Old June 27, 2003, 02:21   #1
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 23:39
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Planning for absences from the USSR
For the month of July, we have many that are going to be going on vacation, leaving the rest of us with the dirty work of fighting the Germans while they sit on a beach somewhere, drinking Coronas and looking at all the string bikinis.

In this thread, not only will you announce your absences, you can express your willingness to fill in for any of the General positions that do not have a substitute scheduled. Politburo members are eligible, indeed, encouraged to sub for vacationing Generals.

Generals
The Anzac (Northwest Front) : June 28th to July 16th
Substitute: PinkyGen
Yop73 (Murmansk Front) : July 11 to july 24. August 1 to august 11.
Replacement: Obiwan18
Henrik (Baltic Front) : July 11 to 22nd
Substitute:
Shaka Naldur (Resigned): Permanent
Replacement: Xenozod

Politburo
Greeny (Armaments) : June 28th to July 9th
Substitute
Xenozod (Assistant NKVD) : July 23 to 27
Substitute: (None needed probably)
EZRhino (Economic Minister) : Resigning ~ July 28th
Replacement: Assistant Economic Minister PinkyGen

Last edited by H Tower; July 3, 2003 at 00:11.
Old June 27, 2003, 02:25   #2
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

The first replacement will be Xenozod, who has agreed to take command of the 1st Ukrainian Front on a permament basis. Of course, he will need to resign from the NKVD first.
Old June 27, 2003, 02:39   #3
Xenozod
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 22:39
I am ready to take my place as Commander of the 1st Ukrainian Front, Comrade Marshal.
Old June 27, 2003, 05:04   #4
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 06:39
Local Date: November 2, 2010
H tower, i may be gone for a couple days next month, date unknown.

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old June 27, 2003, 15:28   #5
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 04:39
Willing to take command of any front (provided a commander PM's me a description of what he's doing and what tactics he's been using), or I can stay as assistant in economics, though I have'nt been doing much there. On the other hand, my boss EZRhino in Economics also leaves some time in late July, so you may wish to edit your thread HTower.
On the other hand, this means I could temp sub for a front such as NW, Baltic, or Murmansk (though I would miss Yop's second August absence), and take over economics when the front commander comes back.
On the third hand , I'm going on vacation August 9th, and if EZRhino is leaving late July, it is only around two weeks of me in command in economics, so maybe I should just quit the number crunching all together.
Old June 27, 2003, 15:59   #6
PinkyGen
Prince

Actually, reading my post, I see I actually have four hands. Behold the future Soviet man.
Old June 28, 2003, 19:22   #7
Colwyn
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 14:39
But the future soviet man doesn't come around till

Cherybonyl.
Old June 29, 2003, 14:54   #8
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 00:39
Let PinkyGen sub for someone who is gone and back bfore the end of July.

Then he can take over Economics permanently when EZ Leaves and still stay employed in the mean time as a pinch hitter.

Some front time will be good, it will give the perspective of being "in the dirt" with the troops!

So go ahead and pick one for him H. Pinky any preferences?
Old June 29, 2003, 23:08   #9
PinkyGen
Prince

I've already talked with the Marshall, and shall take over NW front next turn. I'll make the *official* announcement on the NW thread, incorporate some nice role-play and grandiose rhetoric.
Old June 30, 2003, 01:18   #10
H Tower

Would the General Secretary care to try his hand at being a General for a turn or two? *hint* *hint*
Old June 30, 2003, 22:39   #11
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
Would the General Secretary care to try his hand at being a General for a turn or two? *hint* *hint*
Let me check my schedule, Ill be gone for a week in mid July for work and then off to the Northwoods for a week with the kids after 10 August.

I can do armaments right now. And it seems like everyone else is leaving 11 July!

I could do something else for two weeks after July 19th.
Old July 1, 2003, 15:02   #12
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

H, take a look at this:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...80#post1079680

We may need to get a sub for Yopov on the Murmansk Front right now.

If that is the case I can play for him till 11 July.

I can probably play the following week but Ill be travelling so there is no guarentees.

It shouldn't be too tough I played the turn for the Old Guy two or three times back when I was the Marshal.

Let me know your thoughts.

This may have to be a topic for thursday night!
Old July 1, 2003, 16:18   #13
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Re: Planning for absences from the USSR
Quote:
looking at all the string bikinis.
H, could you correct this? I think you meant removing string bikini's!
Old July 1, 2003, 22:04   #14
Xenozod
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 22:39
Maybe for some, but I doubt I will in Indianapolis...
Old July 2, 2003, 13:40   #15
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Steve I can take over for Yop, but you'd have to show me the ropes around here. I know we work together so well...

Last edited by Darius871; July 2, 2003 at 13:46.
Old July 2, 2003, 13:48   #16
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Darius871
Steve I can take over for Yop, but you'd have to show me the ropes around here. I know we work together so well...
WOW, I thought you said you weren't going to do a Demo Game?

Can you hop on AIM right now? I can't get MSN to work.
Old July 2, 2003, 19:27   #17
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
I can probably play the following week but Ill be travelling so there is no guarentees.

It shouldn't be too tough I played the turn for the Old Guy two or three times back when I was the Marshal.
If you need a new person for the Murmansk front, I am already filling in for the STYOM after the 11th of July in the Civ2DG and now have a home internet connection so I can download the files for the Red Front DG.

Let me know via email SPAMIAMsean_ollech@hotmail.comIAMSPAM or via PM.
Old July 2, 2003, 23:33   #18
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

H put me down for the Armaments substitute. Then you have I believe 3 choices for Murmansk Front so you need to make a decision on that so you can finish this turn.
Old July 3, 2003, 00:10   #19
H Tower

The Marshal wishes to welcome back comrade Obiwan18 as the new commander of the Murmansk front. I'm glad you're able to play the scenario now. Don't forget to load the proper time period with the batch file. We're playing Summer 1942 right now
Old July 3, 2003, 17:33   #20
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Cool.

I will download the required files when I get home.

/me happy about job interview.
Old July 6, 2003, 01:28   #21
PinkyGen
Prince

Comrade General Obiwoski , can you post the murmansk file soon?
Old July 6, 2003, 12:43   #22
Iron Chancellor
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

The office of the NKVD will be empty during the last week of July and the first of Augustf as I, the director/chairman/poobah will be unavailable, and I lack an assisstant.
Old July 6, 2003, 15:01   #23
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron Chancellor
The office of the NKVD will be empty during the last week of July and the first of Augustf as I, the director/chairman/poobah will be unavailable, and I lack an assisstant.
I can cover during that time frame. My biggest concern is the switch to winter, when food becomes a major issue. After that a check every trun should go pretty quick.

Old July 6, 2003, 15:14   #24
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
Comrade General Obiwoski , can you post the murmansk file soon?
General Obiwoski playing at this moment.

Very pleased to have work to keep me occupied.
Old July 9, 2003, 14:01   #25
greeny
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Well, I'm back and eager to resume the fight for the glorious Motherland! It looks like a substitute wasn't needed after all.
Old July 9, 2003, 19:02   #26
H Tower

I'm going to be gone starting now until sunday afternoon, I shouldn't be needed before then, but if you guys do manage to speed through this turn, comrade General Secretary Knapovich is authorized to play for me.

Try not to get in trouble while I'm gone, Ming's going to be watching.
Old July 9, 2003, 21:12   #27
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Trouble?

Interesting that you mention Knapovitch by name...

I shall be back this weekend as well, and I should be able to play my turn.
Old July 10, 2003, 23:55   #28
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
I'm going to be gone starting now until sunday afternoon, I shouldn't be needed before then, but if you guys do manage to speed through this turn, comrade General Secretary Knapovich is authorized to play for me.

Try not to get in trouble while I'm gone, Ming's going to be watching.
OK But unless there is going to be over a 24 hour delay, Ill just wait for you to come back.

I beginning ten days of travel for work tomorrow.
Old July 12, 2003, 12:59   #29
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

I am back, and will be playing shortly.

For the Rodina!
Old July 18, 2003, 00:34   #30
EZRhino
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 21:39
Location: Sunset and the evening star And one clear call for me.
Okay, I should update you guys; I am defering my service on active duty with the U.S. Army untill I finish this quarter's summer school, so I should be around untill the end of august. That should probably be enough for us to take Berlin

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Last edited by EZRhino; July 18, 2003 at 22:16.