View Poll Results: Are you interested in playing a Civ2 Democracy Game of Exodus?
Yes - Sign me up right away! 20 66.67%
No - It will never work. 6 20.00%
Maybe - Just a small role please! 4 13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 29, 2003, 23:12   #31
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 00:23
Local Date: November 2, 2010
We'll get everything sorted out once the separate thread for hte game is made, but if no one objects I don't see why not. conmcb25 has expressed interest in being immigration minister (someone has to manage those immigrants who give a nice production boost).
Old June 30, 2003, 06:38   #32
Valuk
Warlord

Local Time: 04:23
Why not play the Arabs and drive out the etnocidal Israeli opressors??! Allah is on our side! [Please don't send any mail bombs or anything, it was just a suggestion ]
Old June 30, 2003, 08:57   #33
Sirotnikov
DiplomacyApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 06:23
Don't worry, we Israelis are nice.

We don't send mail bombs or Anthrax. We might report you to the ADL but that's that.

And we keep mossad agents for more important jobs

How is immigration implemented? also what version of Civ 2 do I need?

I have 2.42 and MGE.

I've never played this scenario, or infact, I think any scenario with an events file.
Old June 30, 2003, 09:09   #34
Stefan Härtel
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 05:23
Sirotnikov:
You need MGE to run the scenario, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Old July 1, 2003, 00:07   #35
EmuGod
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Valuk
Why not play the Arabs and drive out the etnocidal Israeli opressors??! Allah is on our side! [Please don't send any mail bombs or anything, it was just a suggestion ]
Funny that you're calling the Israelis by such names when it was your country who kicked out its Jewish population which had to go to Israel. And we want our Ark of the covenant back!
Old July 1, 2003, 11:41   #36
Stefan Härtel
King

Quote:
Originally posted by EmuGod:
And we want our Ark of the covenant back!
If you ever figure out which box it's in!
Old July 1, 2003, 12:12   #37
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Ok guys, I've been asking for a sub-forum for this game and we need a minimum number of players (12). As I've tomorrow my final degree exam, I'm somewhat nervous , so I will wait until tomorrow in order to compile the list of players.

So, you have until tomorrow in order to join/drop from this game

I'll tell you the next step to open our subforum tomorrow.

Old July 1, 2003, 17:11   #38
EmuGod
Prince

I spoke with DanQ about creating a sub forum for the game as well and he needs each of you to send him a PM (private message) telling him you're interested. He also needs someone to create some sort of graphic, Sirotnikov, I think you expressed interest in that, so you'll have to pm him about that too.
Old July 1, 2003, 18:01   #39
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 07:23
Yaroslav, how did the exam go?

Great scenario. Challenging. So let's start to draw the lines of our cabinet? What ministers will there be?
Old July 1, 2003, 18:16   #40
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 8, 2003 at 00:32.
Old July 1, 2003, 19:30   #41
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 8, 2003 at 00:35.
Old July 1, 2003, 20:41   #42
EmuGod
Prince

Any unit that has a dollar sign next to it is one that must be bought. When the war breaks out, a unit called Shimon Peres appaears in the isalnds in the top left hands corner of the screen. You use him to attack those units and they are created in Israel, while a fee is taken from the treasury for each unit killed. The units with the dolalr signs indicate that they have no movement rate because they are meant to be bought. Once bought, real armored cars, T-34s, etc. will appear in Israel.

For the political system, I guess we should all create political parties (there are almost as many partiesi n Israel as there are people) and then everyone will vote for the prime minister candidate from each party. The percentage of votes a prime minister gets is the percentage of seats in the knesset that party wins. So we can have say 5 members of knesset, each being a minister of something.

Don't worry, conmcb, there are plenty of things for everyone, so even if we get more people they will have what to do.
Old July 2, 2003, 08:42   #43
Stefan Härtel
King

EmuGod:
Will there be coalitions? Can everyone form a party, or should we form major parties and have each player choose his party?
Old July 2, 2003, 09:31   #44
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 8, 2003 at 00:37.
Old July 2, 2003, 11:44   #45
Stefan Härtel
King

It's a mistake, it happened to me too. Perhaps we could fix it, but that would be rather difficult. I simply disbanded these units.
We could also simply wipe all goody huts off the map.
Old July 2, 2003, 16:30   #46
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

OK thats a good explanation but what about when armored cars appear in Israel via a unit moving on top of a villiage (goody hut)? I have gotten IDF Infantry, money, and armored cars. The armored cars from "goody huts" have the dollar signs and of course dont move. That seems like a mistake. Should we correct this?
This happens becasue the armored cars to be bougth (that have the $ sign), are in the slots of RULES.TXT reserved for barbarians!

In fact, I suggest to wipe out all the goody huts, because the arabs gets IDF units from them! (And also diplomats, I think: I spotted the AI bribing out my city of Eliat, which is a non-sense thing)
Old July 2, 2003, 16:32   #47
yaroslav
Emperor

As EmuGod has told us, we need that every single player interested in our game send a PM to DanQ, in order to get a subforum.

BTW, Siro, I like the idea of customized avatars. I'm willing to see them
Old July 2, 2003, 16:51   #48
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 8, 2003 at 00:40.
Old July 2, 2003, 17:45   #49
yaroslav
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel
Yaroslav, how did the exam go?
Very good, I'm now an engineer
Old July 2, 2003, 19:20   #50
EmuGod
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
EmuGod:
Will there be coalitions? Can everyone form a party, or should we form major parties and have each player choose his party?
Of course there will. In Israel getting 30% of the knesset's seats is amazing, so that will probably be simulated. But people who are IDF commanders wont be able to be in the knesset because military officers are not allowed to be in politics unless they resign first from the military. Also, we need the spots in the knesset for players other than the front commanders to be able to use. I thinkthat in order to form your own party, the party needs to have at least 2 members to it. Otherwise, we'll get everyone forming their own party and voting for themselves. Remember to make a numbered list of who in the party goes into the knesset so that when the party wins a certain percentage, the top people from the list will go into the knesset. We can work with the parties once we get the sub forum and then we'll assign people to controlling parts of the IDF, so everyone pm DanQ soon so we can begin ASAP.
Old July 2, 2003, 22:50   #51
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

DanQ sent me back a PM today and said I was third on the list. I certainly hope that means we have more then three right now but just in case:

HURRY AND SEND A PM TO DANQ!
Old July 3, 2003, 10:19   #52
Sirotnikov
Emperor

What graphic should appear?

I will be founder of the Liberal Zionist party.
Old July 3, 2003, 17:18   #53
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

wow , great thing going on

vote " yes "

have a nice day
Old July 4, 2003, 10:22   #54
Stefan Härtel
King

Hey, DanQ said I was number four on the list. C'mon people, send him a PM! If such a shy person as myself dares to do so...
Old July 4, 2003, 14:32   #55
Sirotnikov
Emperor

I'm number 5.

Come on people!!!!
Old July 5, 2003, 15:31   #56
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sirotnikov
What graphic should appear?

I will be founder of the Liberal Zionist party.
hi ,

good , i shall be the founder then of the republican likuds , .....

have a nice day

edit ; typo

Last edited by panag; July 6, 2003 at 12:14.
Old July 5, 2003, 16:46   #57
yaroslav
Emperor

Come on, people, send the PM!

BTW, I'll be out for a whole week. Emugod is the guy you should ask for info about this game
Old July 5, 2003, 17:20   #58
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by yaroslav
Come on, people, send the PM!

BTW, I'll be out for a whole week. Emugod is the guy you should ask for info about this game
hi ,

PM send , just waiting for the answer , ........

have a nice day
Old July 6, 2003, 06:56   #59
Valuk
Warlord

Local Time: 04:23
You presume too much, EmuGod.
The maximum number of Jews in my country reached about 300 people who were kicked out by the year 1450.
It's the current situation that I was talking about and the Israelis ARE commiting holocaust as we speak.
Old July 6, 2003, 06:59   #60
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Valuk
You presume too much, EmuGod.
The maximum number of Jews in my country reached about 300 people who were kicked out by the year 1450.
It's the current situation that I was talking about and the Israelis ARE commiting holocaust as we speak.

what the **** is this , go post your rubish somewhere else , ......