The Banana Star Empire 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 25, 2003, 21:49   #61
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Local Time: 00:32
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Are you sad no one is paying attention to you and the Duneverse?
Not particularly. I enjoy watching you all avoid the crushing grip of my logic.
Old June 25, 2003, 21:52   #62
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GePap

You assume that their sensors would pick it up in time.
Sure. ISD Sensors had a layout of the entire Hoth Base outside of the system!

Quote:
Also, I assume that the cloud travels in hyperspace for long jumps: You can;t see something coming form hyperspace, and if it opens a jump point (or just phases back into real space like the shadows do), there is not much the ID's can do.
True. It either Hits or it doesn't. I don't expect First Ones to be able to see and open Jumppoints at the regularity you think. If they could, they'd be wasting stuff left and right.
Old June 25, 2003, 21:53   #63
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake Tungsten

Not particularly. I enjoy watching you all avoid the crushing grip of my logic.
It's a bunch of crackaddicts who think they see the future! What kinda logic is that?
Old June 25, 2003, 22:00   #64
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 22:32
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
True. It either Hits or it doesn't. I don't expect First Ones to be able to see and open Jumppoints at the regularity you think. If they could, they'd be wasting stuff left and right.
You can just jump in and out endlessly (thought he shadows come close), but it does allow them a good tactical surprise over the Imperial forces. you could also hide fleets in there, like the Vorlons did.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old June 25, 2003, 22:02   #65
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GePap

You can just jump in and out endlessly (thought he shadows come close), but it does allow them a good tactical surprise over the Imperial forces. you could also hide fleets in there, like the Vorlons did.

I'd question whether or not the surprise would be enough to counter the superiority of Imperial weapons and shields.
Old June 25, 2003, 22:11   #66
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 22:32
It worked for the Ewoks, and loook at the tech difference there
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old June 25, 2003, 22:13   #67
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 14:32
Star Trek is exponentially better than Star Wars, even though the Next Generation Federation is demonstrably communist.
Old June 25, 2003, 22:54   #68
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 23:32

Sure the Federation will get crushed, but what about the Borg?

Yes, they have problems with species 8472 but what will an invasion from the Empire do for the entire Star Trek universe?

Will all the individual powers ally, or would some choose to serve the new power?

Alpha Quadrant won't be able to do much, repairing from the dominion war, but I think the borg would get their licks in on the Empire.
Old June 25, 2003, 23:07   #69
tinyp3nis
Prince

Local Time: 07:32
Even if empire has bigger numbers, hmmm.
The thing I remember from next generation is that the Picard guy is allways having trouble with the wierdest creatures possible. Going to places where no sane person has gone before, seeing weird freaks that dont even exist in SW universe. Some times they are some sort of gods even, I remember this episode where one of those trapped him inside certain period of time and he had to do it over and over again but finally got out from it.

Picard is also allways time traveling in the movies, so he must be expert by now. He just goes back in time and drops a whale on young palpatine? I bet he is also immune to the force or something. If empire has problems with some rebels how are they going to beat the bald guy???
Old June 26, 2003, 10:06   #70
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by obiwan18

Sure the Federation will get crushed, but what about the Borg?

Yes, they have problems with species 8472 but what will an invasion from the Empire do for the entire Star Trek universe?

Will all the individual powers ally, or would some choose to serve the new power?

Alpha Quadrant won't be able to do much, repairing from the dominion war, but I think the borg would get their licks in on the Empire.
I think they would get the stuffing stomped outta them.Borg ships are not as strong as you believe, two Dozen Federation ships inflicted massive damage on one Borg Cube (Star Trek: First Contact).

In any event, if it somehow looked like the Borg would win, the Milky Way powers would likely side with the Empire rather than roll over and be assimilated.
Old June 26, 2003, 10:15   #71
Cruddy
Warlord

Local Time: 05:32
I can see one reason why the Banana faction would win.

Even with jump capacity, it's still going to take an awfully long time to actually cross the galaxy, let alone win.

Maybe some of your far off progeny might do it - but it would take more than one generation - my guess is 1000s of generations.

You'd think there'd be plenty of scope for a peace deal in there somewhere.

As it is, this thread is just "My Dad's better than your Dad cos..."
"The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84
Old June 26, 2003, 10:17   #72
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 04:32
Quote:
I think they would get the stuffing stomped outta them.Borg ships are not as strong as you believe, two Dozen Federation ships inflicted massive damage on one Borg Cube (Star Trek: First Contact).
2 dozen on 1, and that wasn't 'massive' damage IMHO. But the Borg have millions of cubes. They have huge territory and many many billions of creatures assimilated. They probably outnumber Empire ships with cubes by many to one.

Quote:
In any event, if it somehow looked like the Borg would win, the Milky Way powers would likely side with the Empire rather than roll over and be assimilated.
And the Borg would still win. The Ffederation, Klingons and Romulans have hardly any power compared to the Borg. They have maybe a thousand ships each, at most. The Borg would flatten them. Whereas the resistance, with a few small ships, destroy the flagship of the Empire. The Empire lost to a force far smaller than the Federation.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old June 26, 2003, 14:56   #73
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue

2 dozen on 1, and that wasn't 'massive' damage IMHO. But the Borg have millions of cubes. They have huge territory and many many billions of creatures assimilated. They probably outnumber Empire ships with cubes by many to one.

"Millions of Cubes"?

The ROTJ Novelization sets 25,00 ISDs at the Battle of Endor. Bac up your assertation.

An ISD is comparable in size to a Cube, and it's weapons have been demonstrated to be many times more powerful than Borg weapons.

In FC a Borg Sphere was unable to destroy a small encampment in Montana! During Palpatine's Reign, ISD's routinely destroyed cities with one or two shots.

Quote:
And the Borg would still win. The Ffederation, Klingons and Romulans have hardly any power compared to the Borg. They have maybe a thousand ships each, at most. The Borg would flatten them. Whereas the resistance, with a few small ships, destroy the flagship of the Empire. The Empire lost to a force far smaller than the Federation.
The force "Far smaller than the Federation" field dozens of ships much larger and more powerful than anything the Federation has. One Mon Cal MC80 represents dozens of Galaxies, when the industrial capacity to build it is taken into account.

And the Empire eventually lost post-Endor because it splintered into several competing factions. That sort of thing happens when the entire upper tier of government gets wiped out in one instance.

Last edited by Lonestar; June 26, 2003 at 15:02.