screwed around.

In demonology terms, knowing a demon's name gives you power over that demon - can you honestly believe a demon would give you power over it? Oh no.

Quote:
I talked with yet another person about this now... I don't really know what to do... I talk about this stuff with my therapist and I'll be under lock and key for the rest of my life...

It is really hard for people to believe you over the internet... and I wonder how much help people can be on the internet about this. I'm sure that you can't exorcise someone online... and I'm not even sure if a real one would work....
The fact that you are able to communicate you have a problem tells me you don't have a true possession (very rare thankfully). You do however have dark impulses - we all do. The trick is to master them, ignore them, to put your effort and energy into something worthwhile.

Quote:
I just get real weird vibes about going to church or letting someone exorcise me...

The best I can do is ask for someone to pray for me... I can't pray with them...
Well, who wouldn't have a problem with this? Prayer is difficult. I went for many years without it. Now it's a daily thing for me... but don't believe you are truly lost. Just a long way from home.

Quote:
You see I'd like to know more about this demon.... but I'm afraid that would help him somehow... I'm afraid if I do anything I help him...
We fight evil by doing good. Find someway to help people, people you've never met. Any effort at all here should help - it won't please those dark impulses in your hard, but it will make you feel better to achieve something.

Quote:
You've heard me sometimes.... I rant and rave for no reason then am fine the next minute...
Blowing off steam? Maybe going to a sports event and blowing off steam in the crowd might help. Lots of ways to use excess energy.

Quote:
I don't know what to believe... I don't even know what to believe in... but with the strange stuff that happens around me and to me it gets me to thinking about this...

I dunno anybody have any ideas... I'm pretty confused about this...
Believe that you can make a difference to the world around you. Not a huge difference, maybe not even measureable... but if you feel totallly cut off from humanity, then yes, you will have dark thoughts.

I know I did. But I'm much better now. Believe you can get better and do things to help control your thoughts. Sometimes we think far too much when we should be doing something - even just playing cards or reading a book.
"The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84
Old June 23, 2003, 18:11   #28
Thorn
Prince

I've been possesed twice (I was locked up for one of those times)... but it talks to me frequently... it is always ranting about something to do with my harnessing its power to free its master...
Old June 23, 2003, 18:19   #29
Cruddy
Warlord

Local Time: 05:22
Maybe getting a job on a demolition crew might help.

It certainly does me a pile of good to knock the crap out of something.

Rage without release does horrible things to the personality.

After that, try a gardening job to learn some creative skills.

Hope this helps.
"The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84
Old June 23, 2003, 18:21   #30
Thorn
Prince

I have allergies so I stay inside most of the time...