Old June 25, 2003, 01:55   #1
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 04:29
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Time to Create Laws
Please note that the following are general guidelines, and more specific laws may result in more specific punishments. It is a Class C Felony for a judge to go over the Maximal Punishment. It is a Class A Misdemeanor to go under the Minimum Punishment. For more information, please consult the Commissioner of General Security and the Commissioner of Public Safety.

CLASS C GENERAL INFRACTION
Minimum Punishment: Private Reprimand
Maximal Punishment: Public Reprimand

CLASS B GENERAL INFRACTION
Minimum Punishment: Private Reprimand involving Physical Stimuli
Maximal Punishment: Public Reprimand

CLASS A GENERAL INFRACTION
Minimum Punishment: Public Reprimand, Court Sentence in Labour Camp up to 1 Week
Maximal Punishment: Public Reprimand invovling Physical Stimuli, Court Sentence in Labour Camp up to 10 Week

CLASS D MISDEMEANOR
Minimum Punishment: Public Reprimand involving Physical Simtuli, Court Sentence in Labour Camp up to 3 Weeks
Maximal Punishment: Public Reprimand involving Physical Simtuli, Court Sentence in Sweat Camp up to 10 Weeks

CLASS C MISDEMEANOR
Minimum Punishment: Public Reprimand involving The Chamber, Court Sentence in Sweat Camp up to 20 Weeks
Maximal Punishment: Public Reprimand invovling The Chamber, Court Sentence in Sweat Camp up to 20 Weeks

CLASS B MISDEMEANOR
Minimum Punishment: Public Reprimand involving The Chamber, Court Sentence in Sweat Camp up to 40 Weeks
Maximal Punishment: Public and Private Reprimand involving the Chamber, Court Sentence in Sweat Camp up to 60 Weeks

CLASS A MISDEMEANOR
Minimum Punishment: Public and Private Reprimand involving Class 10 Nerve Staple, Court Sentence in Sweat Camp up to 100 Weeks
Maximal Punishment: Public and Private Reprimand involving Class 9 Nerve Staple, Court Sentence in Sweat Camp up to 110 Weeks

CLASS C FELONY
Minimum Punishment: Public and Private Repirmand involving Class 7 Nerve Staple, Court Sentence in Torture Camp up to 30 Weeks
Maximal Punishment: Public and Private Reprimand involving Class 6 Nerve Staple, Court Sentence in Torture Camp up to 40 Weeks

CLASS B FELONY
Minimum Punishment: Public and Private Reprimand invovling Class 5 Nerve Staple, Court Sentence in Torture Camp up to 100 Weeks
Maximal Punishment: Public and Private Reprimand involving Class 3 Nerve Staple, Court Sentence in Torture Camp up to 150 Weeks

CLASS A FELONY
Minimum Punishment: Public and Private Repirmand involving Class 1 Nerve Staple, Court Sentence in Torture Camp up to 200 Weeks
Maximal Punishment: Public and Private Repirmand involving Pure Grade Nerve Staple, Court Sentence in Re-Education Camp up to 10 Years

CLASS A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY
Minimum Punishment: Chairmans Discretion
Maximal Punishment: You don't want to know. Trust me.

Old June 25, 2003, 02:12   #2
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 22:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Thinking about punishments (thank GoogleGod I'm on the PAC - immunity from prosecution ), does't the Constituion mandate the creation of a high court?
Old June 25, 2003, 02:56   #3
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Local Time: 21:29
Reguardless of the constitution (No shame to the great document), we need a high court to keep the judiciary separate from other governmental entities; even if it is just for show.
On that topic, I say we have an odd number of judges, preferably three or five.
and then refusing to decide
Old June 25, 2003, 17:23   #4
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

I believe Comrade Octavian Xenodaughnuts is correct that the constitution mandate the creation of the Supreme People's Court and local People's court. However, no judge has been appointed/elected. Maybe with the secret police force working effeciently we don't really need a judge?

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 25, 2003, 18:40   #5
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

The Chairman would appreciate any volunteers for the positions of Judges for the Supreme People's Court... to date there has been none... but since we don't have any crime in the Hive there is no need for any.
Old June 25, 2003, 18:41   #6
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Oh, and kudos to Comrade Tassadar for coming up with a criminal code, the Chairman is pleased.
Old June 25, 2003, 18:48   #7
Voltaire
King

[Chairman hat on]

Also, the Chairman requests (i.e. orders) the Peoples' Assembly Council to vote on the proposed Criminal Code, as well as appoint Judges to the Supreme People's Court. If the PAC is unable to fulfil its constitutional duty the CCC will take the liberty of doing so.

[Chairman hat off]
Old June 25, 2003, 19:39   #8
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

I nominate myself to the position. Although young to the Hive, I worked as Chief Justice in the Civ Fanatic's MSDG team.
and then refusing to decide
Old June 25, 2003, 20:41   #9
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Vander
I nominate myself to the position. Although young to the Hive, I worked as Chief Justice in the Civ Fanatic's MSDG team.
The CCC accepts your nomination, and supports your bid for the position.
Old June 25, 2003, 23:09   #10
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 18:29
I'll just settle for enforcing the law....but whatever the Chairman wishes, I'll do.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old June 25, 2003, 23:55   #11
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 14:29
Will there be Judge Dredd justice?
Old June 26, 2003, 00:37   #12
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

I've always loved this judicial stuff. I've served on various other courts in other Democracy games.

Also, as the General Secretary of the People's Advisory Council, I call a vote of the Council's deputies on the subject of the laws. Comrades Vev, Rokossovky, Frankychan, and Micha are requested (and rather required) to vote on the laws.

I vote YES.
Old June 26, 2003, 01:22   #13
Vev
King

More policing is good.
Old June 26, 2003, 02:15   #14
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

DISSENT AGAINST THE STATE
Dissent against the state is classified as in any way speaking out against the State of the Human Hive in any way.
It is a Class D Misdemeanor.

REFUSAL TO WORK
Refusal to work is constituted as not following orders from a superior officer.
Class C Felony

REFUSAL TO EAT
Refusal to eat is constituted as refusing all attempts or orders at taking sustinence required of all life.
Class A General Infraction

PREVENTING OTHERS FROM EATING USING PHYSICAL FORCE
This is classified as preventing others from eating using the threat of physical force.
Class C Felony

PREVENTHING OTHERS FROM WORKING USING PHYSICAL FORCE
This is classified as preventing others from following orders of a superior officer required to advance the Human Hive using the threat of physical force.
Class C Felony

DEFECTION
Defection is classified as in any way attempting to help any foreign power or internal movement not sanctioned by the Human Hive.
WARNING - THIS IS A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY.

MURDER
Murder is classified as in any way terminating life of beings classified as sentient by the CCC.
Class A Felony

HARASSMENT
Harassment is classified as bothering someone. Anyone.
Class C Misdemeanor.

MURDER OF A PUBLIC OFFICIAL
Murder of a public official is classified as in any way terminating life of beings classified as Public Officials of the Human Hive. This includes any government servents.
WARNING - THIS IS A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY

ATTEMPTED CRIME
Attempted Crimes are classified as crimes that were attempted but failed. While classified as the classification of the crime, this person must work without clothing, and be forced to have "COUNTER REVOLUTIONARY" branded onto them using a hot cattle-iron on the chest, forehead, back, both legs, feet, hands, arms, and Genitalia.

THEFT
Theft is classified as in any way attempting to steal the posessions or territory of another entity classified as sentient.
Class A Misdemeanor.

THEFT OF A XENODOUGHNUT
Theft of a Xenodoughnut is classified as in any way attempting to unlawfully obtain a xenodoughnut from ANYONE.
Class A Felony

REPEAT OFFENCES
Repeat offenses are classified as a crime repeated three or more times. All those whom repeat crimes will be sent to the Punishment Sphere for increments of five minutes AS WELL as being branded (see Attempted Crime). When incriment hits 20 minutes, supply of Xenodoughnuts will be cut.

RELIGION
Religion is classified as worshipping any diety other than the Chairman. Buddha, Lenin, Mao, Stalin, Pol-Pot, Castro, Yang, and Googliegod are exceptions to this law.
Class D Misdemeanor.

Also, I'd like to propose the following for the creation of a court:

-There will be 5 Judges
-All cases will be heard by the court.
-The courts words are final, to be reversed by only the court.
-The court shall be called the Supreme Peoples Court.
-The Supreme Peoples Court shall hold presedence over any other courts, within the hive or in Foreign Powers.

The Supreme Peoples Court of the Human Hive shall have SIX ("6") Judges, to be referred to as "Supreme Comrade Judge(s)". This court shall hear all cases, small or big, whether Theft or Murder, all across the land. The court shall hear all requests on matters of law and secuirty, brought up by civilian or military, capitalist or communist, black or white, male or female, rich or rich (everyone in the hive is rich!), sentient or non-sentient, old or young, and shall not discriminate based on any of these factors. The court shall hear all cases, but shall give more serious cases immediate priority.
The Supreme Peoples Court of the Human Hive shall have rule over all other courts (To be referred to as "District, County, State," or "City" courts), here or in any other foreign power. The courts word is FINAL, and can only be reversed by either the court itself, or by a 2/3 vote of Government INCLUDING the Chairman. The court shall have no department higher than itself, including but not limited to the CCC Command Structure.
The court shall have strong ties with the military so that if it is required the court can order the military to execute a decision.
Each member of the court shall have an equal voice in the Peoples Council, and shall not be given special awards or recognition for being judges in the Supreme Peoples Court.
The court does NOT have the power to overthrow the government. The court DOES have the power to reform the government.
Judges inside the court may NOT Abstain on an issue. If a judge is personally involved in a case, they will NOT give up their seat, and they shall rule according to what they wish.
ANY attempt at destabalizing the court (As will be determined by the court) is a Class A General Infraction.
The Court CANNOT be ordered by the Chairman to give a specific verdict. The court is IMMUNE to the Chairmans Veto Power.
All court judges are to be appointed by the Chairman. All court staff are to be appointed by the Judges.
A constitutional amendment will require a 5/6ths vote inside the Court, and a supermajority (66+) inside the Peoples Council.
The court cannot create new laws, however the court may amend existing laws.
The Judges of the court shall elect a Supreme Justice, whom will have Veto power inside the court and whom will count as 2 votes. After the election inside the court, if there is a sufficent movement to contest the decision (Defines as about 30 percent), then the court will be forced to give up the election to the Peoples Council.
The Supreme Justice may veto any decision that is not a supermajority (5/7ths).
This document will be amended. You can count on that.
Old June 26, 2003, 02:16   #15
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
[Chairman hat on]

Also, the Chairman requests (i.e. orders) the Peoples' Assembly Council to vote on the proposed Criminal Code, as well as appoint Judges to the Supreme People's Court. If the PAC is unable to fulfil its constitutional duty the CCC will take the liberty of doing so.

[Chairman hat off]
I submit myself to the PAC for nomination, however would prefer if the Chairman were to appoint nominees himself.

Also, one more thing I forgot:

Re-election of the Justices will be held every 20 TURNS.
Old June 26, 2003, 04:17   #16
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
I submit myself to the PAC for nomination, however would prefer if the Chairman were to appoint nominees himself.
A brilliant idea Comrade Tassadar, you can rest assured that your position as justice will be certain.

The PAC has been unfit and ineffective in passing bills and making decisions in a timely manner, and this as Chairman of the CCC I feel compelled to act against my will and appoint the justices myself. As such all those who have been nominated will gain the posts.

-Chairman Voltaire
Old June 26, 2003, 04:19   #17
Voltaire
King

Quote:
-The courts words are final, to be reversed by only the court.
We can't let that little wording pass through.
Old June 26, 2003, 04:20   #18
Voltaire
King

But aside from that .
Old June 26, 2003, 04:28   #19
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Just pointing out that it's impossible give out class 2 or 8 nerve staples according to those laws.

We wouldn't want people to be deprived of class 2 or 8 nerve staples do we?

Kody
Old June 26, 2003, 09:34   #20
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Applause the new criminal laws of the Hive! Congraduation on a job well done, Comrade (Judge) Tass!

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 26, 2003, 10:04   #21
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000

-There will be 5 Judges
The Supreme Peoples Court of the Human Hive shall have SIX ("6") Judges, to be referred to as "Supreme Comrade Judge(s)".
5 or 6? Please make up your mind Comrade Judge, so that we'll know what eaxatly the FINAL word is.

Quote:
The courts word is FINAL, and can only be reversed by either the court itself, or by a 2/3 vote of Government INCLUDING the Chairman.
What Government are you referring to, specifically? PAC? CCC? or something else? If you don't know who, then how do you count if you have 2/3 votes?

Quote:
The court shall have no department higher than itself, including but not limited to the CCC Command Structure.
Please read the Constitution of the Party and People of the Democratic Dictatorship of the Human Hive:

Article 16 [Highest Organ of State Power]
The Central Continuing Committee of the People and the Party of the Human Hive is the highest organ of state power. It is headed by the Chairman of the Central Continuing Committee of the People and the Party of the Human Hive.

Article 39 [Responsibility of the Supreme People's Court]
The Supreme People's Court is responsible to the Central Continuing Committee. Local people's courts at different levels are responsible to the organs of state power which created them.

Comrade (Judge) Tass, are you attempting to commite the crime - DISSENT AGAINST THE STATE?

Quote:
The court shall have strong ties with the military so that if it is required the court can order the military to execute a decision.
Couldn't the court order the secret police force also? Somebody needs to deflate his puffed up ego here.

Quote:
The court does NOT have the power to overthrow the government.
Impressive! There IS something that the court couldn't do! Impressive!

Quote:
The Court CANNOT be ordered by the Chairman to give a specific verdict. The court is IMMUNE to the Chairmans Veto Power.
Looks like if he doesn't like a verdict, the Chairman will have to issue a pardon, and re-appoint some judges. What a hassal to the Chairman! Comrade (Judge) Tass, are you attempting to commit the crime - HARASSMENT?
(Note I'm simply asking questions, these "accussations" have not been brought in front of any court yet, just a friendly reminder of the possible consequence...)

Quote:
The court cannot create new laws, however the court may amend existing laws.
Constitution of the Party and People of the Democratic Dictatorship of the Human Hive

Article 17 [Legislative Power]
The Central Continuing Committee and the Chairman exercise the legislative power of the state.
Article 23 [Amendments to the Constitution]
(1) Amendments to the Constitution are to be proposed by the Peoples' Advisory Council, by more than one-third of the deputies to the People's Ministries, or the Chairman and adopted by a majority vote of more than two-thirds of all the deputies to the Central Continuing Committee.
(2) Statutes and resolutions are adopted by a majority vote of more than one half of all the deputies to the Central Continuing Committee.

Comrade (Judge) Tass, I'm starting to be really really worried for you. Are you aware of the punishment of REPEAT OFFENCES?

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 26, 2003, 15:32   #22
Voltaire
King

Comrade HongHu, your vigilance in the preservation of the constitution is commendable.

No laws may circumvent the Constitution, and in order to ensure as such I am appointing an ad hoc committee, as per Article 29, to review all proposed laws and to ensure that they are constitutional. The Committee will be headed by Comrade HongHu, her knowledge of the Constitution will serve to keep it intact and to prevent the passing of unlawful laws.

And Comrade Tassadar, you're in violation of Article 32 Section 1 of the constitution. I suggest that before submitting any laws or bills you make certain that they are constitutional.

-Chairman Voltaire
Old June 26, 2003, 18:57   #23
Nubclear

Quote:
5 or 6? Please make up your mind Comrade Judge, so that we'll know what eaxatly the FINAL word is.
Six

Quote:
What Government are you referring to, specifically? PAC? CCC? or something else? If you don't know who, then how do you count if you have 2/3 votes?
The Government is defined as every department within the government structure including the CCC and the PAC.

Quote:
DISSENT AGAINST THE STATE?
Ah but you see.....As you read, all judges are appointed by the Chairman.

But the court is willing to submit to articles 16 and 39.

Quote:
Couldn't the court order the secret police force also? Somebody needs to deflate his puffed up ego here.
Yep

Quote:
Looks like if he doesn't like a verdict, the Chairman will have to issue a pardon, and re-appoint some judges. What a hassal to the Chairman! Comrade (Judge) Tass, are you attempting to commit the crime - HARASSMENT?
Comrade!!!

< whisper > I've put these in place so that all Comrade will always be loyal to Voltaire, no matter whom the "ruler" actually is < /whisper >

Quote:
Article 23 [Amendments to the Constitution]
(1) Amendments to the Constitution are to be proposed by the Peoples' Advisory Council, by more than one-third of the deputies to the People's Ministries, or the Chairman and adopted by a majority vote of more than two-thirds of all the deputies to the Central Continuing Committee.
(2) Statutes and resolutions are adopted by a majority vote of more than one half of all the deputies to the Central Continuing Committee.
Ah, but I said amendment to LAWS, not the constitution. The constituion is obviously more major

Quote:
And Comrade Tassadar, you're in violation of Article 32 Section 1 of the constitution.
Comrade, I disagree for I am in no way attempting to circumvent the constitution.

Quote:
We can't let that little wording pass through.
Is this more acceptable?

-The courts words are final, to be reversed by only the court or the Chairman Voltaire. If he is not chairman, he may reverse decisions anyway.

Quote:
Just pointing out that it's impossible give out class 2 or 8 nerve staples according to those laws.

We wouldn't want people to be deprived of class 2 or 8 nerve staples do we?

Kody
See CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY, MINIMUM PUNISHMENT
Old June 26, 2003, 19:40   #24
Vev
King

All these lovely ideas will fit in well with want I planned for the IC story.
Old June 28, 2003, 01:00   #25
Snowflake
Princess

Comrades! I have words from the Chairman!

Comrade HongHu... If I may ask you a favour... Could you please post in the new justice thread, started by Comrade Tassadar, and by the authority of the CCC inform them that all matters of court reform will cease until further notice by the CCC.

I've been perhaps too liberal in my rule, and it has resulted in the decadence we see.

I hereby, in the name of the CCC, order that the reformations to the judicial system should end until further notice from the CCC.

/me speaks solemnly

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 28, 2003, 19:51   #26
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Comrade Frankychan seconds the motion to cease reformation to the judicial system.

I also ask that we move to ordain Comrade Chairman Voltaire as "Father of the State" for his excellence in Hiverian leadership.
Old June 28, 2003, 21:37   #27
Nubclear

Tassadar feels lonely now
Old June 28, 2003, 22:57   #28
Frankychan
King

Don't worry Comrade Tass. We will create a judicial system worthy of Hive efficiency.
Old June 28, 2003, 23:16   #29
Snowflake
Princess

Don't worry Comrade Tass. Comrade Wujiang is currently preparing a mindworm experiment targeting the cure of loneliness.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 29, 2003, 03:13   #30
Voltaire
King

The judicial reforms will take place soon, though not until the end of this term, which is in one day, you can wait that long Comrade Tass.