Old June 25, 2003, 20:59   #1
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 14:32
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Hive IC story - Discussion
I figured it would be better if brickering, planning, insults, congratulations, collaboration, clarifications would occur in a seperate thread.

Kody
Old June 26, 2003, 10:15   #2
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

HongHu,

Can I adjust your posts, so I can fill in details for Claire escaping. That's the main thing I've been hinting at and now directly asking? It is far too impolite to change people's posts without their permission. That is why I've been going to all this trouble explaining myself and the reasons why the posts need adjustments.

What I'm planning on doing is having Claire waking up, but Wujiang refusing to let her go (because his life is at stake). Your character "HongHu" comes to the rescue of of Claire and is the one that organised the replacement test subject. The flirting can stay in there and be partially successful. However Wujiang will have some brain this time and not throw his life away for a few caresses.

I assumed that this story line will be okay.

Kody
Old June 26, 2003, 11:26   #3
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 22:32
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Sorry Kody that I haven't replied sooner to your post, I've been thinking about it all these time. In addition I've been trying to learn a little more about the game so that people won't say that all that I'm doing is spamming here.

Anyway, yes you have my permission to adjust my post in order to make the story flows better. However I don't like the idea of HongHu holding a gun. (Hmmm, what an awful picture, HongHu and a gun? )

But seriously, I think that it only leads naturally that Claire was not really unconcious at the time from Jam's post:
Quote:
He had a problem... this was taking too long. The drugs in the dart-pistol should have worn off 4 hours ago. A glance at the woman sprawled on the couch in the corner confirmed that they still hadn't.
On the other hand, it would be quite abrupt if HongHu appears because she has no way of knowing that Claire was with Wujang. Plus, if Claire couldn't even handle Wujiang by herself, she wouldn't be the idol that lives in every Hiver's dreams. In fact she could be long dead before she even meets with Wujiang.

Another point, the details of the operation does not have to be in my post. Either Wujang or Vander, Tass too, for that matter, would very likely has (horrified) memories about the operation which prevented them to go to sleep easily. Wujiang has so many things to think about. Did he do a stupid thing to risk his life for this girl who could never come back and see him again? This Wujiang is different, remember?
Quote:
This Wujiang was strange... hardly seemed like a scientist at all... most scientists didn't have the common sense to be scared of him...
Would Claire found her true love in a low rank nobody? Well I'm thinking too far ahead now. Time to stop.

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; June 26, 2003 at 11:53.
Old June 26, 2003, 11:26   #4
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Oh, and why is it so crucial to the story that the operation should be successful with Claire? If it is that crucial that the operation should be successful on the first day of the research, then I give up on that point. But it doesn't have to be Claire does it, other than all of you guys wish so?

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; June 26, 2003 at 11:53.
Old June 26, 2003, 20:43   #5
Kody
Emperor

HongHu,

Quote:
Quote:
The line "Forlani knows Wujiang’s secret longing for her for a long time." seems to suggest that Claire was actually paying attention. I'm not suggesting that Claire is serious about her flirting, but I figured that Wujiang was not powerful enough to get noticed.
Dear Kody, females are much more complicated than computer codes. You still need to learn more about them. Ask around, or read a couple romantic novels. You'll see the why.
As for not knowing enough about females. Well that's probably true. However, you should give me some credit :P. Programming is something I'm good at, writing is something I enjoy. I'm actually more interested in writing stories that coding and have some knowledge of characterisation. The way Claire acted towards Wujiang made it clear that Claire had a low opinion of Wujiang. Hardly a romantic interest.

I also made the assumption that Claire and Wujiang have never met or rarely met. Unless Claire is actually falling in love in Wujiang, which isn't likely due to reasons stated above, then Claire wouldn't notice Wujiang.

Furthermore, if Wujiang and Claire have met it would be at a formal event. Where Claire would too be busy making her presence know to everyone and wouldn't have time to observe any of the lesser people at the function.

That's my reasoning for why I didn't think the line "Forlani knows Wujiang’s secret longing for her for a long time." was correct.

Also note that most of this reasoning was made by most probable assumptions. However, in stories you don't use improbable assumptions without telling the reader, unless you're aiming for an unexpected twist. However, it was unlikely you were aiming for an unexpected twist as it would be too difficult to setup the right circumstances without significant collaboration with the other people involved in the story.

Quote:
Sorry I wasn't clear. I didn't mean that Vev said that the operation had failed. I meant that Vev has provided the means of destroying evidence:
I talked to Vev, and neither he nor I understand what you're talking about. I think you misread this line "Plus Jamski does not sound like the forgiving type and will probably dispose of Wujiang, Tass and Vander in the lab if they fail to carry out their duties". That was referring to Jamski disposing of Wujiang, Tass and Vander not disposing of the test subject.

Quote:
Hmmm, what an awful picture, HongHu and a gun?
No problem, HongHu won't hold a gun.

Quote:
On the other hand, it would be quite abrupt if HongHu appears because she has no way of knowing that Claire was with Wujang.
Already thought about this. Remember that butterfly badge Claire has.

Quote:
Did he do a stupid thing to risk his life for this girl who could never come back and see him again? This Wujiang is different, remember?
He is risking his life. However, things work much better if there's no obvious good choice. The obvious good choice was to continue the operation on Claire. However, if you balance the choices a little by having the situation of screwed if you continue the operation and screwed if you don't. Then it's much more interesting and realistic having Wujiang chosing to let Claire go free as his logic come to a stalemate, so he let his personal feelings choose for him.

Actually I think I'm rambling now, so I'll stop here.
*starts writing up the backstory*

Kody
Old June 27, 2003, 03:45   #6
Kody
Emperor

I've decided to move my non-ic posts from the IC story thread to here instead.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kody on Hive IC story 25-06-2003 17:58
Good Grief!

I was attempting to do the back story for the mindworm operation, and I have figured out it's entirely impossible due to inconsistancy.

There are two possibilities that can be done with minimal changes to people's posts.

1. The operation went ahead and claire was forced to believe what is HongHu wrote.

2. The Claire actually left and the operation went ahead on some unknown girl.

The problems with the first option is according to HongHu Wujiang is in hand and glove with Claire. While there's a post by Vev contradicting that in Wujiang's meeting with Tassadar. Also the girl that appears on the table appears out of nowhere!!!! Furthermore, I thought Wujiang was realtively unpowerful. Why would Claire be interested in Wujiang when she's chasing after the big rollers.

The problem with the second option is firstly that Jamski confirms that Claire escaped and had a meeting with HongHu. So for the second option Jamski's post will have to be erased, and HongHu's second post rewritten to add in the time laspe of the operation.

Whatever happens at least two posts have to be adjusted.

Do people want to fix their posts? Or should I maybe adjust the posts myself.

Something really ought to be done, as things stand there's a girl (either Claire or a nameless girl) lying on the operation table. The operation really needs to be done as it will greatly effect what Wujiang, Tassadar and Vander do next. So basically they're limited in what can be written about them until that issue is figured out.
Quote:
Originally posted by Kody on Hive IC story 26-06-2003 08:56
What you still haven't given me is permission to make the post adjustments. :P

I'll keep your outcome of the story, but some of the details still need to be cleaned up in your post. Like where the heck they managed to make a different test subject appear from. Also Wujiang has his life at stake, so I doubt he would be so easily swayed by female guiles. Something more drastic like HongHu pointing a gun at Wujiang, and HongHu arranging the new test subject.

The problem isn't that the story isn't going to plan. If you noticed very little planning. Rather because nobody could figure out exactly what happened in the laboratory, people involved in that section just stopped writing. (Vev is hopping that someone else will resolve the operation issue and is attempting to move on)

Kody
Quote:
Originally posted by Kody on Hive IC story 26-06-2003 10:04

"A possible answer to this is that the operation failed and evidences destroyed (as described in Vev's post)"

Vev doesn't have a post that describes that. I reread this thread and there's nothing that says that.

The line "Forlani knows Wujiang’s secret longing for her for a long time." seems to suggest that Claire was actually paying attention. I'm not suggesting that Claire is serious about her flirting, but I figured that Wujiang was not powerful enough to get noticed. This isn't an important point though.

By the way most people I have talked to want the operation to go ahead on Claire. I only decided to go with your story since I'm aiming for minimal changes. Also it'll be easier for me to get Vev's permission to rewrite one of his posts than it will be to get Jamski's permission. (Since Jamski is currently away moving house).

As for where the story is going. Well Vev said he's expecting that the marshall is going to hold his birthday party. He was hoping everyone could attend and also that forcing everyone together would mean what exactly happened in the operation would be resolved in the talking that occurs.

Kelvin was going to wander in get caught and become someone's pawn. But he ended up becoming some kind of empath with some kind of control over mindworms.

Tassadar, Vev and I were trying to do a joint post earlier about the operation Claire, and the posts on Kelvin were edited because of something that happened in the experiment. However, this idea was given up on as nobody could figure out a story line that could actually work.

Vev currently wants more infighting between the two internal factions. I better ask Vev if he wants his more specific plans to be revealed. At the moment I'm trying to convince vev that it would be better to have a minor mindworm outbreak inside the base and a whole bunch of accusations can occur on who's fault it was.

Kody

Last edited by Kody; June 27, 2003 at 03:51.
Old June 28, 2003, 09:37   #7
Kody
Emperor

HongHu,

Thanks for all the compliments you've been posted in various threads.

Kody
Old June 28, 2003, 22:02   #8
Snowflake
Princess

And I'll make sure I come here and post any and all compliments regarding the IC story in the future.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 28, 2003, 22:04   #9
Snowflake
Princess

The Chairman and I have done a joint post (rather unexpectedly by either of us) and I'm trying to type it out now. I'll hopefully post it tonight or tomorrow.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 28, 2003, 23:29   #10
Kody
Emperor

That sounds good, I look forward to seeing the new section of story when you post it.

Kody
Old June 29, 2003, 20:01   #11
Kody
Emperor

HongHu, and Voltaire,

Is it my imagination or are your posts the same scene with different conversations.

Kody
Old June 29, 2003, 23:14   #12
Snowflake
Princess

It is the same scene, the conversation continues from my post to the Chairman's post. We just each did a part.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 29, 2003, 23:54   #13
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Jamski, we need you! Oh well, I guess we could work on side stories on other characters.
Old June 30, 2003, 01:45   #14
Vev
King

Oh yes, for those interested, Kostya is now up for grabs. He is in a state hospital recovering from burns. I am holding on to Gavril as I have special plans for him - (he is in hardly any state to interact normally now).
Old June 30, 2003, 02:18   #15
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 04:32
Greetings Comrades! Can anybody hear me? Good. I am wondering if I may recieve an update. I am too lazy to read through all the posts and try to make sense of them (No offense HongHu, I still love you ). Please read this message. Thanks. Dosvedanya, Tovarish.

(I got sick of seeing size 72 font - Kody)

Last edited by Kody; July 4, 2003 at 07:13.
Old June 30, 2003, 02:42   #16
Kody
Emperor

HongHu or Voltaire,

It would help if in Voltaire's post you put "said HongHu" then added a new paragraph before Voltaire talks.

I got a little confused earlier about the joint post because I thought HongHu's bit was the whole scene.

Kody

Last edited by Kody; June 30, 2003 at 04:32.
Old June 30, 2003, 02:44   #17
Vev
King

High powered talks between the Marshall and Honghu.

Operation performed on someone other than Claire, experiment failed but stuff learnt about mindworms.

Marshall is holding a birthday party with a suprise event and Wujiang is invited

Voltaire is going to hand the job over to Honghu

Kostya and Gavril is returning injured from the mindworm attack
Old June 30, 2003, 03:52   #18
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 04:32
Whats happend about me?
Old June 30, 2003, 03:57   #19
Kody
Emperor

Tassadar was involved in an operation. Followed by a tragic accident that he barely survived.

Kody
Old June 30, 2003, 23:47   #20
Snowflake
Princess

It was actually a very very good chapter that Tass wrote. Fit perfectly well with all the description about the residual effect of mindworm attacks. And can really explain his erratic behavior in the public forum. We need to get this book published. Who was doing the webpage? SU?

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 30, 2003, 23:48   #21
Snowflake
Princess

Was Tass removed by GooglieGod from the game? Any knowlege anybody?

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 1, 2003, 00:06   #22
Snowflake
Princess

Sorry I only checked my PM just now and saw Kody's message. I have deleted my post regarding Pravda and Tass in the main forum. Please check for me also if I have missed something that shouldn't been out there. Thanks!

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 1, 2003, 03:14   #23
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 21:32
Alright, someone, anyone, please explain what has just occurred?!

And in the mean time until this problem is resolved I am declaring marshal law. Which means no discussion of any kind related to the demogame in the main forums until we have this matter resolved.

Also as a matter of policy, from now on everyone is to clear with either myself, the Commissioner of Public Safety, or any CCC members before posting ANY in-game threads relating to other factions in the main forums (i.e. no proposing alliances).

-CHAIRMAN Voltaire
Old July 1, 2003, 03:46   #24
Kody
Emperor

You have to ask Tassadar. He decided to leave on his own free will. I don't really know that much about it.

Kody
Old July 1, 2003, 09:05   #25
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 21:32
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Was Tass removed by GooglieGod from the game? Any knowlege anybody?
I have no Moderator powers to remove anyone.

I did rule that in my opinion Tass had breached the "No contact with another faction before in-game meeting" following his attempts to set up a deal with Archaic.

Unless Voltaire removed Tass, (and after the NN fiasco I don't believe the faction leaders have that ability) I susoect he has removed himself from the Hive membership

See here for Tass's explanation and "retirement" announcement
Old July 1, 2003, 10:07   #26
Snowflake
Princess

Looks to me this is yet another incident that shows us how important we have to guard the fine line. We could do all the role playing here and in the public forum, and even sending massive amounts of compliments, s, etc. to any faction to gain friendship outside of the game playing, but we really need to be careful not to cross the fine line of the game rule. Remeber we can't say "Let's form an alliance" until we actually meet, or even say "It is our intention that we'll form an alliance with you" or something like that. The most you could say is "we'll become better when we form an alliance with a trustworthy friend". Here the fine line is that this is not a actual proposal toward a specific faction. I would like to know if you all agree to me or not, or any other comments and further discussions.

Obviously each of such incident would inavoidably bring emotional damage to everyone of us. We have to heal each other ourselves, and re-gather the strength to carry forward our great endeavor. We have contribute so much to this ACDG, and have given each other so much fun, joys and loves. I know we will learn from the fall and we will become smarter and stronger.

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 1, 2003, 11:11   #27
Snowflake
Princess

Just read GooglieGod's rule on the game parameter thread. Looks like the "it is our intention to join force with you when we meet" line is ok if it is not contained in a PM, email or chat room conversation.

Grapefruit Garden
Old July 4, 2003, 06:39   #28
Kody
Emperor

Tassadar requested that his character be killed off. So I decided to setup decent death. However, someone has to contract the killer. Anyone want to take that role. Perhaps the marhsal would like to take that role?

I'll write the other half the of assasin's story when someone has figured out how to tie in Tassadar's death in with their plotting. Basically write what the 2nd figure is thinking as he/she walks away.

The assasin will later be revealed to be one of the other characters already in the story. I'm not going to tell anyone which person I've decided on. At least not yet .

Kody
Old July 4, 2003, 07:09   #29
Vev
King

The remote monitoring station rattle almost unnoticably but the senstive instruments carefully collected every seismic detail. Gifted empaths in the Empath Guild recoiled in horror. Six minutes later, an emergency council of paled faced members convened together to discuss an urgent issue.

"How do we defend ourselves against that?!"

"Can they reach us?"

"When can they strike again?"

"What details are available?"

"The Empath Guild have confirmed the psychic backlash eminating from the south-west continent."

"Satellite will be passing over in seventeen minutes"
Old July 4, 2003, 07:12   #30
Kody
Emperor

Vev,

Did you perhaps mean to send to this the IC story or pravda?

Kody