Old October 13, 2003, 09:01   #121
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 04:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Sorry, I looked for the Logic Loop scout, and forgot it was in the base all along Will be done next turn.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old November 7, 2003, 07:04   #122
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 16:26
A hearty BUMP!

Honestly, there has been no discussion of orders recently? Maybe that's because no-one knows what the save password is! Let the discussions commence!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old November 7, 2003, 11:45   #123
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 23:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Discussions typically take place either in individual threads or in the office of the appropriate function. This thread is more for general faction-wide policy (of which there has been no debate lately) or pointing out errors in turn playing.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old November 7, 2003, 20:29   #124
Corellion
Prince

I'll give it three hours, then I'll play the turn.

And no... at no point did I say I'd play it in 1.5 hours. Never.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).

Last edited by Corellion; November 7, 2003 at 23:44.
Old November 8, 2003, 02:40   #125
Corellion
Prince

Alright... you all may have noticed that I haven't played the turn. Unfortunately, I will not be able to tonight. Incredibly important personal matters came up as I was about to play the turn, and I didn't have time to play. I apologise, and I'll try and play tomorrow morning if it hasn't been done already.
Old November 8, 2003, 09:16   #126
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

I'm sorry for my absense, I have played, by my internet is f**king up, and so I can't get online at home, where I have the save, and the game installed. I'm currently online at a friends house. It is played, and will be posted whenever I can get online at home, however is anyone wants to play in the meantime, please do. We are late Have PMed Googlie.

Old November 22, 2003, 17:58   #127
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:26
If anyone is interested in following the turnchat, please go to #cycon at mIRC right now.
Old November 30, 2003, 07:48   #128
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Maniac - I still can't find where you asked if there was interest in a turnchat. When I saw you I was just out of bed, first thing on a Sunday morning. Else I would have been there.

As for the ship issue - we know there may be a PEACE transport around near that Rover, but no sign of any offensive units. I think we should risk not upgrading and spoiling the surprise until we are ready.

As for PUT, we should politely let them know that we have settle designs on that land, and ask if they would please consider accepting our claim. In return, we ask if they have any landmass of equivalent size they claim by right of having nearby bases.

Old November 30, 2003, 17:33   #129
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

I last more or less said it in the MY 2147 turnthread IIRC.

Btw, are you talking about that drone scout patrol on our continent?
Old November 30, 2003, 19:32   #130
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Yes I WAS talking about the Drone Scout Patrol - just go thorribly confused. The pitfalls of only having the save open when no-one else is around.

Old December 7, 2003, 13:14   #131
Maniac

I'll play the turn in a few hours, because tomorrow I probably won't have the time.
In response to Impaler's PM: I probably won't be online anymore at 1 AM GMT, as tomorrow I will have to get up 6 o'clock in the morning, just like Tuesday and Wednesday btw.
Old December 7, 2003, 20:23   #132
Maniac

I'll wait 24 hours with playing the turn as we have much new data to assimilate. I would especially like to have a look at the second half of the PEACE infiltrator information within these next 24 hours, so we can make better informed decisions on what to do this year. Let's hope one of us can talk to a Hivean about that.
Old December 20, 2003, 21:01   #133
Drogue
staff

Can Maniac please log in, accept the Pact and then wait before playing the next turn? I would like to assimilate some information re troop movements before they are moved. I can find the location of their probe foil, so we only need use one ship to destroy it.

Thank you. I will post when I have the info, and then you can go ahead and play the turn

Old December 20, 2003, 21:19   #134
Maniac

Quote:
Can Maniac please log in, accept the Pact and then wait before playing the next turn?
Just to be sure, do you mean open the turn, accept the pact (and vote in the council probably), and then post a midturn-save?

Btw, how would you gain the location of the probe foil? AFAIK, at least when trying it on PEACE in MY 2141, I can't see the location of the units of your pactmate (or the pactmate of your pactmate).
Old December 20, 2003, 21:49   #135
Drogue
staff

Maniac: Yes, a midterm save. That was we can see the information we have on PEACE before moving military units. Or I can just look at information in the save they send.

If you look at the individual base screen, you see where they are working. If you then click on the resource tab, you can see the locations of all units that require support from that base.

Old December 21, 2003, 12:04   #136
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 21:26
Probes dont need support though.

I suspect their moving down towards Binary Bastion if so their is likly only 1 spot they can be at (62,78). We should move the Mammoth 2 spaces west and we will be able to check this spot without delaying any other ship or the transpot itself from reaching its destination. Then we can then destroy it with the Love Boat.

In additon Kody stated the Foil was moving SW which would be consistent with that path.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old December 23, 2003, 18:51   #137
Maniac

Impaler, your PM box is full!
Old December 23, 2003, 20:39   #138
Drogue
staff

Googlie has given us the co-ordinates, in case any of you haven't seen the posts about it.

Old January 2, 2004, 13:19   #139
Maniac

Please wait with playing the turn. We'll have to do some serious replanning.
Old January 2, 2004, 18:44   #140
Drogue
staff

Sure

Old January 3, 2004, 21:21   #141
Maniac

Drogue, do you have time to play the turn now? The deadline is in nine hours and I don't know if you'll be able to play before then. I have made the mistake of closing the save file the wrong way, so if I would play, there would be a reload and I'd like to avoid that.
I'm in #cycon btw at the moment.
Old January 3, 2004, 21:39   #142
Drogue
staff

I am about to play. Will try to use chat for a turnchat, but if it keeps messing up, will just play with orders given already

Old January 3, 2004, 23:26   #143
Drogue
staff

Sorry about it messing up. Have played. Everything went pretty much ok

Old January 11, 2004, 06:21   #144
Maniac

Quote:
4) The idiot that I am I forgot to change the new AP worker to a doctor I presume it got the B drone this time, and so will riot. I did IAF orders 1st, as always (in case the turn ends and things aren't done) but I had that with EAF orders and completely forgot Very sorry for that
5) Didn't read the rehome order for CCS Alpha Pi until after moved out of Margaritaville. Sorry, I can't print atm, so go through orders one at a time to make sure. Sadly did the order before moving to the notes after
To prevent such mistakes, can I give you the tip to read the entire orderset first before you start executing them point by point?

Edit: Btw, how went things with the naval yards? Did you scrap the one in Athena Anchorage before capturing MVille? Was there one in MVille when you captured it? Did a new one appear in another base?

Last edited by Maniac; January 11, 2004 at 07:21.
Old January 11, 2004, 10:19   #145
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
To prevent such mistakes, can I give you the tip to read the entire orderset first before you start executing them point by point?
A good idea. One I did, but I didn't remember the add ons to that order. It was late, and while sober, I had been out that night

Quote:
Edit: Btw, how went things with the naval yards? Did you scrap the one in Athena Anchorage before capturing MVille? Was there one in MVille when you captured it? Did a new one appear in another base?
I scrapped AAs at first, and we got another one in Mville, which is also scrapped. No new ones appeared.

Old January 18, 2004, 11:55   #146
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
BTW, I have family over atm, so will not be on as much tonight or tomorrow. Sorry for the incovenience.
Is it ok if I play the turn then as Second Function?
Old January 18, 2004, 13:04   #147
Drogue
staff

Actually, family have left. Can play turn tonight

Old January 18, 2004, 13:07   #148
Maniac

I'll need to post EAF orders then. There are a few changes.
Old January 19, 2004, 17:04   #149
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Re: Midturn report MY 2153
Quote:
That means that, unlike what I expected, the bug that allows you to build roads on fungus doesn't work anymore. I gues they fixed that in some patch. Sorry for the wasted former time it took.
Bug?
You can build roads in fungus with Centauri Empathy tech. Not a bug.

Post moved from Turn Reports thread

Last edited by Drogue; January 20, 2004 at 10:44.
Old January 19, 2004, 17:34   #150
Maniac

In response to obstructor in the turn report thread:

Quote:
Bug?
You can build roads in fungus with Centauri Empathy tech. Not a bug.
We don't have CentEmp yet. In previous versions of SMAC there was the ability to build roads on fungus by using the Ctrl+R (Build Road To) terraforming choice instead of simply building a road.