Old August 20, 2003, 15:42   #61
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 23:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Sounds good, but I think we can switch to wealth next turn with few reprecussions, and many benefits. As an added bonus we get an additional +1 industry, further reducing mineral costs (SP here we come).
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old August 21, 2003, 08:24   #62
Chaunk
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 04:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Wealth first, FM later I would say. We can still use the garrison unit at this point methinks.

On the subject of a second functions office, do we need one? I decided we didn't really since all the roles of second function are covered by the other functions duties. I figured that the second functions job is more of a checking role, pointing out what other people have missed or stepping in where needed. Not sure if that's right (or indeed if I've done that very well at all ) but "c'est la vie!" etc.

C
Old August 21, 2003, 08:26   #63
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:26
Well we put SE under the Second Function. But if there will be a Second Function's Office, I'd ask to untop the four Offices. The topped threads list is becoming quite long, and I assume the four offices will stay topped on their own because they are among the most used threads.
Old August 21, 2003, 09:49   #64
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

There are quite a few topped threads, but they run the game. With an office for each official we can run the game in them. All other threads need to be are polls and spam. I could untop them if you wanted, but I think having the ones that may be used infrequently, but that need to be there, in case someone wants to make a suggestion, should be topped.

As for SEs, I'd say change to Wealth now, and once we have an SP built and our troops back switch to FM.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Last edited by Drogue; August 21, 2003 at 09:55.
Old August 21, 2003, 13:11   #65
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Well you are right. I just find it annoying I always have to scroll down to see if anyone posted something new in another thread besides the topped ones.
Old August 21, 2003, 15:57   #66
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Then put the resolution up (I'm, just a smug git because I got a new 19" Trinitron monitor to play with )

Old August 23, 2003, 20:14   #67
Corellion
Prince

Regarding the proposed roads:

Looks good, but I was wondering if we should not build the LL - AP road to be one tile west. To do so would make the trip quicker, but would require one additional tile of terraforming. What does everyone think?
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
Old August 30, 2003, 09:52   #68
Maniac

/me packs his gear and moves to the External Affairs Office.
Old September 3, 2003, 07:27   #69
Drogue
staff

The turn is posted, although since I'm at work, I cannot view it until I get home. I will have a look at ~7pm BST (6pm GMT proper, but 7pm British time) and if there is nothing interesting, I will play with what orders we have. If anything is needed opinions for, I will post later this evening, ~8pm ish.

Old September 3, 2003, 09:04   #70
Maniac

I just opened the turn. Nothing unexpected has happened, so my last orders in the Orders thread still count.
Old September 3, 2003, 16:00   #71
Corellion
Prince

I have to run, so if I haven't posted by the time you play, continue. I'll try to soon though.
Old September 3, 2003, 16:47   #72
Corellion
Prince

Er, it's not working. The zip file appears to contain nothing (although given the fact that you've downloaded it already, I know this to be false). Does anybody know what's going on?
Old September 4, 2003, 06:33   #73
Maniac

Corellion, the (presend) file works for me. It's an unzipped file though IIRC.

Last edited by Maniac; June 12, 2004 at 08:52.
Old September 4, 2003, 07:26   #74
Drogue
staff

Actually I did trawl through the IAF and EAF office threads to look for orders, and tried to follow those in the orders thread, but I cannot read threads while in game, and I though youe meant for the eastern scout nr. Aurora to garrison Zetaris (more in need of garrison IMHO). Was there anything else I did differently? I couldn't remember the details about which scout in Boolean bay so Idid what I thogut was sensible. Besides, havign not seen the turn for ages, I didn't even know where the new bases were (I have no orders for positioning of CPs) so couldn't know where the corresponding scotus should go. Could someone point em to the polls if they have been done? Which actions specifically did you have a prolem with?

Old September 4, 2003, 07:54   #75
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
Actually I did trawl through the IAF and EAF office threads to look for orders, and tried to follow those in the orders thread, but I cannot read threads while in game,
Doesn't the taskbar appear when you press the Windows key, alowing you to access other programs?
Old September 4, 2003, 16:23   #76
Drogue
staff

No The start menu does, but not the taskbar. I can *sometimes* get it up by going into taskbar properties from the start menu, and changing something, but that doesn't always work

Old September 4, 2003, 17:43   #77
Chaunk
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Press the windows key and then press win+tab or alt+tab should do the trick.

C
Old September 7, 2003, 14:13   #78
Maniac

Drogue, unless you don't remember anymore what exactly you did, could you please replay the turn and post it? That way it will be easier to make orders for next turn.
Old September 7, 2003, 17:40   #79
Drogue
staff

I will try, however it's late and I have work. Will try tomorrow, although presume your orders were followed and go for orders from there. I think apart from the bits mentioned in the IAF office, I am fine for new orders, as the old ones haven't run out yet.

However some diplomacy might be a good idea. Any idea? Contact the Angels for tech trades maybe?

Old September 8, 2003, 22:25   #80
Corellion
Prince

Can I please get a copy of the turn? I currently have no easy way to put my orders together.
Old September 9, 2003, 06:22   #81
Drogue
staff

Sorry for not doing it last night. I... um... haven't been home yet Comrade Claire is very demanding of my time.

Old September 9, 2003, 07:56   #82
Corellion
Prince

Don't worry... there's no real rush, as I believe most orders are out anyway.
Old September 9, 2003, 08:32   #83
Maniac

Well there's the issue of the AP crawler which I would suggest to send to Logic Loop. Besides that, there isn't really anything urgent I guess.
Old September 9, 2003, 08:53   #84
Drogue
staff

Exactly my thoughts. Should be out tonight though.

Old September 9, 2003, 09:10   #85
Corellion
Prince

I concur with Maniac (and Drogue too, if I'm interpreting his statement correctly). Since that's the three most active members, as well as the Internal and External Affairs functions, and the Prime Function, I believe we don't need to poll.
Old September 9, 2003, 10:31   #86
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

well as the last a little bit active member....and totally not knowing where we are with the game i concur too....(sorry for the low post count but i am just starting my study as a aerospace engineer and it takes a lot of time)
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old September 9, 2003, 10:45   #87
Corellion
Prince

I believe that constitutes an informal poll. Let it be so.
Old September 9, 2003, 11:27   #88
Drogue
staff

It does, and it will be

Old September 13, 2003, 10:07   #89
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
sorry for the low post count but i am just starting my study as a aerospace engineer and it takes a lot of time)
In Delft?

Anyway, I have a small question for Drogue. Is the fact that the nutrient square in DBTSverse Portal's base radius isn't worked an intentional decision to eg produce the crawler faster, or did the game automatically place those bases' workers?
Old September 13, 2003, 12:38   #90
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

yep in Delft
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us