Old March 8, 2004, 16:15   #391
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:36
Local Date: November 2, 2010
*bump*
I guess I'll bump this dragon of a thread.

Here is the PM sent to me by FlameFlash. For the reader's ease I've included a copy of the eight points sent to the Hive:

RE: PEACE talks
It is quite all right (as far as not getting the message out to me until yesterday) though be advised the Sundays I'm usually the quietest due to preparations for the rest of the week.

While I'm not sure in regards to the sphere of influence issue yet (a graphical representation would help us much more than coordinates if that is possible).

On 1: That does seem to be the best plan, and arrangements are being made to see that to fruition. We do hope that the recently... purchased colony pod will be moved back to your home territory with that being the case.

On 2: This will take more time, we shall continue currently to act in a non-hostile way and begin using Crossbone way as a second prep-point for Angel-territory colonization however I will need time to discuss if disbandment or simply allowing CPU to take the base would be the best.

On 3: A map would really be helpful here, please be advised it may be difficulty during the transition period between old and new PEACE to keep it fully demilitarized however.

On 4: Our thanks, though I take it that island's ownership is currently in question then? It was PEACE's hope to have a base there for obvious reasons (Hive umbrella).

On 5: Agreed, simply refer to what I wrote on re: 3.

On 6: This may prove to be difficult unless full map disclosers all around is enacted. As PEACE attempts to revitalize itself it would be rather difficult and unorthodox to gain authorization on every coordinate we may wish to establish a base. Likewise, the Angels may prove overly hostile and require being extinguished if PEACE is to retain Conshelf 57.

On 7: That will unfortunately need to be discussed with the Hive as we have very little pull, though with CPU's willingness for peace now they should be more willing.

On 8: I would simply advice CPU to propose a council resolution in which such a mandate be created.

I have already brought all of the provisions to my faction, and my apologies on being noncommittal, we will discuss it with due haste.

1> We have the ability to eliminate PEACE. But we are willing to allow PEACE to survive, as long as they aren't in our immediate vicinity. Our security concept can't allow a hostile faction remaining in our immediate vicinity. I guess the Hive destroying all Angel defences in Conshelf 57 and the remaining PEACE ship taking that base is the best possibility.

2> Crossbone Way comes under CPU control or is deconstructed voluntarily by PEACE.
Just like you can't tolerate a CPU base on that island near the Hive mainland, we can't tolerate a PEACE base in the middle of our sphere of influence.

3> CPU, Hive and PEACE should agree to the sphere of influence I proposed in the Council thread:
quote:
(32.46), (34.40), (36.38), (42.38), (43.37) and the two islands between those coordinates become a demilitarized zone.
Everything northwest of that is Hive/PEACE territory, and everything southeast of that is CPU territory.
Any unit of any faction which trespasses the DMZ or enters the territory of the other faction, is considered in violation of the treaty and may be destroyed.

4> We will retreat that colony pod from the DMZ island mentioned above as soon as possible, and not found a base there.

5> Hive and PEACE should withdraw their units as soon as possible from our sphere of influence as described under point 3.

6> No new CPU/Hive/PEACE bases can be founded within 16 squares of an existing CPU/Hive/PEACE base. Nor can any Angel base be captured by CPU, Hive or PEACE (besides one base to let PEACE survive). This is to keep a buffer faction between us.

7> The Hive should show signs to be more willing again to cooperate with CPU, meaning for example a re-signing of our pact (the best way to ensure no one has hostile intentions towards each other) or a trade of technologies. That way we have a reason not to give in to the requests of the Angels to declare war on you.

8> If PEACE survives, the main advantage you get is a free vote in the Planetary Council. We would like assurances you won't abuse that. Therefore we propose a CPU veto right on all Council motions except all the official in-game ones. This is to prevent you can propose any motion in the out-of-game Council you want, and CPU being outvoted 3 to 2 every time. I would propose a similar veto right for the Hive and Drones to make things equal.

We haven't received anything official yet from the Hive though. Hopefully this isn't just a trick to buy them time to take over Conshelf 57 control, as HongHu seems to want war with us no matter what we agree about PEACE.
Old March 8, 2004, 16:51   #392
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 04:36
Looks good. They're talking and the talks seem to be going well. Will poll on what we can offer, and what we wish to do though.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old March 8, 2004, 17:42   #393
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

A follow-up mail from FlameFlash. I like much less what he's suggesting now... Destruction of Calico Island, and them being allowed to build a second base on Yardarm Island:

PEACE talks

Can't help it... I like the name, it's stuck...

Anyway, it's looking like the demilitarized zone is being favorably discussed on our end (can't say Hive or others will accept it, however.)

There is an issue, and further difficulty with the 16 tiles of separation as the way to make this process go the fastest would require not only a disbanding of crossbone way but also of Calico Island so that Fossil Field Ridge can be settled as per Pirate special abilities.

Likewise, we hope that the straight between Bone and Yardarm Islands can be added to the DMZ simply as that would otherwise allow an easy in/out for agressive units.

Until Crossbone Way is disbanded, however, we do ask permission to retrieve with transports not only the crawlers that would otherwise be stranded in your territory but everything that is still with Crossbone Way... this means we will need at least time enough for three trips from a transport ship.

We will, of course, rearrange as much as possible, workers on the next round to halt further groth at Crossbone.

There may, however, be a need to simply create a coastal base farther north to facilitate our moving out completly.

This is simply a message to let you know about some of the thoughts bouncing around while none of the comments are overly official as we're still in planning stages/opening negotiations.

FF
Old March 10, 2004, 14:40   #394
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old March 10, 2004, 14:40   #395
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Lucky I found this thread again.

Please, next time something like this happens, post a warning in the previous thread (in this case the 'Hive call to ceasefire') where the follow up messages will be posted.

As for their reply:

I suggest the following procedure in cooperation with the Hive.

- Hive builds a transport cruiser, sends it to us and transfers control to us (this shows their commitment, and is our replacement transport)

- We land the Impaler Task Force near Crossbone Way, are allowed to walk in, thus 'conquer' the base (so this must grow two 2 pop). A peace treaty is signed on that point. They then transfer the remaining PEACE units to our control.

- We bring the transport cruiser in Atlantis to the proposed DMZ, take that cp there on board, bring the two units next to Conshelf 57 (by then taken over by the Pirates), and transfer to PEACE.

- Then both flotillas converge on a agreed location 'somewhere in the north' to found a PEACE base. We transfer then all the PEACE units they transfered to us back to PEACE, and go our way.
Whether the transport we transfered to PEACE is transfered from the pirates to the Hive is not our concern. That is something between them, we already have it back when Hive transfers their transport cruiser to our control.

Off course their is some overlap so that everything goes the smoothest. While 'Impaler' task force takes Crossbone when it is 2 pop large, our atlantis transport moves already to Conshelf 57, and the Hive simultaneously sends their (no doubt) very fast produced transport near Atlantis. Off course, since Hive is the first player of a given turn, they have to transfer first.

I think this procedure is the quickest way to switch everything to the right place, builds up some trust among the involved factions (we all transfer control of unit(s) along the way), and just might be the first time in Apolyton History that such a procedure could be pulled off.

As for territory: I think we need at least 2 bases on Yard .... Long island on the SW corner, and somewhere on the eastern coast. That is so we can construct a line of sensor arrays on the NW-W coast to check for 'intrusions' (the whole island falls then under our territorial claim, but we don't 'abuse' it for colonisation). The straits from Yard towards Angel territory can be checked by our -and their ships.

Comments?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 10, 2004, 16:21   #396
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

I'd be firm with them. IMHO, we are the ones who are in control. We do not want to disband Calico Island. The 16 spaces, DMZ, etc applies to us all. If that means they don't have the fossil fuel ridge, then bad luck them.

However I'm still in favour of wiping them out.

Old March 10, 2004, 16:34   #397
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue

However I'm still in favour of wiping them out.
Most of us are. Wasn`t the plan to stall the negotiations until we can wipe out their last base?
Old March 10, 2004, 17:22   #398
Maniac

GeoModder: Would PEACE agree with turning their units over to our control? Also this means we would have to pay their unit support for quite a few turns.
Another possibility is that we capture Crossbone Way, and that PEACE then transfers all their units on Yardlong Island over to our control for a price of 2 credits for each mineral the unit is worth. That way we don't need to waste support minerals to ship their units to PEACE territory, and PEACE won't need to waste time and minerals either while they ship their units out. Instead they'd get credits which they can use to invest immediately in their new empire. Anyway, let's include a few proposals in a PM to FlameFlash and see what they think of it.

Drogue:
Quote:
The 16 spaces, DMZ, etc applies to us all. If that means they don't have the fossil fuel ridge, then bad luck them.
I had a look at the map. If we are persistent in a 16 squares no-base-building zone, then PEACE would only be able to build bases in a small zone in the far north of the map. So if it will look like we won't be able to destroy PEACE without taking heavy losses and thus will need to come to a real agreement, how about we change our proposal of 16 spaces between CPU/Hive/PEACE bases to:
  • 14 or 16 squares between CPU and Hive bases
  • 10 squares between CPU and PEACE bases
  • No Hive (air) units may be stationed in PEACE bases or territory
Old March 10, 2004, 20:01   #399
Maniac

What do you guys think about this borders proposal? SE of the red line is CPU territory, NW of the red line is PEACE territory. The area indicated with purple would be a DMZ.

On the next screenshot PEACE territory would be the area north of the two red lines. SW of the red lines would be CPU territory. West of the red lines would be Hive-PEACE territory, but we would ask not to build any more bases there. Purple would again be DMZ.

These borders give PEACE a decent territory around the Sargasso Sea, with lots of sea shelfs and quite a few bonus resources. Good enough to rebuild a medium sized empire if they want.
Can I send this proposal to PEACE?

Meanwhile, to let PEACE know we're discussing it, I've sent this PM to FlameFlash:

Hi FlameFlash,

Discussion has started rolling on your latest proposal. Nothing is definite yet, but here are already a few first thoughts and questions:

Quote:
On 3: A map would really be helpful here
I've made one, and if it gets approval of the Collective, I'll send it to you.

Quote:
There is an issue, and further difficulty with the 16 tiles of separation as the way to make this process go the fastest would require not only a disbanding of crossbone way but also of Calico Island so that Fossil Field Ridge can be settled as per Pirate special abilities.
If possible we wouldn't prefer a disbanding of Calico Island. I've had a further look at the map though, and with a 16 square seperation you wouldn't be able to found a base about anywhere. Therefore I've proposed to the Collective a decrease to about 10 squares of the no-base-zone between CPU and PEACE bases, so that Calico could remain in existence. I'll let you know how the discussions continue.
Btw, even if Calico would be disbanded, there would still be other bases close to the Fossil Field Ridge, so I don't know if you would feel comfortable there.
I have a question though. Why do you consider the Fossil Field Ridge important? It's all located on -1000m ocean, so you will only be able to terraform it after you get AdvEcoEng. And even then those tiles would only be as productive as normal sea shelf squares.

Quote:
Until Crossbone Way is disbanded, however, we do ask permission to retrieve with transports not only the crawlers that would otherwise be stranded in your territory but everything that is still with Crossbone Way... this means we will need at least time enough for three trips from a transport ship.
That seems ok to me, though I would ask then if we could agree on some transport route that would not bring your transport too close to CPU bases.
I'd like to inform you though that there are a few alternative proposals flowing within CPU.
For example PEACE transferring control of the units on Yardlong Island to CPU control, and we then shipping them to you with a cruiser transport. That would probably go faster. (This is a very short summary of the proposal - I can elaborate if you want.)
Or for example after a CPU takeover of Crossbone Way PEACE transferring control of all units to CPU, and we compensating you with a sum of energy credits under the exchange price of 2 credits for each mineral the unit is worth. Then you'd get an instant sum of cash to use to boost a new PEACE, without needing to ship all your remaining units for several years over long distances, having to keep paying their support costs all the time.
Anyway, I'll let you know more about possible alternative and more concrete proposals as discussions continue.

Quote:
There may, however, be a need to simply create a coastal base farther north to facilitate our moving out completly.
Could I ask why? Would it be possible instead to bring a transport to Longyard Island, and load the units that are waiting on the coast on the transport, without a new base for the transport to dock? I assume other CPUers would want any new base on Yardlong Island to be disbanded eventually too, so that would be a waste for you of a good CP.

Greetings,

Mani Alpha-3
Representative for CPU
Old March 11, 2004, 04:21   #400
Maniac

From FlameFlash: RE: PEACE negotiations
Many thanks on the update Mani Alpha-3

Quote:
I've made one, and if it gets approval of the Collective and Central Processing Unit, I'll send it to you.
We'll await approval with open arms... may I suggest using PUT maps if there is too much worry about CyCon sector of CPU being revealed? I'm more interested in seeing exactly what territory CPU is wanting as a DMZ as opposed to seeing anything you have under your casings.

Quote:
Quote:
If possible we wouldn't prefer a disbanding of Calico Island. I've had a further look at the map though, and with a 16 square seperation you wouldn't be able to found a base about anywhere. Therefore I've proposed to the Collective a decrease to about 10 squares of the no-base-zone between CPU and PEACE bases, so that you have more room to expand. I'll let you know how the discussions continue.
10 seems much more reasonable and viable, though the rest of the cap'ns will have to make comment on it as well before anything is actually confirmed, just as you'll have to await discussions on your end.

Quote:
Btw, even if Calico would be disbanded, there would still be other bases close to the Fossil Field Ridge, so I don't know if you would feel comfortable there.
I cannot speak for all the cap'ns but I have no hostile intentions toward the CPU at this juncture. PEACE will certainly benefit from peace more than war at this point, as should be obvious.

We also are hoping that these negotiations will reach a positive outcome for our two sectors (what is the CyCon designation within CPU?) and that being distant neighbors won't be much of a problem.

Quote:
I have a question though. Why do you consider the Fossil Field Ridge important? It's all located on -1000m ocean, so you will only be able to terraform it after you get AdvEcoEng. And even then those tiles would only be as productive as normal sea shelf squares.
The pirate special I think plays a role in the push to have a sea base there, along with the fact that we would really like to return to the sea and it would be the easiest and fastest location for such a base.

Quote:
Quote:
That seems ok to me, though I would ask then if we could agree on some transport route that would not bring your transport too close to CPU bases.
We'll certainly gladly alert CPU of when a transport begins entering the area so that you may set up bouy locators to guide our transport safely to the crawlers.

Quote:
I'd like to inform you though of a few alternative proposals flowing within CPU.
For example PEACE transferring control of the units on Yardlong Island to CPU control, and we then shipping them to you with a cruiser transport. That would probably go faster. (This is a very short summary of the proposal - I can elaborate if you want.)
Or for example after a CPU takeover of Crossbone Way PEACE transferring control of all units to CPU, and we compensating you with a sum of energy credits under the exchange price of 2 credits for each mineral the unit is worth. Then you'd get an instant sum of cash to use to boost a new PEACE, without needing to ship all your remaining units for several years over long distances, having to keep paying their support costs all the time.
Anyway, I'll let you know more about possible alternative and more concrete proposals as discussions continue.
Both the PoE offer and the offered assistance in transporting the items would be appreciated but given the recent troubles between us and the fact that our parrots and pirate egos may not allow it we'll have to discuss that one further before I can go into any definate yes/no/maybe on the issue.

Quote:
Quote:
Could I ask why? Would it be possible instead to bring a transport to Longyard Island, and load the units that are waiting on the coast on the transport, without a new base for the transport to dock? I assume other CPUers would want any new base on Yardlong Island to be disbanded eventually too, so that would be a waste for you of a good CP.
The thought among the Cap'ns is that it would get us into the sea that much faster, through which we could then get off of yardarm and out of crossbone way, along with the needed transport ships to carry ourselves completly out of the DMZ territory as quickly as possible. From my understanding of the discussion thus far Crossbone would effectively be moved temporarily to allow access to the sea. I'll have to confirm what the plan actually entails if that is a route CPU and PEACE settle upon for getting out of the DMZ.
Old March 11, 2004, 16:22   #401
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

About the DMZ proposal, Maniac.

I prefer to bring the DMZ south to the straits, between Yardlong and bones island. Easier to controll. also, and as long as this doesn't breach the 14-16 tiles distance between us and Hive, I like to have allowance to found a base on the south of Bones Island as well for the construction of a sensor network.

As for their request at another base on Yardlong island, their is no need for them to have one. They can simply quickbuild a colony pod in Crossbone Way so the base is dismantled, and move it to the northern coast. Their remaining rovers can do the same quicker, thus those can be transported in a first wave, the slower unit(s) can then be transported in a second wave. End of discussion on this part for me.

With the DMZ going south a bit, PEACE can have a base on the NW side of the fossil field ridge, and we have then better use of a sensor network on Yard island, and a safe distance is maintained between us.

Any response on the Hives behalf so far?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 11, 2004, 19:29   #402
Maniac

How about sending this message to FlameFlash:

Hi FlameFlash,

Here are some comments and questions about your previous PM.

First, it seems like the Central Processing Unit is comfortable with you building a base around the Fossil Field Ridge. In return for this, we would want to ask then though if you would be willing to agree with a clause that no Hive or Drone air units can be stationed in PEACE bases or territory. This is also in your benefit as it would significantly decrease the odds the new PEACE territories would become the battlefield of another war in case the Hive would decide to declare war on us in the future.

Second, as I expected the CPU really doesn't like the idea of PEACE building another base on Yardlong Island after Crossbone Way would be deconstructed. Could I therefore please request if it would be possible to execute a decolonization of Yardlong Island without building another base?

Third, even if instead of turning over control of the units on Yardlong Island for a sum of energy credits, you would opt for a decolonization by sending a transport, could you please still consider a control transfer of the crawler on (55.61) in exchange for a sum of credits? That crawler is located on a very fertile tile and of course we would want to harvest that square ourselves as soon as possible. Since that crawler is located very deep in the Consciousness-Planet University sphere of influence, it would take ages to ship that crawler away yourself.

Friendly greetings,

Mani Alpha-3

Quote:
Any response on the Hives behalf so far?
Nope. Which of course decreases my willingness to live by any agreement we sign with PEACE. Btw, you once made a plan to possibly attack that last PEACE schooner. Where did you post that again?

Anyway, taking into account your comments, how about this new border proposal below? I would no longer mention "no-base-zones" or DMZs, but simply call it a border above which PEACE can do whatever it wants, and we can do whatever we want below it. Then we can build bases on South-Bones Island or Yardlong Island if you want, without needing to ask permission.
Also the straight red line at the top of the second picture wouldn't indicate that we claim all the land and sea beneath it as our territory, but simply that we'd ask PEACE not to found any bases there, so that the Hive doesn't get free air bases. Whether there comes a DMZ there, would be up to Hive-CPU bilateral agreements, if they're interested of course...

Btw, GeoModder, wouldn't you want to do the diplomacy between CPU and PEACE?
Old March 11, 2004, 20:12   #403
GeoModder
Deity

Damn those log out problems

Ok, in short:

Maniac, ok that I from next week on play the diplomat.

The plan for attacking the PEACE schooner will be posted in the MAF thread soon, but I think I have put it first in ceasefire thread or Hive diplo thread.

No DMZ with PEACE is only possible when no Hive/Drone air units are allowed in their future territory.

Map more or less ok, but needs to be further looked upon towards PUT territory. For that crawler issue, we can transfer a crawler as well when peace comes with PEACE, if ec's are not ok with them.

Important: are you sure that a majority of our members is ok with all this? Last I checked Drogue and Obstructor still seemed against PEACE survival. A new poll perhaps?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 11, 2004, 20:37   #404
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
Important: are you sure that a majority of our members is ok with all this? Last I checked Drogue and Obstructor still seemed against PEACE survival. A new poll perhaps?
Is fine by me. The problem for me though is that my opinion whether or not to eliminate PEACE depends on how many units it would cost us. And it's difficult to know that at the moment.
Old March 11, 2004, 20:51   #405
GeoModder
Deity

Not that difficult. 2 cruisers would be within Hive air umbrella I think, thus lost. O yes, that 'prisoner' cp would be lost as well.

But I'll check, and prepare some MAF orders for CC.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 15, 2004, 13:54   #406
GeoModder
Deity

The following diplomatic message is sent to PEACE

Hello, captain FlameFlash

Allow me to introduce myself, I'm negotiator and Military Affairs Function Geo Beta-2 of the CPU council.

Currently I'm the appointed spokesman for the ceasefire talks between our factions.

I am afraid I have to start these talks with a grief message. In concern with the Hive discovery of a unknown contagious planet virus, we investigated all vessels within our reach of presence with this virus. The schooner crew near Conshelf 57 showed signs of infections, thus we felt compelt to sterilize the whole unit since it was heading directly towards an inhabitated base. The good news is that the transport foil in the same area seemed not to be infected. Hive units are still under investigation on the moment, but CPU is more or less assured that the Hive is firm enough not to allow possible infected units return to harbour. But this must be discussed with the Hive.

CPU-council is at the moment in meeting on the sort of allowance to return to PEACE for the unfortunately necessary destruction of the schooner, again, this is also in convergence of the sort of agreements that can be reached with the Hive on the destruction of the colony pod. We are quite concerned about this.

That brings us to the topic of Crossbone Way.
Since PEACE does not have a second base anywhere, and since in the former proposals a return to sea of PEACE was asked, I propose the following:

Crossbone Way grows it's population to a level 2, builds a colony pod, and starts constructing a new one immediately.
This colony pod will found a new base somewhere north on the coast (I suggest on map grid 59.37), by then the production of Crossbone Way should be finished and the base thus dismantled.
In accordance to your wish of a return to sea, a sea colony pod can be constructed in the new base and used to found a new base on the northern side of the Fossil Field Ridge. That base should be, by CPU wishes, be the southernmost and closest base PEACE will have to CPU territory.
Utterly, when a new base is founded in the north, the PEACE base on Yardlong island should be dismantled as well.
As for the transport foil around Conshelf 57, for the moment we do not allow it in the Atlantis Ocean, perhaps in a few MY, when trust is regained between our factions, we can escort it in the northern part of that ocean. For now I suggest to move it to the northern peninsula of the isle where your former comrades found such a horrible death.

There is one more wish on behalf of the CPU. As long as any PEACE base is in existence on Yardlong island, we like to see the Pact between the Hive and PEACE be reduced to a Treaty.

I realize that the unfortunate destruction of your schooner does not do much to gain your trust at this time, but think of this:
We did not attack any further on any other PEACE unit this year, while we easily could have done so.

In the hope that the Hive will wisen up and answers positively at our communications with them, I conclude this message.

Geo Beta-2
Military Affairs Function and negotiator of the CPU

I realize that critics can come from this from some of you, but so far this whole message can be discarded of if any other factions stays hostile.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 15, 2004, 14:17   #407
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
There is one more wish on behalf of the CPU. As long as any PEACE base is in existence on Yardlong island, we like to see the Pact between the Hive and PEACE be reduced to a Treaty.
Then you'd lose our only source of infiltration information on the Hive!
I'd scrap this part. If the PM is already sent, I'd suggest to cancel it (Go to "private messages" > "message tracking", select the PM and click on "Cancel").
For the rest a great message.
Old March 15, 2004, 15:42   #408
GeoModder
Deity

This is something PEACE won't except anyway. It's just a bit overdose as to agree in the middle. Besides, I don't think they would do anything without at least continuing the talks.

Don't worry, I know what I'm doing.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 15, 2004, 15:44   #409
GeoModder
Deity

A question, if I select 'End tracking', in the 'message tracking' part, is the message then deleted as well, or only the notification towards me when the message is received?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 15, 2004, 17:05   #410
Maniac

I think "End tracking" removes the notification that the message is sent.
"Cancel" fully deletes the message.
Old March 15, 2004, 17:20   #411
GeoModder
Deity

Well, it was already readed. I hope they will throughly read it and care to response instead of just showing their back now.
I think the largest hostage scenario of Planet has just begun.
We might avoid a full out escalation with PEACE under our 'protection' the next 10 turns.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 16, 2004, 08:18   #412
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 21:36
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I conducted a chat with Makahlua and whent over the whole situation with him. I expressed the view that we had already gained all that we could from war and now PEACE's continued existed was agreeable to us as long as it was to the north and out of our territory.

He says he will atempt to have production in Crossbone changed to a Pod which will be completed at about the same time population grows. That Pod can then be picked up by their Transport and taken north. Then a second Pod will be made and this also picked up by the Transport and again taken north, only then will they construct a Sea Pod to place on the Fossil Field Ridge.

New Sargaso, Dionsaur Island and Bone Island and the near coastal waters would be the new Pirate homeland with the Desert island Yardlong being Cycon territory.

I also told them we wished to buy the Crawler near BMV after they have moved north, I offered 60 Credits for it which is probly less them what it would cost to Mind Control. I told them we would likly be droping off a Probe team next to the Crawler to make shure that we can take it if they refuse to make or pull out of a sales agreement. For the mean time we should let them keep using it to expidite their move north.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 16, 2004, 09:04   #413
GeoModder
Deity

I hope you can persuade them to stick in the north of bone island

I intend to suggest the founding of a base in the south of Bone Island so that, if we want, can build a sensor network there.

For the rest, I can live with the slightly different migration plan of PEACE.

Do I take it you want to handle the full diplomatic talks with PEACE now?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 17, 2004, 12:08   #414
GeoModder
Deity

Response from PEACE
Ok people, PEACE has responded. It is quite positive in my opinion.

I post the contents here:

First some introduction blahblah from me

Quote:
Following is my reply:

Quote:
Hello, captain FlameFlash

Allow me to introduce myself, I'm negotiator and Military Affairs Function Geo Beta-2 of the CPU council.
Greetings.

Quote:
Currently I'm the appointed spokesman for the ceasefire talks between our factions.

I am afraid I have to start these talks with a grief message. In concern with the Hive discovery of a unknown contagious planet virus, we investigated all vessels within our reach of presence with this virus. The schooner crew near Conshelf 57 showed signs of infections, thus we felt compelt to sterilize the whole unit since it was heading directly towards an inhabitated base. The good news is that the transport foil in the same area seemed not to be infected. Hive units are still under investigation on the moment, but CPU is more or less assured that the Hive is firm enough not to allow possible infected units return to harbour. But this must be discussed with the Hive.
Under guises of health concerns or not, the violation of the ceasefire in such an action is deplorable. Health concerns should have been directed to me, Herc, or another PEACE cap'n and allowed for PEACE to take care of the problem.

Quote:
CPU-council is at the moment in meeting on the sort of allowance to return to PEACE for the unfortunately necessary destruction of the schooner, again, this is also in convergence of the sort of agreements that can be reached with the Hive on the destruction of the colony pod. We are quite concerned about this.
The destruction of the schooner is only related to the destruction of your CP in relation to your thinking that the virus had also infected our schooner. They are, however, two seperate issues and unless CPU does have plans to finish off PEACE (which they should just do now if they do) we expect compensation of an amount of PoEs that will allow for a rush build.

As per talks regarding not picking up our crawlers but having the CPU purchase them, we were wondering if the 60 PoEs mentinoed were for both or for each, though the option is looked at very highly either way, a total of 200 PoEs for the lost schooner and two crawlers would be appreciated. Either given after, or before we get off of yardarm and out of CPU's back yard.

Quote:
That brings us to the topic of Crossbone Way.
Since PEACE does not have a second base anywhere, and since in the former proposals a return to sea of PEACE was asked, I propose the following:

Crossbone Way grows it's population to a level 2, builds a colony pod, and starts constructing a new one immediately.
This colony pod will found a new base somewhere north on the coast (I suggest on map grid 59.37), by then the production of Crossbone Way should be finished and the base thus dismantled.
In accordance to your wish of a return to sea, a sea colony pod can be constructed in the new base and used to found a new base on the northern side of the Fossil Field Ridge. That base should be, by CPU wishes, be the southernmost and closest base PEACE will have to CPU territory.
These plans are quite similar to plans that we've already been considering. There shouldn't be any problems. We are estimating approximately 7+ turns to get Crossbone and everything off of Yardarm, probably more in the '+' range, unfortunately.

The first message was too long and thus needed splitting:

Quote:
Utterly, when a new base is founded in the north, the PEACE base on Yardlong island should be dismantled as well.
As for the transport foil around Conshelf 57, for the moment we do not allow it in the Atlantis Ocean, perhaps in a few MY, when trust is regained between our factions, we can escort it in the northern part of that ocean. For now I suggest to move it to the northern peninsula of the isle where your former comrades found such a horrible death.
It needs to be returned to Crossbone Way ASAP and seeing as it is of no threat (immediate or otherwise) to the CPU, especially with the blatant disregard that's been shown thus far for the ceasefire I'm sure you'll understand as we move it to safety away from hostilities but also closer to the one place it would be beneficial to us (back to Crossbone Way).

Quote:
While I understand your... annoyance, with the Hive currently, CPU has shown itself to be less trustworthy currently, especially with the breaking of the ceasefire so recent. We simply hope that peace can once again be restored, and this time, more permanently.

There is currently talk of dropping from Pact to Treaty status with the Hive as they have also shown themselves to be untrustworthy, however, and while I cannot guarentee anything at the moment, please be advised we do not want to be a launching point for further war efforts, especially between our two, rather large and powerful neighbors.

Quote:
I realize that the unfortunate destruction of your schooner does not do much to gain your trust at this time, but think of this:
We did not attack any further on any other PEACE unit this year, while we easily could have done so.
That is of little comfort as the only PEACE unit that would have helped us come out of our existance being threatened as much as it currently is was smited.

Quote:
In the hope that the Hive will wisen up and answers positively at our communications with them, I conclude this message.

Geo Beta-2
Military Affairs Function and negotiator of the CPU
And it is our hope that Hive actions will no longer be misconstrued to be PEACE actions, yet PEACE will continue to do business with the faction that has proven itself to be the more trustworthy toward PEACE at the current level and can only hope compensation for the schooner and crawlers come sometime soon.

We also hope to see an end to the hostilities between Hive and the CPU but understand that Hive was the agressor.

While I again cannot speak for the entire body on this new point, I would suggest a similar tactic of the Hive as they did in helping PEACE gain the tentative ceasefire that is currently being jepordized by Hive actions being misconstrued also as PEACE actions.

FF
They agree to leave Yardlong Island, and indicate that a cp is under construction in Crossbone Way.

Further more their is talk about 2 PEACE crawlers around. I only know about one in our turf, but if the second one is on Yardlong, I'm agreed to let them take it with them on their voyage and good riddance.

My recommendation on the retribution for the schooner is that we will do so if Hive decides to allow our cruiser to return to Atlantis.

Also, as by recommendation of Maniac before his retirement, he suggested not to press a lowering of the Pact to a Treaty between PEACE and Hive for infiltration reasons. I'm in favour of this reduction because Hive can station air units in Crossbone Way within 2 turns (it is 23 tiles away from New Moscow).

Any comments?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Last edited by GeoModder; March 17, 2004 at 12:20.
Old March 17, 2004, 12:48   #415
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 21:36
Local Date: November 1, 2010
It was I who proposed the purchase of the Crawler near MBV for a sum of 60 Credits, I was not aware of the second Crawler in out territory, but on recolection their is infact a second Crawler brining 2 mins to CrossBone. I suspect its a Crawler on a forest someware neach Mega Reboot.

60 Credits for each would be a resonable price in my opinion.

Also I proposed an alternate relocation plan that I belive would be faster.

The first Pod is picked up by the transport and a Land base is started with it, then CrossBone disbands and the second Pod is transported northward to found a second Land Base, only then will they start a Sea Pod to colonize the Fossil Field Ridge. The energy credits we provide them will alow the Pods to be hurried and they can likly disband CrossBone in less then 6 turns.

Also The borders I proposed were a bit more generous. I proposed that they would be able to use all of Dinosaur and Bone Island as their territory and its near coastal waters to start bases. Their is little point in denying this to them as we cant use the territory for ourselves.

For the purposes of border clairification I think we should use a simple strati line to deside the border. PEACE territory would be Square with its southern tip at (48/40). Its border with the Hive is ofcorse an issue between them, with us they will agree to build bases and move units only within this zone. Thus Cycon will maintain a right of passage around the top of YardLong island through the coastal waters running just adjacent to the border. The border line will also extend into the unexplored territory in the northern Hemiphere untill it intersect either the top of the Map or Drone Territory.

The Nutral Zone with the Hive shall be a Rectangular area with the corners (38/32), (28/42), (34/48) and (44/38). Thus it borders PEACE territory and fully seals off the waters that either faction would need to move through to reach the other.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 17, 2004, 16:59   #416
GeoModder
Deity

Posting error, I start a new PEACE diplomaty thread since this one has become topheavy.

I put the last 3 messages in it, those are a good summarization of how things are ATM.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Last edited by GeoModder; March 17, 2004 at 17:04.
Old March 17, 2004, 17:00   #417
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
Thus it borders PEACE territory and fully seals off the waters that either faction would need to move through to reach the other.
Except some sea tiles right under the Angels' coastline, but that can be added.

I basically agree with the neutral zone outline with the Hive.

But the borderline for PEACE isn't clear to me.

I propose the strait tiles on 55.33-57.33, 56.34, 55.35-57.35 the southern sea border line.
The strait tiles on 60.24 down to 60.30 and 61.23 down to 61.29 as the eastern border. Not enough info yet to determine that, but probably a border on 59.17 as well.

I like out of these border negotiations with PEACE bases solely on the eastern coast of Yardlong island, so we can build sensors on Yard where we like. PEACE can build a sensor on Bone island (54.34) if they like, to monitor their side of the straits.

Not something I will press, but I love to have permittance to bould a base on Bone Island (tile 46.38) so we can build a sensor to guard the northern part of the neutral zone with Hive. It is out of air range of either faction (Hive or us), thus shouldn't be a big problem.

If this is not allowed, I want that PEACE is forbidden to found a base on 47.37 or 48.36. That would create a back door from Hive to us.

Btw, Impaler, excellent work how you turned the talkings to more constructive issues with Voltaire.

Something else, I will start a new diplo thread for PEACE, since this one is top heavy (barely possible to post large messages here).

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 17, 2004, 17:21   #418
Drogue
staff

Closed. I could have moved ther posts for you, if you wanted it though